Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

I get that but its also a big big problem that NEEDS to be talked about

For queen and country, please migrate at your leisure.

3 Likes

14d8aXqqYLD_460s-2770180596

Couple of things we can notice from the trailer:

The Type 7 being represented in the event is armed w/ two 20mm on the sides of the conning tower, and a 37mm FlaK behind it - no large-caliber deck gun is present. This is the same configuration that the one in WT Mobile has ( War-Thunder-Mobile-Datamine/aces.vromfs.bin_u/gamedata/units/ships/germ_sub_type_7.blkx at master · gszabi99/War-Thunder-Mobile-Datamine · GitHub ); this appears to mark the first time a WTM-exclusive vehicle has become a player vehicle here in WT ( the aircraft carriers HMS Illustrious(87) and USS Lexington(CV-2) predate it, but they’re not playable currently ).

Also, the periscope is animated and able to be extended/retracted ! Seems like it’ll have it 's own vignette

These seem to be some of the new " underwater " visual effects that @gszabi99_HUN discovered.

Appears to be the normal non-Case Mk.13-6 torpedo loadout on this PBY-5, interesting that it 's able to score against the surfaced submarine here. W/ the " crash-dive " control recently added to the files, this further implies that U-boats - as irl - will not be able to instantly dive when running on the surface, or atleast not w/o sustaining some kind of damage.

Unfortunately, we’re not going to know what torpedo options this sub is going to have until it 's added to the files: the unused G7e(TIIIa) ( on the left ) and the regular G7a ( on the right ) use the same visuals atm

Though they do already have differences in characteristics

Some seemingly submarine-related changes in the datamines today:
( https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/17m9qps/datamine_230026_231010_part_3_231010_231022/ )

Lucky that ( at present ) there 's no depth limits for launch of the newly-discovered TMA-1 submarine-launched mine - not that you’ll be able to aim or see targets at depth, depending on how SONAR is modelled.
d2f44428440d091e663b7cf5f0fe35fc1e6fa554_2_1000x154

And some non-submarine changes, which are still interesting:

Probably not, but I wouldn’t be against seeing those unused PBY-5 's in some capacity someday soon:

RAAF

URSS

( https://new-live.warthunder.com/post/984945/en/ )

11 Likes

Wha ?

I need that aussie Catalina

For the British tree :)

Yes. But it’s taken up probably 25% of 3 10,000 comment threads at this point. The most salient points and ideas have been made, and the discussion is becoming circular at this point, instead of leaving the thread open for other topics.

Think of it this way, the issue is so important, it now has it’s own thread.

We had mediocre aircrafts at top tier for more than a year already, we are just excited at the possibility to finally get something good.

3 Likes

Soon as i saw the teaser it was a instant tag :) we’ll see more info tomorrow i believe

1 Like

I hope you get it mate! ;)

1 Like

It 's actually very reminiscent of the configuration on U-995, which is preserved in Kiel:

4 Likes

It’s more they got the AJ because even if Japan got the F-2 or XF-2, they would still have no mavericks/guided munitions. When they were talking about Japan prior to the AJ they were trying to sell it as a multi-role fighter. The F-2 without ships to shoot at would be a pure air superiority fighter.

But yea the point remains. That’s why Japan gets a special pass and isn’t an excuse to add things to other nations just because. It’s a key difference that people willingly ignore because it doesn’t help their case.

4 Likes

I’d love to see that. (bonus if the US doesn’t get it for an update.)

1 Like

Indeed as much as I argue with you all about an independent Canada tree I’d argue SA deserves an independent tree first.

nice looking aircraft

so a Typ VIIC/41

1 Like

I know we have a good competitive top tier for Japan with the F-16AJ, but I really hope to see something new for Japan, something they actually used at top tier air. The obvious 2 candidates would be XF-2A and F-15J.

Not like we’re in UK/Sweden’s position, but I can still dream…

Gaijin makes the most money by releasing an iconic fighter to both nations at the same time, in particular when said fighter is one of the most iconic fighters for one of the biggest money making nations for Gaijin.

I could be wrong and I don’t mind being wrong here, but I’m 80% certain that britian getting the F-18 before the US is mostly just a wet dream of some british mains.

Wow we’re already at 1000 pages, I bet there are a lot of cool rumors and leaks being discussed…ahh

2 Likes

I guess gaijin could add new Mirage 2000D around 11.7 - 12.3 BR located after Mirage 2000D-R1 but gaijin not add new fighter aircraft from french navy for 2 year