Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Yes exactly they don’t have anything between the pre treaty post ww1 Dreadnoughts and the Yamato. They can try to beef it out in the lower tiers but Japan as of right now is nearing its peak with the Nagato and Amagi and Kii. Then they have no equivalents to things like H-39, Lion and Iowa because the Yamato (on paper) is just that much better.

They literally can’t though. They’d have to leave out Iowa and Yamato since they’re leagues ahead of what anyone else can get.

Well Gaijin usually gives those ‘spaced armor’ if those space is consistent in thickness by giving ‘air’ as armor(we can see this case in MBT/KPZ-70). Littorio has special cement foam between two armor plate and I’ve heard once that those cement foam work as air gap for spaced armor, but not sure of it. If we can find sources, we could claim Gaijin to add ‘cement foam’ as kind of armor as ‘air’ and increase Littorio’s armor.

Acutally even without those foam 70 mm RHA + 280 mm RCA is acutally pretty good for top tier battleship as Littorio class can armor much well than most of battleships.

1 Like

No.13 is a follow on from Kii, Kii had 16 inch guns, no.13 has 18. Kii has 10 guns, no.13 has 8.

Armour is improved from 11inches on Kii to 13 on no.13

Well soviets would get a paper ship. Even if Britain didnt get a paper ship, we could get HMS Rodney. Germany would get Bismark or Tirpitz

we’ve also seen already how they balance ships with heavier calibres like the Hood. So i’d expect ship’s like Iowa and Yamato to have horrifically bad accuracy

Iowa is fantastic because it was actually built. But in terms of performance, its not that much better than Lion and Soyuz.

The only issue is Yamato that one is leagues ahead of everything else.

But comparing Iowa and Lion. Lion has thicker armour by 2 inches, the same number of guns, yes it has less flat pen but it has a higher arc and Iowa’s deck is not thick enough to compensate for that.

Plus i expect them to add the montanas which brings the 65,000 tonne lions into tbe mix as the Montanas direct equivalent.

cracks knuckles now we could take the war gaming approach and get HMS Thunderer based purely on a single 18inch gun that was made as a proof of concept that briitain could make 18inch guns.

What Yamato has to overcome, is this terrible cheek prevent her from angle effectively, and fact that Littorio/Iowa/Soyuz and even Yamato herself can penetrate Yamato’s main armor at 15 km with ease according to Gaijin penetration calculator.

Firepower? Her pure 18.1 inch is powerful, though she has one of slowest reload rate among top tier battleship (30 seconds without time for elevating guns) Soyuz has 23 seconds, Iowa has about 24 seconds in same standard.

Mobility? Her efficiency in power to weight ratio means that in game her acceleration would be horrible. Iowa and Soyuz’s high power to weight ratio means that they would accelerate/de-accelerate better.

I love War Thunder naval and grind every nation for now, but I have to say, Japan doesn’t have bright future with Yamato. War Thunder Naval is different from World of Warships.

3 Likes

A7V and A7+ ???

god I could imagine it, IJN Yamato fighting Type 21 frigates and Oliver Hazard Perry

1 Like

You guys are still here ?

actually that is a good question think we might ever see things like wake homing torpedoes for the more modern ships?

You seemed to missed something in the post.

Main tree+Sub-tree+Other nation(s) conformed to be there
Netherlands+Bugluim+Luxembourg.

It doesn’t matter how much Luxembourg has it’s not a primary member of the tree but it has a home in the tree much like how it has been said the Nodics will all go to Sweden.
Doesn’t matter if they add 1 or 10 vehicles with the Luxembourg flag just all of them will go to that tree.

That is another possiblity, yes!

Since Italy-Hungary could get Hungary’s 2A7+ HU, and Germany’s closest counterpart is 2A7V.

T-90M and M1A1 SA/A2 SEPv2 could come too.

In general, I can’t wait for more heavy armor to come to Top Tier!

any interesting leaks or info for this update yet?

That’s weird cus both are in the files currently, only one in use tho on the SMT.

I think we can safely assume that once Russia gets something larger than 12 inches the accuracy problem will mysteriously disappear.

Deceptive, Iowas belt is inclined while Lions is straight vertical. Lion is better at very close ranges but at distances where the shells aren’t hitting flat on it starts to change.

Why? Montana wasn’t laid down. They haven’t yet said that ships can be added based on having guns built, only keels laid.

Exactly, War Thunder is different from WoWS. Unlike over there angling and mobility aren’t very important, just pick a direction and pop anything that you see. Reload time isn’t the best but its good enough. Her armor not being very useful isn’t great, but she isn’t unique there, no battleship is going to be protected from itself at the ranges we fight at currently.
Currently Yamato wouldn’t suffer from any problems that would set her apart from other top tier ships. However she can only benefit from armor penetration changes, map size adjustments, and accuracy improvements, and far more than some other ships would.

The luxemborgers can provide an attack helicopter and a humvee tow.

Britain will get hundreds of gen 4 fighters.

1 Like

F-2A, F-15DJ, and F-15J on the Japan tree!