Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Spoiler

Sad

2 Likes

One in weston super mare?

Yeh

OH MY GOD i saw that and thought it was just another harrier airframe when i was there

Need to make another 15hr journey to ask them to buy it

Not bad condition, honestly. Just a bit of limescale to blow off with a pressure washer. Otherwise, it’s actually a really good condition compared to other RAF relics

@Rambolf @lxtav

I have created the topic in Machinery of War Discussion

Spoiler

Hawker Siddeley P.1154 - Discussion topic

1 Like

well first of all 3 of those are common wealth aircraft which means they are pretty unlikely, and the other 2 “insane” planes you listed are sub sonic and are only good because of their missiles (hint other nations will have the same missiles on a better airframe)

1 Like

Gaijin has already said repeatedly that gaps that cannot be filled, can be filled by Commonwealth nations. Not necessarily exclusively for Britian, but Britian included.
They’re absolutely viable and potential candidates for the devs to have picked from.

Sea Harrier FA.2 is carried by its missiles, instant acceleration, and would house one of, if not the most unnotchable radars seen in game. Blue Vixen.

BAe Hawk 200 would be a weird choice, subsonic but good radar, good missiles, insane dogfight capabilities

They said they will use Commonweath stuff were needed. Hence Indian T-90.

Commonwealth stuff has an equal chance to domestic stuff.

2 Likes

last time I heard britain will be getting a plane with the best radar set in game we got the Tornado F3 with the Z type radar

which i hope we do but I still dont see us getting anything other that the Ja39C

Tornado’s current radar is very good. One of the best. Where it falls short is the airframe and missiles, rendering the radar irrelevant

It just when it came out it wasn’t (in game)

4 Likes

except it was posted before the first devblog lmao?

Spoiler

how hard is it to understand that the rest might have been just decoys to throw anyone checking off?

The original they added was Stage 2, whereas what we have now is Stage 2 ++ if I remember right. Massive improvements

I more mean it came with a preproduction radar that the community had to beg for them to switch, which kinda left a bad taste in my mouth so i wont hold my breath on britain getting an actually good plane

the original was the Z type radar which was a preproduction version of the fox hunter radar rushed into the F3

I get you, 100% but Smin has already confirmed a new top tier (this means 12+ BR) jet for Britian. We know what Sweden is getting, which is JAS39 so for it to compete with MiG-29, Gripen, F-16, there’s only ever going to be like…5 jets all of which i’d be happy to see.

Sure Sea Harrier FA.2 isn’t as good as a CF-18 or F/A-18 but, it’s a SUPER significant part of RAF history, what with the Falklands/las malvinas war
The Blue Vixen would essentially be un-notchable to anyone who doesn’t have the best RWRs in the game. Paired with AIM-120Bs, you’d be looking at a really lethal jet still, even at the lower end of what we could recieve

That the FA1

1 Like

Sorry misremembering :)