Hawker Siddeley P.1154 - Discussion topic

Having learned that there was limited construction done on prototypes for these machines
I thought that this topic might serve as a place to discuss performance, armament and share sources. And if enough are gathered, I think it would be fair to proceed with suggestion since UK does lack fighters at certain BRs

What is P.1154?
The Hawker Siddeley P.1154 was to be a supersonic VTOL capable jet aircraft which was to be used by both Royal Navy and Royal Air Force.
However due to certain events, both ended up being cancelled but construction was started as seen in “British Secret Projects: Jet Fighters since 1950” by Tony Buttler

Spoiler

Place in War Thunder
Since War Thunder has policy on vehicles such as this one (in spoiler below)

Spoiler

What constitutes a paper/fictional vehicle:

• Vehicle only existed in blueprint/sketch drawing form
  • No major individual, vehicle-specific parts (i.e. guns, powerplants, etc.) of the vehicle were built
  • Vehicle is a completely made up, unofficial design created by an individual

The vehicle you plan on suggesting meets the criteria above? In that case, it’s unfortunately a paper/fictional vehicle and as such won’t be accepted as a valid suggestion.

What constitutes an (unfinished) prototype:

• Vehicle was (partially) constructed
  • Vehicle-specific parts (i.e. guns, powerplants, etc.) were built

Does the vehicle you intend to suggest meet the criteria above? Fantastic! In that case, you have a more obscure vehicle which at least in some capacity existed in the real world and is therefore a valid vehicle to be suggested

• Vehicle was (partially) constructed
  • Vehicle-specific parts (i.e. guns, powerplants, etc.) were built

Does the vehicle you intend to suggest meet the criteria above? Fantastic! In that case, you have a more obscure vehicle which at least in some capacity existed in the real world and is therefore a valid vehicle to be suggested

The P.1154 satisfies the first criteria since the source above states that few prototypes were in some stage of construction before the cancellation.
What about second criteria?

Yes. Even the second criteria is satisfied with clearly being stated that engine ran.

Where would the P.1154s fit then?
Since there were two variants considered, one for RAF and one for RN, each should go to their respective line. Whether they should be after or before the Phantoms is up for debate.

Any additional sources as well as discussion is welcome. Thank you for reading.

5 Likes

Reserved for future if necessary

I have two suggestions pending for both the JS and RN versions btw

I believe at one point the PCB Harrier was to be restored I have no idea if that fell through

Though considering what… airframe it used it probs wouldn’t get the …best avionics

Same book does give some estimates

There is no way it could get mach 1.75

All my sources state mach 1.5 max at altitude

shrugs

Hmm, ill need to reevaluate then

Seems fairly reasonable

Just the later Secret projects book lists it as max 1.5

I mean its not like any of them flew so there’s bound to be conflicts…

Hold on ive just realised im retarded

Ive been looking at the wrong aircrafts specs

It is mach 1.75 at altitude, just for the RN version though

JS is limited to Mach 1.5

Not built therefore kanot be added kumrade )))))))))))

1 Like

Glances at F-16AJ and Yak-141
Yes, yes… Of course

2 Likes

B…b…b…buuut t…t…the yak was built

If you want a more egregious example look no further than the kronshtat. If that is the example of what qualifies for addition.

Where the fuck is the EAP. Or this?