The Wikipedia page for the N1K has citations to look into, maybe there are some reputable sources to back up some of those claims.
P-51 early has 4 20mm at a much lower br and doesn’t get the same uptier because dakka treatment. But planes that do suffer like the N1K and Ta-152C-3 do.
Classic turn fighter suffer belike:
I was flying in my Ta-152 C-3 and i have seen zeroes and me 262s in the same match. 6.3 is such a clusterf#ck of a br
Look, I don’t really see the N1K1 or N1K2 a lot despite Tech tree status and needed to advance further.
I suppose they are bad, but I didn’t really “met” one properly, I only remember dying to one because I was 1 engine down (I was in a Tu-2S) and said N1K1 dropped from +3km to kill me.
Most cases I see them in the killfeed and never meet them on equal energy states.
+1, Shiden Kai deserves a lower br
I think it’s time for aircraft to be properly balanced—and not just based on whether or not they carry cannons. Today I was flying the Bf 109G-6 and ran into an F8F-1; that plane easily outperforms mine in absolutely every regard except weaponry. But of course, what good are cannons if you’re up against something you can’t land a single shot on?The comparison is interesting: an aircraft from early 1944 pitted against one from mid-1945.
Depends on what N1K we’re talking about
Only the 5.3 is in anywhere near an ok spot, and its still arguably overtiered and should probably be 4.7 to 5.0, the others are just way overtiered
The N1K1-Ja is fine at 5.7, the two K2s are kinda meh at 6.0, but if they go to 6.3 I riot. They have good maneuverability, but I’m sick of that being an excuse for Gaijin to uptier it. My most played plane, the J6K, is at 6.7, and it’s not even that good anymore
It does nothing over other 5.7s besides turn rate and cannons. It’s very counterable and pretty poor at the BR against anybody who isnt a noob. The yaks and spitfires at the same BR turn about 95% as well as you but go about 2x faster than you at any given moment.
Also I would have said all of this if it was 5.3 too, I forgot they recently uptiered it. At 5.7 it is pitiful. The other 6.0s are also really bad in the same exact way except they face even worse things like jets or p51h way more often
I suddenly remembered I had posted this. I was… half right!