Move Wyvern S4 to 4.7 5.0 or 5.3. PLEASE

I wonder if you can bring 15 or less minutes of fuel in it now, and on the hornet. Pretty aids

I don’t think anyone actually likes coming up against a team of Wyverns and XP-50s. Do you? The Wyvern outruns most fighters at its BR (on even terms). Some say idiots use them because they have no skill? Have you ever come up against non-idiots that can use them? 5-6 kills per match. And if you are going for a high ground kill-streak for a battle task then forget it (you aren’t going to outscore them on a target per target basis).

um no it doesnt. Guess you were being sarcastic, right?

Yes, hence the image showing it very clearly not needing a buff.

Ha ha! If I had to chose any aircraft to up the BR then the post war (dec 1946/served mainly in the 50’s, at least 5 years after ww2 ended) W would indeed get my nod over something like the XP50. In the right hands it’s just too good.

I should have feel super embarrassed for having a 0.1 KDR with the Wyvern, since I have no interest of flying I couldn’t absorb any informations when someone took me to flying school. I think shitheads like me has something to do with maintaining the br of this aircraft who many considers OP, forgive me bros

1 Like

Ah but if you can master it it’s a right pain in the ass. I refuse to buy one, because it does look out of place with late WWII aircraft.

Actually there is a problem with a lot of premium aircraft. Take the Ju288c. I marked a target in my B17 but a guy in a 288 completely ignored me, proceeded to bomb the target and shoot me up with his cannons just enough so that if I crashed he wouldnt have got the teamkill for it. I barely made it back without bombing anything. Fustrated bomber pilots will find Wyvern flyers tend to ignore your pleas for not bombing your marked targets too, just because they are faster than you and you can do nothing to them if you are in a bomber…

Nothing to stop them bombing a target if they mark it first though, so I think this sort of think could easily be stopped if only the original target marker gets the full credit if he gets to bomb that target (1/4 being awarded to the ignorant if they ignore you) otherwise it’s pretty pointless taking a big bomber out at all (try ground pounding in one and the flak gets you quickly as you are a big target).

1 Like

Doesnt need a nerf either it fine where it is something like the xp-50 though needs to be moved up or should have its airspawn removed

German and Russian players are the ones who cry the most about the XP-50 because it’s the first time they have an aircraft get a dominant altitude advantage over them and forcing them to side climb. Like how most U.S. aircraft have to. Lol

2 Likes

The difference between being forced to sideclimb in the p-51 to fight bf-109 and the Xp-50 is that the p-51 will outperform a 109 in every aspect at high alt but require actual skill at low alt the XP-50 though will straight up outperform anything it sees at any alt it should not be 4.0 it has better performance than any of the 4.3 and most of the 4.7 aircraft while having an airspawn

3 Likes

The P-51 doesn’t out perform the Bf-109 at “every aspect” at high altitude, that’s false and you know it. The P-51C and D simply have speed on their side as the Bf-109 will out maneuver at every step and turn, making it where the only recourse the P-51 has is simply strafe and run. Which makes it worse when your team is dead because you have to side climb

It does outperform the Bf-109 in every way at altitude, a P-51D could run circles around a G-2 struggling to regain any energy after turning once not that you’d know since you literally have not played any other nation above rank 3 just the US
Maybe if you tried playing other nations instead of continuing to fail at playing any US plane above 3.0 you’d understand how absurdly broken quite a few US planes are the P-51H for example being the best prop ingame

Again, you’re utterly wrong, and with many other players have shown you with their own fights, you are wrong. The P-51 doesn’t turn, whatsoever, and the Bf-109 doesn’t instantly bleed speed and die.

Using the D-5 and the F-4 as they’re both 4.0:

The 109’s power to weight ratio is very impressive even up around 4700 meters as you’re producing just shy 1400 horsepower, where most combat takes place.

How much horsepower does the D-5 produce? roughly the same, a bit more. So you have a substantially lighter aircraft producing very similar horsepower. The only thing, as usual the P-51 has. Is speed, and that’s it

You’re absolutely wrong at 5km alt the P-51D will handily outperform an F4 go actually play the aircraft You’re trying to claim is superior at altitude and you’ll quickly figure out why its not, the F4 is the best 109 for its br arguably the G6 maybe and even then id rather play my D series at 5km than the F4, the engine of the F4 cant maintain the 1400hp it gets from WEP without MEC for even shorter periods and at that point you’re trading acceleration and speed for the extra energy and climb potential in the short term meanwhile the mustang has far better cooling drag than the 109 especially from the coolant radiator that also produces a slight amount of thrust

Wyvern is fine where it is.

This

All of you guys think the XP-50 and Wyvern is broken, you should try the BTD-1 out. More than twice the 20mm ammo of the XP-50, high altitude bomber airspawn, isn’t forced to bring bombs, and diving it it’s specialty. You don’t even have to climb, just advance toward bombers and kill.

Killing bombers doesn’t really make something handheld, bombers are just free SL piñatas the BTD does have good dive characteristics and decent energy retention but its still a naval bomber so any fighter even a whole BR lower with half a brain could kill it

You’d be surpsied at how many people you can catch off guard boom and zooming in that thing.

you’re literally agreeing with me. The P-51D only has high flatline speeds to work with. It doesn’t have the necessary wing area to dogfight at that altitude mixed with it’s hefty weight. Secondly, I’m not talking P-51H. I’m talking two aircraft who are at the same BR bracket.

these were done in test drive.

Bf-109 F-4 at 4600 meters
Image 2
P-51D-5 at 4700 meters
Image 4

The P-51D at 4000 meters levels off at 1400 horsepower.

The Bf-109 F-4 only begins to slightly lose horsepower at 4000 meters and it only lost 20 (it jumps between 1378-1382hp) horsepower while already at 4600 meters. This was done with MEC, and I more than likely could’ve kept the temperatures down further if I adjusted the rads to be opened more.

Already, this difference is negligible in terms of power to weight. The lighter aircraft in comparison to it’s wing span with a very similar horsepower rating is going to be superior in a dogfight, even at this altitude, to the P-51D whose main strength is going FAST.

The P-51D can’t really do anything but run. The story changes if it’s a P-47 or a P-38, whose wingspan mixed with a large amount of horsepower allows the airplanes to beat the Bf-109s in a fight at altitude, albeit would be better if even higher.