Mitsubishi F-15J

Sorry, I’m an outsider to photography, but I know that photographers can adjust the parameters to get different color effects, which may explain gaijin’s choice of photos to make F15J Kai so dark, but it doesn’t mean that it’s the real color.
QQ图片20240601151930

1 Like

Wouldn’t say its fair to judge my response from the very limited information we had before dev server :P

It still acts very similarly to how aim120a does, it also likes to wiggle around a bit and loses energy very quickly. Hard to get any kill >10km at any speed or altitude. It still needs a lot of work and the numbers still seem very off what they should be.

Does anyone have sources regarding the weight of the upcoming F-15J “Kai”?

Shouldn’t we figure out what that frankenjet “kai” is first?

(reposting this old post about F-15J and AIM-120s, wish i could help more but simply don’t have much time anymore)

"Yeah F-15Js shouldn’t really have any difficulties using AMRAAMS they should also be able to use them on the wing rail launchers since they have been seen with lau-128s

Here is a list of items they requested back in 2015. Credit to @tanuki10 for showing it to me a while back. The list shows the procurement for LAU-128 rails"
https://www.mod.go.jp/atla/souhon/pdf_choutatsuyotei/13_yuchou_r05.pdf

This site shows Mod buying the parts and launchers

And some F-15Js have been spotted with lau-128

Spoiler

4 Likes

My weapons thread also shows all the possible AIM-120s they have in stock with links to the US DoD’s DSCA for them. Japanese Weapons Master Thread

needless to say there’s no reason why the F-15J “Kai” (lol) can’t use AIM-120s and a full load of up to 8.

5 Likes

I’m searching LAU-128 info too, by a 2006 blog post looks at least at 2006 JSDF already have LAU-128
and the picture you post I see the left wing also carry a AAM-3 with LAU-128?

and I see the issue ticket acknowledged, great.

if they can make 9M as defult missle will much better. I can’t grind this jet by two 9L, even in dev server’s 5X RB is pain

the f-15j pic loadout seems to be 2 LAU-114 (carrying AAM-3) and 2 unused LAU-128

I’d say we should write bugreport about this. Just in case they will “forget” about MAW on this plane.

might be correct could be a earlier msip version as they had only 1 J/APQ-1 and older ESM

later MSIPs received an addition J/APQ-1 alongside a new new electronic jamming device

2 Likes

The exact plane they used as a base in WT also only has one, as pointed out earlier :D

4 Likes

my bad haven’t really caught up :(

2 Likes

If there is a way to get them to add them to both, just for symmetry’s sake, I’m all for it, but I doubt we can make a case to Gaijin to model something extra because “it looks better” lol.

I’m honestly waiting till the next dev server update when we get a cockpit and things before I look into that. I also hope they don’t use the orange flight suit now that we’re in the modern age.

Honestly both wing pylons looks like LAU-114

Really hard to tell due to angle lau-114 is a bit pointier at the front and 128 is more rounded. dntknw

Source of pic btw

https://x.com/gocyoufm/status/1473143679678566406?s=19
either way there’s evidence they bought the rails so they probably have them in inventory.

Would this be considered aged well, or aged poorly, with comparisons like this

What a joke

Thrust issues. Either the thrust isnt powerful enough and/or the burn time isnt long enough, so it affects specific impulse, acceleration and delta V negatively. As it stands right now, AAM-4 has same end mass, same booster force and booster time, same sustainer force and sustainer time as MICA-EM. Its just that the start mass of mica is like 112kg while AAM-4 is at 223kg. So double the weight with the same engine as mica, very clearly unfinished

If anyone has any sources on aam-4, now its the time to submit them up. Other than that, we just gotta wait for dev update.

5 Likes

From what I understand AAM-4 motor should essentially be a higher power AIM-7M motor. How much higher I am not sure, but considering AAM-4 is stated to have almost doubled the range over the AIM-7M I doubt it is an insignificant difference.

I’ve reported it to the best of my ability, but sources are lacking. I just hope Gaijin takes the available sources in mind regardless when making their final decision on AAM-4 performance.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/DrXP5HPtwz0f

5 Likes

I’m not sure if I’m misinterpreting the information, but it seems rather weird that most other ARHs get significantly more ΔV for the amount of fuel they burn. From a quick glance, it’s about 15 m/s per kg of fuel, but for the AAM-4, it’s about 6 m/s per kg of fuel. Surely that can’t be the case and is still WIP.

2 Likes