Missing Things: MH-60L DAP

Hallo there!
First I want to say how happy I am that the DAP is finally in the game.

However, there are unfortunately missing significant things that make this helicopter special.

Armament
Missing gunpods

• M230 Chain Gun 30 mm automatic cannon
  • GAU-19
  • M134 minigun
  • And M134D miniguns which are used as door guns
    (Either operated by doorgunner, or at least the locked version)

MH-60L_DAP

Other missing features

Radar
(We can already see the bump above the sighting device in which the radar is located)
So the MH-60L DAP is radar-capable.

Armor
Yes this bird has armor.

Side doors
It would be really nice if you could also open the side doors.

Thanks for listening and I would appreciate if this could be added. (At least the armament and maybe with a BR-change)

17 Likes

Speaking of missing features on the MH-60L DAP:

Spoiler

160th SOAR MH-60L DAP with 4x ATAS, 1x M230 30mm chain gun, 4x AGM-114 Hellfire rails AND 2x M134 miniguns (door mounted):

160th SOAR MH-60L DAP with 38x Hydra-70 unguided rockets on stub wings and 2x M134 door mounted miniguns (presuming symmetrical setup):

160th SOAR MH-60L DAP with 19x Hydra-70 rockets, 1x M230 30mm chain gun, and 2x M134 door mounted miniguns:

Closeup of MH-60L DAP with door mounted M134 miniguns:

Never mind the fact the MAWS just don’t work…

4 Likes

Exactly! And thanks!
I already made a suggestion about the DAP, the suggestion was aproved but was then send into some archive. All those things which are missing, where also in this suggestion… even the most points you mentioned…

They already know this and are working on it, the things they intended to add had some bugs that they need to fix first. at least the armament.

Edit:

1 Like

Isn’t that a terrain radar?

It’s a terrain + weather radar but since we don’t have that capability it is only going to be useful for picking up ground targets similar to the Longbow, Ka-52, or Kopyo-25 radar on the Su-39.

2 Likes

Ah okay, nice!

Yes, just like that!

I really really hope the door gunners will get AI targeting like gunners on bombers, it would be a very unique thing for US helis (would also love to see them on the Hueys!) seeing as though IMO, they are the blandest heli tree in game. Also I’m not sure whether the MH-60L DAP got AGM-114Ls but I’ve noticed an influx of FnF weapons coming to helicopters so it would be nice for the US to have something different and actually useable in the age of pantsirs/tors/so on and so forth.

2 Likes

I’m 99% sure the AH-64D was the only aircraft that could carry the Longbow (Hence the name).

So at least the AH-64D can get them, that’s alright, it’s just that all the US helicopters have pretty much the exact same loadout, it’s pretty damn bland and uninteresting, not to mention that hellfires are pretty unreliable and leave you exposed for way too long… unless they implement buddy lasing, I won’t really use helicopters outside of heli PvE or doing anti aircraft things lol

I just realised we don’t have the HIRSS modification either lmao, this helicopter has a shorter list of what it has than what it doesn’t and is supposed to xD

1 Like

HIRSS is mounted on the helicopter by default. You can just look at the exhaust and see it’s different from the non HIRSS configuration.

No HIRSS example (UH-60A):

Spoiler

There is another variant of the HIRSS configuraiton, one where the exhaust is pointed upwards, but to my knowlegde that is only for the latest variatns, so the Ms, what we have is a L variant.

This goes for a lot of non Russian helcopters, which have HIRSS by default while some Russian ones don’t have it stock and need a HIRSS mod (which updates the visual model).

I only know that the DAP has a ground radar, so I don’t actually know for shure but I would say it COULD carry AGM-114Ls. But at least I hope for the gunpods and yeah maybe doorgunners. And I know that some AH-64 variants (I think it was the AH-64A) have been tested with spike missiles. So If the AGM-114Ls are too powerful ATM, they could at least give us these. (IMO) :D

Regarding the Hellfire-L’s, theres 3 reasons why I dont think they should ever be added in-game tbh;

1. They are MMWR seekers instead of IIR like the PARS 3 LR and Spike ER, this means smoke has no effect on them (this could be rectified by just making them IIR for balance purposes but then ppl will complain about that a ton)
  2. The AH-64D carries 16xAGM-114’s, all helis with F&F missiles in-game atm only carry 8 (though the UHT CAN carry 12, gaijin has refused adding that loadout option). Doubling the number of F&F missiles per load is a massive jump in capabilities and would single handedly obliterate ground teams. Its just bad game design imo.
  3. The AH-64D is a better helicopter than the Tigers and A129D. Particularly the UHT, which literally only got F&F because the helicopter is otherwise atrocious as it doesnt even have a chin gun and has to rely on the garbage ATAS for air defense, which makes it incredibly easy to kill. I was already surprised France and Italy got Spike equipped versions of their helis seeing as the Spike is better in basically every way compared to the PARS 3 in-game, and both those helis have better air to air missiles (Mistral ATAM) and a chin gun, the AH-64 has all that and better avionics as well along with the previously mentionned16x ATGM’s instead of 8x

I mean they can just limit agm114L to 8 max and make them not go through smoke like you said I really don’t see the issue with them being added if they did that. Considering how bad of a state the AH64Ds are right now they should give agm114L to them.

1 Like

I think that just opens a whole new can of worms though with the community complaining about “incorrect modelling” and likely a lot of classified leaks. It could also lead to the brits getting Brimstones, which is their (better) version of hellfire’s, as it has a 12km range instead of the longbow hellfires 8km which is an even bigger issue.

The other thing to consider is that F&F ATGM’s are specifically usefull vs SPAA and other helis, so limiting to 8xAGM-114L while allowing them to carry another 8xAGM-114K (for example) wouldnt actually nerf its effectivness, you’d just need to choose which missile to use with which target. Limiting the AH-64D to only 8 ATGM’s if they carry hellfires would also lead to more complaints.

I think the best next step for the AH-64D’s is to give it the AN/APR-48 detailed here, allowing it to always know exactly where SPAA are if they have their radar on, preventing them from having to risk themselves out in the open while searching for enemy SPAA visually, and would therefore also lead to SPAA shutting off their radar (and therefore reducing their own information available) to avoid this feature.

Kind of off topic from the MH-60L tho at this point lol

I believe the limit would be dual mounts instead of quad mounts, so if you wanted Ks then you’d only have 4 Ls which seems like a decent trade off if you want more total hellfires, tbf idc if they model them as IIR instead of MMW or at the very least keep MMW but have pieces of “chaff” in with the smokes.

1 Like

and to get back on topic, I reckon it could be good to introduce buddy lasing, that way you can use your hellfire equipped heli (of which there are plenty for many nations) without getting blown out of the sky waiting for the missile to reach it’s target. (I have no idea why all the Apaches are 11.3 and up when the KA-50 is still 11.0 and outranges most of the SPAA it faces, and with the cap of 12.3, it gets downtiered a lot)

1 Like

Buddy lasing would be fantastic, you could fire hellfires from behind cover while a jet in your squad lases the target

1 Like