Missing Things: MH-60L DAP

No other vehicle in War Thunder outside the premium A-10A has empty pylons where weapons that exist on the loadouts cannot be equipped.

@MythicPi You mean Brimstone? That project was cancelled, Apaches can’t fire them.

Didn’t mean it didn’t progress to test firings.

Brimstone II’s were replaced by the AGM-179 JAGM, which are very similar in capability. With a SALH / MMW combination seeker, and the production motor in place of the interim (remanufactured) motor the missiles have similar range. let alone the JAGM-MR wich has a range of 16km and further an added IIR channel to the seeker.

There have been for short periods of time;

• The F-4J for example could only carry 4x AIM-7’s instead of the six it should have, 10x missiles ( 4x AIM9 + 4x AIM-7 + 2x AIM-7) due to a bug.

• Various Skyraider derivatives had their bomb loadings improperly modeled (the spacing was wrong due to using other variant’s SAC)

• AGR-20 (APKWS II) launchers are limited to the 7x round rocket pods in place of the larger 19x pods across all aircraft that can carry them, for mysterious reasons. It doesn’t help that the HEAT / APAM warheads which would be most useful against armored targets are inexplicably and completely missing.

2 Likes

And AGM-114L is missing as it should, so we have 114B & K instead.

Well, my original topic was about the things that are missing on the MH-60L DAP… XD

Reported

It’s not A2G radar, navigation radar is not implemented in the game.

Will be fixed

Will be fixed

1 Like

That’s really great to hear! (Or read ^^)

Thank you very much! :)

You guys forgot the most missing thing of all. Per the devblog:
“The Black Hawk is an American utility helicopter-”
I don’t even care about the rest. Why is it ingame an Attack Helicopter and not a Utility Helicopter like the Hueys that come before it?
Why is the Bo105 a Utility helicopter, and the Mi-8s are not?
The Lynxes are Utility helicopters.

It matters for SP!

4 Likes

The Lynx’s and Bo 105’s I can get, they are after all utility helicopters. Are the Mi-8’s attack helicopters? But yeah then the MH-60 should be a utility helicopter.

Any vehicle with the ability to dump a GPS target from a targeting optic to the 114 can fire a 114L, the only difference is that the missile flies to an area and then goes pitbull, choosing a target by it’s own volition. The Longbow FCR by comparison causes the 114L to be assigned a specific target prior to launch or while in flight by the radar’s own selection, without having the missile itself choose.

This means the DAP, AH-6 or any US helicopter with the proper optics can deploy the 114L without issue.

2 Likes

if they would make proper EC maps i dont think it would matter much

Ingame, they’re attack helicopters for some reason. They really shouldn’t be. Their huge size and poor maneuverability are big sacrifices for being a utility helicopter, so they should get the separate classification.

This isn’t accurate. For one example, the AH-1Z can carry a radar pod and use that for AGM-114Ls. A better question is whether the MH-60 DAP could also carry a radar pod.

1 Like

Alright then.

Even without the ability to have said pod, both the 1Z and DAP can still deploy the missiles.

I couldn’t remember if they had a GPS system or not but you are correct

Good video describing how it functions without the longbow.

The general gist is,

Find a target

Lase it until the FCS generates a firing solution and the “Target Data ?” indicator is removed

Fire

The missile will fly where needed and engage whatever it’s radar deems the target.

3 Likes

Does anybody know if the MH-60L DAP is missing ATAS (AIM-92) Missiles for defence like the other US helicopters at the same tier (such as the AH-64D)? One of the major drawbacks other than the missing gun armament is the lack of air to air defence when it comes to incoming aircraft in ground rb.

No I think it has stingers

1 Like

Nvm it does have them ingame but not on the external area of the racks so you lose hellfires which is abit annoying.

some also have been given a longbow radar on one of the stub wings

3 Likes