Map design.. Why devs are doing this?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Someone needs to create a cringe of WT topic and post this thread in it. Wow. This is prime try hard war thunder at its finest. Full of dude who’ve never seen combat calling each other liars missing blatant sarcasm…….

I’m talking specifically of this image which went everywhere on the various platforms…

QQ截图20240831024820

The fact that people have made edits and exagerated the issue have riled up a lot of people.

And this transposes to the post above…

What’s combat even got to do with this?

3 Likes

I think player are fed up with constantly shrinking maps, and those edits just represents such frustrations.
But feel free to disagree

2 Likes

People making memes to point out the constantly recurring problem?

Who would have guessed. If only there was a solution that would solve the issue of some players preffering bigger and some smaller maps… if only.

It’s not that though, it’s the misrepresentation and exageration of things to make the issue and ignore the points raised.

1 Like

So you are saying that all those 3.6k people did not understand simple description Bridges destroyed north part of a map inaccessible and voted based on that picture which appeared there quite later ?
That all those people are stupid ?

2 Likes

Didn’t say that at all, I’m more pointing to the narrative that some carry on, whilst passing this out and egging on the outrage as being manipulative, and by extension, extortionary towards gaijin.

1 Like

Berlin, Breslau, Advance to the Rhine are very good maps that Gaijin’s map designers should continue to orientate themselves on. Historical places where you get a War Thunder feeling and not feel like you’re in Duckburg.

Debatable on the first 2, but Rhine is the best designed map ingame. It only gets hate from players who think small=bad, and players that don’t know how to play it.

It allows for tons of movement, but it isn’t open.

2 Likes

My strongest memory of Rhine is M5A1 16 frag match, and Abrams absolutely decimating my Type 90 and my team’s T-series tanks.

Berlin is ass, Breslau is just Rhine but big same with Sweden and Rhine is giga-ass: blind corner streetfighting + soundwhore fest, same issues as Seversk, Ardennes, Eastern Europe small, 40% of Normandy and Aral Sea.

Best Map is Maginot and any other answer is objectively wrong, I will accept Sinai (either version) as a runner up

2 Likes

Learn to play it. It has a ton of cover, which allows you to move all around the map if you aren’t deaf.

It has good flanking, good brawling, most tanks can be effective on it, and it rewards movement.

I wouldn’t call it the best, but that’s fair. The smaller version of fulda is also pretty good too.

2 Likes

mb, sub 7.3 Rhine is decent

Breslau is still horrible though

1 Like

lol People false-flagged my post cause I’m criticizing the changes on Eastern Europe.
Thanks for the proof that we’re correct.

1 Like

Single spark ignites the forest fire only if there is a drought for a long time.

And Gaijin is making drought in many ways for a long time. Map shrinking is just one of them.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Many of those who consider themselves the spark are just main charactering it and being deaf about the true solutions.

It’s so obvious all the time.

If you have such ideas for maps, then break out the CDK and make one suitable for the game.

1 Like

Ok father Fouras… this change was solution to what exactly ?

My idea is not to shrink playable area… I don’t need CDK for it…
There has been dozens of proposals related to maps, some of them really simple and really good, which would fix many issue and improve the game play considerably, but did Gaijin ever truly listened to the community ?

Don’t try label me, then go off in a tangent about how upset you are that things aren’t done in your manner…

Go grab the CDK, and make a map.