As i play now every day 1 or 2 matches on this map and i see basic mistakes on both sides, I would like to give some advice for players not familiar with this map.
- Air Spawn for all planes
- Ground targets are “invisible” from altitude (enemy and friendly)
- Ground units of Japanese team - Grid E 4
- Ground units of US/GB team - north and south of border Grid F 4 and E 4
- The ships on this map seems to have upgraded damage models
- Only visible ground targets for US/GB team from alt: 3 JP carriers
- Visible ground targets for JP team from alt: None
- Contrail alt: Much higher than the usual 5.400 meters
- 3x6 vehicle spawn late game like on Sicily
- Map is extremely large, engine damage often fatal
Main mistakes i see from Japanese teams:
- Bombers can’t find any bases and are unaware of enemy air spawn
- Instead of climbing they fly straight to the enemy or try to attack ships
- Enemy air spawn make them easy prey if enemies are climbing
- JP fighters are not climbing enough and dive on first enemy
- JP fighters get baited to chase Wyverns
Main mistakes i see from US/GB teams:
- Bombers attack carrier fleet as they can’t see any other targets
- Bombers don’t climb enough and got ez prey due to air spawn
- Fighters are not climbing enough
- Fighters follow bombers in highly effective af aaa
- Fighters try to kill ships and even carriers with 0.50 cals
- Bombers on both sides often refuse to spawn or crash on purpose as either they see no (JP) or just almost unkillable targets (Carriers for US/GB).
- Fighters often refuse to climb enough and underestimate the very long way back to airfield in case of engine/cooler damages.
- Almost all players show no patience and are not using the large size of the map to their advantage.
Hope this helps some of you!
Edit: Contrail alt is about 6.400 meters, no ai planes