Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 5)

do you mean this things?

this is a communication satellite module. that is.

Why two?

It’s definitely a PD radar imo like @Morvran first suggested. Which will use a high PRF because these frequencies measure velocity & closer rate the best. Missiles fly at you in a very fast closer rate. PD radar can detect IR & radar guided munitions.

It’s a MAW & there are two of them to provide full 360 coverage. How they scan or possibly not at all is the next question & for another topic.

It could be anything.

Could be PD-MAWS, could datalink antenna, could be satcom.

Who knows what it could be (heck could be multiple things)

if it MAW then give me a like to prove it. i remember that i was asking this in the forum but all we got is this is a Communication module for communicate with anything. Datalink, Fire-n-Forget, control the missile than fire and be control like a drone to hit the target ( i forget the name )

Its definitely not a satcom. The Israelis can design a satcom transmit & receiver in one application & it makes no sense they would be in two different locations.

Additionally what is the Satcom for? Orbital strikes?

Secure communications

For what application? That is not secure already? You are talking to someone who worked for Cisco at one point.

Additionally, they can be terrain following radars for night time operations just like regular civillian boats use to avoid land & other ships in autopilot etc.

I am strongly inclined to believe that they are little radars.

is there any talks about adding more modern SPAA to more trees (i.e SPYDER AIO or any other modern spaa) that are equivalent/similar to the pantsir s1?

I agree, I think they are radars, but there are uses for Satcom, even when you already have additional radios.

Work at cisco? is they help with military thing too? if that, you will already know that it’s not enough.

Israel make their own secure communication for their own use. SATCOM is a thing too.

From what i remember trying to find what is the half balls on the wing are. we found out that it is just a SATCOM. the model is that big and need two because one is a receiver and one is transmitter.

How else do you expect them to control the Jewish space lasers?

4 Likes

I’m trying to find that forum but i think it not be found to day.

1 Like

Yeah, true. But for what application would these in particularly need over any other helos employed in the armed forces of Israel?

It’s not an operational command post to coordinate strategic operations. It’s an attack helicopter.

Appreciate it.

More and more platforms are beginning to act as datahuns though

1 Like

found it
but not the forum

8 Likes

I did not quite understand you. Cisco has contract with the US armed forces in telecommunications applications. In particular I worked in Voice Over IP in the private sector.

Elta makes radars btw & warning receivers.

so what? it said a SATCOM not radar

also Elta is upgrade the Israel’s ah-64 too

that

is for MAW

What I am saying that book is not a primary source. It is a secondary source. They can be wrong.

I am looking up the exact model type. It still makes zero technological sense there is two of them on each pylon wing.

Unless you wrote the book there is no need to be offended that I have a high personal standard for fact & burden of proof.

Its literally a paragraph a page picture book. Do you understand this? I appreciate the point in the right direction as well.

the book

the name of the satcom from “ELTA”

as i said one for reviver and one is transmitter

1 Like