Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 5)

Its usually around an hour - an hour and a half

2 Likes

I thought it was quick last update. Last Winter update was pretty long since it was so large.

I usually give it an hour & half to not give myself hopes & keep checking. The longest part is clearing the server to go live again which depends on the engineers to determine.

I do not think this update is large & too complex to go live & will be that long at all. The developers tackled the game efficiency portion of it, which implementing ARH was probably a headache to balance out with lower BRs etc. (which is why they had to run a test run previous update first & need a really long devserver this time around).

The difficult part is out of the way. All the vehicles were modelled with a moderate degree of copy paste as well. I say server will be up in within the hour of enabling download or instantly upon download.

1 Like

It could be some form of PD-Radar MAWS like the Harrier Gr7/9 have. Instead of looking for the IR/UV signature of the missile. It detects a fast approaching object like a missile.

but it could be anything.

1 Like

Yeah, it does looks like a little maritime PD radar, like those used in regular sailboats & others etc. Actually, helped my friend install one on his boom a while back.

But the AH-64D-I has a big radar on the top. So, I am still confused.

From a quick google. Its something to do with the spikes.

Datalink Antennas for them or something.

American one with something similar:

I don’t know for certain what those bulbs are, but I guess they’re either RF datalink guidance systems for the Spike ER and Spike NLOS anti-tank missiles, or a satcom datalink system, or PAU sensors of the self-protection/signal gathering suite. - Reddit

2 Likes

I don’t know that.

fNGlMg

2 Likes

So you think the Israeli AH-64D-I conducts maritime operations as well & perhaps that is what those radomes promote? That is actually not a bad idea.

Good ol’ Monty Python.

3 Likes

I have no idea. but something to do with the spikes makes sense

It’s in the link you provided… lol

But I dont know if that is what Israel uses those domes for. I gather it just as useful for nailing tanks at long range

1 Like

That is what the AH-64 is known to do with or without the Spike.

Yeah, so if they are Datalink antennas that allow the spikes to receive information from the main radome to help guide them onto target. Would make sense.

1 Like

Or you could say…

Dont let it hare that

I actually do not think so anymore because the Battle Hawk does not have these radomes…

I guess we will never know.

It can be a MAW sensor. There are more ways to detect missiles than just with IR cameras. Those in particular look like radomes to me, for a radar based MAW

They are radomes. The very definition of the word.

Which makes @Morvran initial theory correct if there is a PD radar in it. Leaving the primary radar atop for targeting.

That’s literally what I just said

Yeah but we already moved beyond that. We know they are radomes & discussed it.

Thank you, though. :)

Enjoy the update!