Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

you surely tried that

I’ve never been to one, actually.

then how do you know?

Intimate second hand knowledge.

we’ve been together since i was 16, I’m now 43, she’s not even a PC gamer, she’s a console peasant lol
but i love her none the less, wouldn’t change anything.

She lets me do my WT Events and we spend plenty of time with each other and we have our own hobbies, so its perfect.

I’ve always been a PC player since i was 5 years old ^^

5 Likes

i really would like to know why you would think that.
thrust vectoring close range missile that can hit targets behind the plane, IRCCM, and all other gadgets. how is it bad?

My friends from high school are married and they have a game room with his PC at a desk next to hers. Half the room is all decorated with pink lights etc. like a streamer’s room. It’s a younger generational thing. More couples are becoming more like this in recent years. Especially since COVID-19.

1 Like

He didn’t say that it’s bad.

i am well aware there are major differences between Cold Waters and other submarine games and what they will likley be in WT. I DONT CARE. i whould love to play them. no matter how gaijin decides to implement them. and i think they would be a good breakup from the boring ass BB meta there is now.

1 Like

Anton, are you watching us ?

6 Likes

You do know the 9x is basically a 9m with the same seaker as the ASRAAM? America prefers using ARH missiles and only uses the 9x because of how stupidly big their air force is lol. its relatively cheap, alot of planes can mount aim 9s so it expands the export market, they are re using old assets and poorer countries can actually afford to buy them. comparing a 9x to something like an ASRAAM, I RST, MICA IR is just unfair to the missile. I have no clue about more modern russian missiles so im not sure about them.

2 Likes

what is the name of the new map guys? I want to make a custom

9X is a fully redeveloped missile that has only the name in common with all other sidewinders

AiM-9X

th-1275826744

AiM-9Li

th-3894625498

AiM-9B

th-1728078418

in previous sidewinder generations you could swap seeker head and motor out to for example upgrade your 9J to 9P-5 or 9B to 9E, the 9X isn’t able to do thus

It has those abilitys yes.
But all the other nations do those as well but better.
American missles are cheaper for on mass production so that they can equip their whole fleet.
The other comparable missles are on smaller mass. But are made to be more effective.
Thats the easy explanation.
The same stands for the fox 3 missles the Aim 120 is on the worse side of all fox 3 missles.
Thats why america is replacing it with the Aim 260 now, but still gotta finish development and first come into production

I mean I know I harp on about it but if you miss with two R-73s that does not tend to bode well

Not as much as i was making it out to be, but their are simply limitations that come from using a 9l frame that cant be worked around. Its still an amazing missile but its just unfair comparing it to missiles like the ASRAAM and I-RIST as the americans prefer using ARH, and simply not entering the BVR. Instead just slinging ARH while invisible.

yes, the 9X uses the same warhead and Proximity fuse as the 9M

motor is heavily modified and nothing else is similar, it is a different missile

Why are we talking about AIM-9X tho?

I have no Idea

IIRC the motor just has a TVC unit bolted to the end. Not really “heavily modified”.