Major Update "Firebirds" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

Hey. This was a historical change. In the video you posted its the same position as in your screenshot below. It looks different due to the alignment of the hull you have in your screenshot. But if you factor the angle of the tank turret in the clip, its the same position. It rises just after the halfway point towards the engine deck.

8 Likes

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

At least F-16C and F-15C feel the same to me! I think the new effects make them feel more dynamic, so you may be under that impression because of that, hahah.

uh

1 Like

Mk. I eyball my dude and team failure. Nobody bombs my team in GRB. If an enemy plane slips trough because I failed to intercept and my teammate dies because of that, I take full responsibility for failing at CAP.

So it doesn´t matter if a bomb from nowhere or a bomb from a biplane killed you. Your team failed to intercept.

Well I will personally play it and spade it in ASB, but I feel bad for anyone taking it out in ARB.

At this BR without CM´s you won´t get nowhere near the AO. This plane could work in GRB at this BR, if the contrails didn´t start at 5500m on every map and you could fly at 10km alt without 2 dinnerbells trailing behind you.

Hello there, thank you for your unexpected but appreciated response!

I’ll take your word for it; if this really is a historical change, then it’s fine by me.

EDIT: I double-checked the video and you are indeed right about the perspective matter. My bad, then! I take it all back, xD.

Just to add, some Leopards already had this in game. This was correcting the rest that did not too.

2 Likes

At 10.0 CAP is extremely rare from my experience, most SAMs wont be able to lock it right away and the regular SPAAs won’t be able to deal with it either.
The strategy with that thing is going to be the same as with the AMX and A-6, just climb to space, drop your bombs and rearm. If there are enemy planes up, well, don’t spawn an unarmed plane, I guess.

Noted! On an unrelated but lighthearted note, what is it that you are looking for the most so far? That would be the new graphics and visual updates for me!

I guess we will have to see after we get the update. o7

1 Like

Tornado GR.4 and Scimitar for me. Both are very cool to finally see realised in the game :)

I have some fond memories of the Tornado GR.4.

1 Like

Scimitar! finally my precious
Mm that reminds me I need to move my Scimitar “shrine”

3 Likes

Real funny thing to say after actual footage of this limitation

Really not looking forward to the Scimitar, I absolutely despise autocannon tanks

Very nice! :D o7

Since this will make playing them quite annoying, are there any plans to let the gun depress fully when the stabiliser is turned off?

Big oof. Well if they want to play realism then soviet tanks, namely T-72, should recieve nerf to stabilisers working only up to 25kmh. Just for starters. I am sure the community could dig up some more real nasty realism check on them USSR vehicles.

And what about this historical change that got rejected Community Bug Reporting System
I am done of devs choosing what historical changes that should be implemented and what shouldn’t it’s seems they only implement “historical changes” when it’s fitting to their narratives or when it’s a nerf to make players enjoy the game less and don’t care about what actually historically accurate

3 Likes

If thats a historical feature, please report it and we can pass it as a suggestion.

For bad shots: can bulkheads be seen?

With low penetration rounds, one of the guns will survive

3 Likes