Major Update 'Alpha Strike" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

None of the weaponry asked for in the post I was responding too is in game for any nation yet. So it has nothing to do with the Tornado not being “done”.

We simply do not have those types of weapons (Anti-Radiation, Cluster, Cruise etc) in game on any aircraft. That was pretty self explanatory before the question was even asked.

4 Likes

It uses electro-optical guidance (TV guided)

But whar about ground Radar

I know. Though its about time those were worked on. Anyway. Im talking about maybe finishing the Flight model and finally add some semblance of its radar. Alongside its missing defensive systems like the Missing Chaff and BOL.

Let me go search in details, but afaik no, those are flare/chaff launcher.

(take it with graint of salt, probably gonna edit that soon)

Hello Smin, i remade the report about the ASPRO and STANAG, can you take a look at it?

Apart from written materials stating it and a few airshow images showing it laid out next to it, there is a lack of evidence to show it was mounted / tested. If that changes, then it may be reconsidered. But right now there is nothing solid at all.

4 Likes

I don’t think anything can be done to really “fix” Tornado. They were introduced years too late and just generally suck ass.

They dont need to though.

The FM is missing leading edge wing slats (that can be found on the Mig-23MLD). This would increase the turn rate by 60% at low speeds and 5-10% at high speeds.

The radar is misisng both ground modes and even an air to air mode I believe

IR AAMs could be upgraded

BOZ pods are missing 600 chaff each

Sky Shadow ECM pods

Better A2G loadout options (which arent currently in game, but could be and should be added)

There is plenty to buff the Tornados

1 Like

This is already on the road map. Once again, this is not a Tornado specific matter, but a game limitation.

The flight model is tuned as close as it can be given the game limitations. As has already been explained, there is a technical limitation that prevents any further tuning of certain operations with swing wing / slatted aircraft currently. The differences in performance would also have no significant gameplay impact, as confirmed already for some time.

2 Likes

Just the ground Radar

Except bug reports that contradict that statement but wont be acted upon due to the placeholder nature of the FM. And I beleive they would. Wont be winning dogfights, but might actually survive an IR missile being fired at it.

Guys, im not sure why this is going down the Tornado route once again. There are topics open to discuss the aircraft without constantly needing to derail this one. Questions have been answered, but its not an invitation to start a personal debate here.

Its the same individuals derailing the topic. Warnings will not be issued again, the next step will be suspensions.

8 Likes

Your welcome to your own personal opinions, but its quite enough off topic here.

5 Likes

Ok on topic

When is the update coming out

1 Like

Tuesday probably.

1 Like

Now we see if their is any surprises

1 Like

Will be interesting to see what the CR2 looks like on Live. I wonder if they’ve actually looked at the bug reports or not for it

I hope this means this update

Ok :

Those things you put red circle around are just chaffs.

Mirage 2000s MAWS are not integrated into the plane, they are added/removed (unlike Rafales where MAWS are totally integrated to the plane), and so they are not visually here for now in WT.

Résumé

3 Likes