M735 is no longer an acceptable round at 9.0 and 9.3

Gen 2 vs gen 3 isn’t that big of a deal, but no thermals vs gen1 or especially gen2 is a huge difference on some maps, especially with foggy weather.

Yeah, Japan has some weird holes that definitely need to be filled out.

It’s a shame it doesn’t get any in-between shell to help it out without BR increase.
Seems like Type 16 P is yet another vehicle struggling with the compression, but I’m afraid not much can be done there unless Gaijin finally increase ground BR to 12.3 or 12.7.

In other words, go f- yourself, because f- minor nations as they cannot be milked hard enough to care about when there’s mayor nations to milked.

Time and time again they have proven to not ignore, neglect and hurt minor nations, sick and tired of this useless company.

5 Likes

Just put it 0.3 lower to match it with type 74 E and F.

3 Likes

Very true, but as it seems we can’t do much about this. Gaijin obviously cares less about minor nations considering they surely create less profits, and forcing them to put more effort to get less money is a very hard thing to do for anyone.

Then 8.0 vehicles will get yet another 9.0 vehicle that’ll absolutely stomp them. It might seem like a solution for Type 16, but “fixing” it might “break” many other vehicles down the line.

3 Likes

Very true, but as it seems we can’t do much about this. Gaijin obviously cares less about minor nations considering they surely create less profits, and forcing them to put more effort to get less money is a very hard thing to do for anyone.

It’s the exact opposite in the end, their lack of effort is costing them money, and less profits is because they neglected it.

A6M5 Ko being at 5.3 now, the Ki-87, a literal prop plane can face a Mig-21, R2Y2 losing the airspawn and going from 6.7 to 8.0 somehow, the Ho-Ri getting nerfed from having -40 reverse speed and going up in BR.
Type 89 getting absolutely butchered and going up in BR, RCV with 90mm of pen, no stab, no thermal, no rangefinder… could also just play things like the SPAA Lvkv 42 at 4.3 with similar pen, now the Type 16, FPS getting nerfed alongside the M735 nerf, no CAS options, their premium is still a Sabre at 9.0 with 2 bombs, RCV P is also stupid at 7.7 which is just a worse Wiesel, giant BR gaps, pointless vehicles without lineups etc.

You can’t just make playing a nation a miserable experience and then complain about it not being popular or profitable enough.

Then 8.0 vehicles will get yet another 9.0 vehicle that’ll absolutely stomp them. It might seem like a solution for Type 16, but “fixing” it might “break” many other vehicles down the line.

What 8.0 vehicles? There aren’t even that many, US and Russia don’t play 8.0 to begin with so it’s just a few minor nations at best, and again the Type 16 adds literally nothing new, and not like fighting an Object 279 is fun for them or the plethora of wheeled vehicles they already face.

Look at how they butchered the Leopard.

Type 16 isn’t the issue, BR compression is, and in this case I think allowing Japan to actually be played is more important than preventing a bad BR from continuing to be bad.

2 Likes

Dont think so. Type 16 P isnt that great, specially with m735. Too big, too vulnerable, with really mediocre round, while having great situational awarness and decent mobility.

2 Likes

Yeah but catering to major nations is basically catering to the bigger market.
Of course, they’ll screw some minor nations in the process, but placing popular things in comfortable spots will in the end make them more profit.

As I said, they still offer premiums for minor nations, but those surely aren’t a priority to balance since they aren’t the primary money makers. If something needs to get screwed, it’s gonna be minor nations.

Russia has some 8.0 tanks and Germany’s 8.0 lineup is pretty strong. It’s far from a dead BR.

You main logic is: “they already have miserable experience, so why not make it even worse for them, who cares”, which is far from best.

Leopard got butchered ?

M735 doesn’t care about 8.0 armor, it’ll go straight through everything. Great thermals and decent mobility with okay reload speed add to the mix. That thing would curb stomp 8.0s on any medium/long range map and it won’t be fun.

Thats what happened when the Type 16 FPS was first released. Facing it in centurions was not fun at all.

Just give it a better round and move it up, 9.0 does not need another very fast light tank with a decent gun.

M735 sucks, but it isn’t that bad.

Solution for Type-16FPS is simple, just add Type-93 shell and put it to 9.7 just like regular one, there is no difference between FPS and normal Type-16 aside from firepower at this point.

Yeah but catering to major nations is basically catering to the bigger market.

And they will ensure it remains the bigger market as they don’t diversify.

As I said, they still offer premiums for minor nations

Seemingly as bait for the major nations.

Russia has some 8.0 tanks and Germany’s 8.0 lineup is pretty strong. It’s far from a dead BR.

Like 2 optional T-54s no one is going to get or an optional 906 as far as I can recall.

You main logic is: “they already have miserable experience, so why not make it even worse for them, who cares” , which is far from best.

The logic is that practically nothing changes at a pretty empty BR whilst making potentially massive improvements to an entire nation, pros and cons.
And regardless from what the experience is like, something that has never been considered by Gaijin, performance wise the Type 16s are bad enough to be at 9.0.

The Type 16 at 9.7 used to be 9.0 not that long ago and the others were 8.7, so it’s not like 9.0 is something crazy.

Leopard got butchered ?

Considering a negative k/d and a winrate in the 30s, yes.

Isn’t that normal for premiums?

It’s a tank that requires map knowledge to play well, which new players lack.

What premium? A Leopard 1.

And generally premiums outperform their TT vehicles anyways.

US/GER/USSR will always be a bigger market than Japan, unless of course they switch it up drastically and start introducing waifus and whatnot to the game. Until then, Japan’s chances of going even close to those big three are close to zero.

They want their customers to be happy, and considering most of those are playing major nations I guess they will be bait, yeah.

Someone might enjoy playing those, so catering only to the more popular options isn’t really fair.

It changes, 8.0 games will get even worse if Type 16 went down to 9.0, which doesn’t look as something players back down would like to see.

Leopard I certainly isn’t the worst 8.0 MBT so I believe TS might be wrong on that one.

Someone might enjoy playing those, so catering only to the more popular options isn’t really fair.

Catering to the less popular options makes even less sense.

It changes, 8.0 games will get even worse if Type 16 went down to 9.0, which doesn’t look as something players back down would like to see.

The very few people that are there, but it’s just a performance based thing anyways, compression isn’t going to go away.

Leopard I certainly isn’t the worst 8.0 MBT so I believe TS might be wrong on that one.

Why would it be? It’s never been good, it struggled enough at 7.3 and putting it at 8.0 surely wasn’t going to improve it.

Just like quite many rounds from there. M735 literaly worse, than 3BM25.

So many people missing the bottom line that M735 should just be buffed to historical standards, instead of balance changes being made around the statistics for a round that Gaijin themselves said was mistakenly changed based off an inferior experimental version of it…

…Then again, it’s quite silly that Gaijin have let M735 fester for so long with the stats of XM735 when they changed it in a flash the second someone posted “documents”… It’s almost like they have some sort of bias…

2 Likes

It’s so blatant how easily they nerf NATO and how difficult it is to get it reverted.

5 Likes

The fact someone misinterpreted a source and they still nerfed it is bad enough.

The fact it’s been recognised as a mistake and not reverted is disgraceful.

If I could give another negative review I would.

9 Likes

Shouldn’t it be a priority to fix that?

1 Like

This is your answer. Japan isn’t really popular by any means, so Gaijin is happy to screw them over in favor of nations that are much more popular. Pleasing the masses is obviously the name of their game.

Those are still people that should have fair experience.

Well, BMP-2M also has criminally low stats according to TS, but I wouldn’t call it to be a butchered vehicle by any means. Before you jump on me with “that’s a buyable vehicle with many noobs playing it” argument, several other premiums at around that BR exist and they have much higher stats.

Leopard I is surely a decent vehicle at 8.0 and stating that it struggled at 7.3 is actually beyond me. One of the most common complaint about it is the fact it’s going against stabilized tanks with darts and whatnot, but that also applies to many other 8.0s, not just Leo I.