M26 pershing at 6.7

i have a question as to why the regular m26 is at 6.7 next to the king tiger.

the m26 stands no chance against a king tiger unless it is flanking which is basically impossible because of how slow it is. and the super and jumbo pershings are somehow at the same br as the regular m26 despite both of them being superior.

the m26 is better than the tiger but equal to the panther, it would make more sense to have the m26 at 6.3, moving the m26 to 6.7 basically makes it useless and unplayable because the superior pershings are at 6.7 already

10 Likes

No idea why the regular M26 sits at 6.7 whilst the E5 and E-1 also sit at 6.7, for a medium the M26’s mobility is sub-par, which forces you to play as a quasi-heavy, just without any of the advantages.

The regular M26 could get HEAT, like the Japanese STA series.

5 Likes

I think decompression could solve this problem easily. I also find it very strange that they are all at 6.7. I mean, there’s what? 5 m26’s at 6.7 rn? That’s a full line up right there. And it’s not like they aren’t good either, I mean, yes they don’t have much armor, but there guns are nice and they have decent mobility. I think if ground battles was decompressed the E1-1 and E1 could go up to possibly 7.0 and everything else stay at 6.7.

Also @Sweedish_Gunner did the M26’s fire HEAT irl? If they did, I’d support them getting it

4 Likes

Give it HEAT and move it to 7.7 then. I dont want another HEAT slinger against WWII tanks.

2 Likes

But it was a WW2 tank… And it’s not like HEAT wasn’t used then either…

1 Like

HEATFS defo wasnt used on Pershing during WWII. If anything then in Korea when alongside M46

1 Like

HEAT doesn’t mean HEATFS… There are plenty of tanks that fire HEAT and not HEATFS…

Yes,but then the HEATs dont really pen more than regular rounds of the tank. And i assume you meant HEATFS and not HEAT. Kinda my brain sees HEAT and means HEATFS,especially since M46 have them.

No, I meant just HEAT, because that’s what @Sweedish_Gunner said. It might be HEATFS, but as far as I know rn, it’s just HEAT. I also don’t even know if it had it historically.

Also, why are you so against HEAT slingers fighting WW2 tanks? It rarely pens more than the APHE round and really the only upside of it over APHE is it carries it’s pen at distances greater than APHE

1 Like

I am against HEATFS slingers or HEAT that is 400 mm pen at WWII BRs. If it pens same as regular round then i guess okay.

3 Likes

Ahhh ok. I doubt that the M26 could fire a heat shell like that

Okay. That’s probably closer to what it could pen. The closest thing we’d probably get is the HEATFS the M36B2 has.

Also I looked up if the M26 could fire HEAT and I couldn’t find anything that said it did

1 Like

M26 sits at 6.7 due to players using its APCR finally.
M26 easily frags Tiger 2s from the front if they fire APCR.
Identical angled pen as the APCBC round with far more flat pen, with the only disadvantage being APDS post-pen.

The M26 is much better than the Panther.

It should go back to 6.3.

4 Likes

Too late ,there is certain tank (M51) at 6.0 Israel TT that has 400 mm pen

2 Likes

In order to kill a tiger 2 with APCR, you have to pen its turret, wait for it to recrew, then pen its turret again. Because even APCR can’t pen the hull. That isn’t a viable strategy, especially at distance. The M26 is strictly worse than the Tiger 2.

6 Likes

You push it during re-crew and end its life.
You ammo rack it in the first shot and don’t need to push it.

How many long-range maps are you getting at 6.7? Cause at least 10 of them are locked to higher BRs.

Its just gap filling in a faulty system.BR is a mess in this game.

pushing assumes its a 1v1. It rarely is.
Ammo rack with a low postpen round is a dice roll at best.

Meanwhile, tiger 2s one shot a M26 anywhere.

These aren’t comparable situations.
The M26 is strictly worse than the tiger 2

3 Likes

So the m26 should be 6.3 until its spaded its new ammo?

I don’t the it’s the gap filling

Ain’t that the truth

2 Likes