M1a2s at top tier

This is what makes it feel like a campaign against the United States.

I have been present on every thread about legitimate concerns about every tank, and NO ONE has EVER been bothered by any of it;

No one bothered me addressing the issues of the Challengers, the Merkavas, the Arietes, the Chinese MBTs, the Leclercs or the Leopards… but as soon as a topic is made to discuss issues related to the Abrams, the thread becomes a rain of hellfire until the moderators have to intervene, close it and issue bans.

3 Likes

I’m always pleased to introduce toxic public enemies like you.

You’re welcome :)

Once again a thread full of people crying over non-issues on the abrams, blatantly asking for things the tank did not have irl or demanding it be put at a stupidly low BR because their understanding of ground combat is slamming their head against a wall till success.

I wish people complained about actual issues on the tank like for example its practically useless TUSK kit instead of demanding dumb things like an imaginary spall-liner or fictional hull DU

3 Likes

Three sources page 1 google say a strawman is an argument that distorts or exaggerates the meaning of the original topic, to put it in my own words. So, lets take a look at what you said.

Okay, okay. Now lets look at the post.

Interesting?? You know what I don’t see? Any text stating that the state of the Leclercs, the Challengers, the Merkavas, the Arietes, or any other tanks should be ignored in favor of the Abrams. Nobody said that. However, you distorted the argument and turned it into “IGNORE ALL OTHER TANKS IN FAVOR OF THE ABRAMS PLEASE”.

So there you go. What you posted was a strawman.

Public enemy of who?
US mains making mountains out of molehills and attempting to get the abrams variants buffed to unreasonable levels whilst it is still performing very well in the hands of capable players?
I don’t mind playing the villain for that faction.
Also whenever you use the word toxic I cannot help but picture you as a league of legends player.

3 Likes

I got you!

The biggest case on this thread is about the turret ring, which, as proven with photographical evidence, is a legitimate concern, too. The thing is physically ~300mm thick yet ingame it’s modelled like a flat 50mm thick plate.

7 Likes

Always has been like this. Any attempt to discuss the issues with American vehicles and the US Haters crawl out of the woodwork like roaches to derail the thread and bark all sorts of utter nonsense and claim it’s always and only a skill issue and so on.

They love to say they’re tired of seeing it, but always without fail find the threads and spout the same useless tripe.

9 Likes

me flipping back onto you? while you are the one this whole time trying to benefit off of someone else’s horrendous encounter in the forums to your own gains just so you can prove me wrong?

that the m1a2 is superior to the t90m? if you’re going to flip something onto me at least grasp at something worth flipping. I did not ask nor enjoy this tennis match

1 Like

I agree with most of your comment, but honestly I think with the amount of fictional things in this game, Hull DU could be allowed. TUSK II being forced onto a tank that just… doesnt need it, while TUSK I is a modification is stupid, the turret neck should not be penetrable by AA gunfire, and I feel that some people lose sight of that.

Very cool mental gymnastics you’re trying to pull here. Now, quote exactly whose argument I am distorting or exaggerating and where I respond to this person because my memory must be foggy since I don’t remember doing that.

2 Likes

too bad it getting increased to 300mm would do quite literally nothing with the penetration of top tier APFSDS, it honestly might end up being worse because of potentially increased spall

3 Likes

Reminds me of the ones you pulled to say that all threads wanting the abrams to be buffed means nobody cares about the state of other tanks.

This here, because nobody was disagreeing with that.

absolutely not, I’m strongly against experimental modifications that were only tested on the tank irl. The T-80B should have its thermals removed as well

2 Likes

Well, at least the Abrams would be no longer vulnerable frontally to auto canons hahah

It would protect even against 2S38’s 57mm canon! I think that’s a quite big deal, actually.

It would also protect better against shots that bounce off the UFP (unrealistic on the first place, they should shatter).

7 Likes

Good for you. While fictional things exist in this game, I’m not against fictional hull armor that some tanks got IRL being in game as well.

There it is, he’s famous toxic behaviour.

If you’re so tired of Us mains complains why are you here? Oh wait i know the answer, its because your buddies summoned you to join their toxic crusade.

You,Sneed and P1tzo are nothing but waste of time, have fun enjoying each others replies :)

6 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1e5wr2f/why_did_the_first_m1_have_better_turret_ring_than/

Here we go again, another take that every person says.

Nobody expects it to stop top tier APFSDS. We want the turret ring buffed so that autocannon fire (including SPAA) doesn’t kill the tank.

frontally, at least.

4 Likes

Cool story again but you didn’t quote what I asked. If I’m strawmanning somebodies argument (which would be interesting given I was not responding to anybody) you should be able to show whos argument I was strawmanning.

Reminds me of the ones you pulled to say that all threads wanting the abrams to be buffed means nobody cares about the state of other tanks.

Bro are you strawmanning me? God I can’t believe you. Joking aside I never have said this and you are now in fact misrepresenting me and my statements.

2 Likes

You responded in this thread, someone posted this thread because they wanted the armor to be fixed with a source they found. I believe the guy is wrong, but you brought in the “But the abrams is a better tank than what most people have at top tier”

THIS IS A STRAWMAN!!!

Then @P1tZO likes this disingenuous post as if its not literally the thing he complains about most.