M1a2s at top tier

Here we go again, another take that every person says.

Nobody expects it to stop top tier APFSDS. We want the turret ring buffed so that autocannon fire (including SPAA) doesn’t kill the tank.

frontally, at least.

4 Likes

Cool story again but you didn’t quote what I asked. If I’m strawmanning somebodies argument (which would be interesting given I was not responding to anybody) you should be able to show whos argument I was strawmanning.

Reminds me of the ones you pulled to say that all threads wanting the abrams to be buffed means nobody cares about the state of other tanks.

Bro are you strawmanning me? God I can’t believe you. Joking aside I never have said this and you are now in fact misrepresenting me and my statements.

2 Likes

You responded in this thread, someone posted this thread because they wanted the armor to be fixed with a source they found. I believe the guy is wrong, but you brought in the “But the abrams is a better tank than what most people have at top tier”

THIS IS A STRAWMAN!!!

Then @P1tZO likes this disingenuous post as if its not literally the thing he complains about most.

So toxic behaviour is not putting up with an entitled subsect of players? If you say so.

If you’re so tired of Us mains complains why are you here? Oh wait i know the answer, its because your buddies summoned you to join their toxic crusade.

Why am I here? Because I object and disagree with a lot of the outcry from US mains and do not wish to see the game balance be disrupted purely based on their low skill complaints (as unlikely as it would be hopefully). I also never used my soapstone so nobody summoned me, except maybe you with your rose petals.

I do find it interesting how it is the same handful of five or six US mains in every US complaint thread too, highly curious.

3 Likes

what seems to be the problem? do you have a vendetta against me? I guess its only fair after you failed to provide any context for the slander you threw at me earlier
in fact this situation is so similar to mine…you try to slander someone, they ask you for proof and you simply just dont provide any and keep dilly dallying and slandering. what a fun circus

1 Like

Experimental? Oh you sweet summer child. DU has been confirmed to be actively used in Abrams armor for a long time now. There’s also a reason why we have a ban on exportation of DU armor - Because we don’t want anyone else getting their hands on it and reverse-engineering it.

It’s been specifically why we developed export armor packages for M1s we have sold to our allies, so that the Abrams would have more than respectable armor without the DU.

I believe the guy is wrong, but you brought in the “But the abrams is a better tank than what most people have at top tier”
THIS IS A STRAWMAN!!!

No it isn’t. I wasn’t responding directly to the OP otherwise I would have quoted the OP. I asked you to quote who I was responding to and which of their arguments I was strawmanning. I’ve asked you three times now and you still haven’t.

The reason is obvious, you wanted to act like a pseudo-intellectual and wanted to attach some buzzword without appropriate context to meet this end. But please, do go on.

2 Likes

the amount of times i was killed by an autocannon frontally i can honestly count on one hand, and that is driving the turbonerfed shitbox that is the ZTZ-99 family currently in-game, in my experience tandem ATGM’s are a way bigger threat than autocannons.

will it save you those precious few times that you frontally run into an IFV? yes, sure
Is it a common occurence (at least in my experience)? no not really

while i do support the turret ring being buffed to its actual values, i honestly think people are blowing the performance impact resulting from it way out of proportion. Imo the best shot the abrams has at an improved performance in matches still lies in the TUSK kit being buffed to its actual values, making it harder for flanking IFV’s to quickly shred through the side armor with autocannons

In the end however, the abyssmal perfomance of america at top tier is mostly down to the immense spam of premium vehicles by new players, which you realistically can’t fix with the way the game works currently

2 Likes

Funny, your only proof that you never did what you did is “I don’t remember that”

Surely that’s great evidence that you never did anything and I’m just slandering you, right?

1 Like

(unrealistic on the first place, they should shatter)

And anything stronger than 3BM22 should overmatch the 38mm of UFP and gut the crew. And 3OF26 hitting the turret cheeks should overpressure the tank. Should this be implemented? Probably not for the sake of the average US main. No, DU in the hull isn’t ‘realistic’. It’s experimental at best.

Cool story, sadly everyone in here knows why you are here.

You’re just a Us hater who’s waiting for an opportunity to come here and start strawmanning everyone who disagrees with you, whats best thing is that you dont even have a single top Tier Abrams yet you always talk like you have experience from first hand, which makes it more funny then already is.

Anyway as usual having conversation with you is nothing but a waste of time, have fun bein toxic cause i dont care about you anymore.

1 Like

Things seen a little bit heat up in here.
I will just drop my opinion.
Gaijin could/should add prototype M1A2 with DU hull instead of SepV2 (there are prototype like Leopard 2K,KPZ/MBT-70, etc).

But at this point M1A2 Sepv3 wouldn’t be out of question.
Also maybe adding APS system as a modification for SepV2. So that it has some unique feature over SepV1

This beside Abrams bug report that already been Submitted as a suggestion.
-fuel cell bulkhead thickness (would buff UFP and LFP effectiveness)

-M1A2 - M1A2 SEPv2 improved turret side armour (Buff turret side armour against CE threat by 250% )

-turret ring remodel

how would I have evidence of the deed that i didnt do? yes this is very much slandering

so what you want me to provide proof…to something that didnt happen?
ok here it is:

1 Like

The ZTZ-99 is not an abrams… Why are you bringing this up when we’re talking about the abrams turret ring being susceptible to autocannons?

Cool, I still want it fixed…

I don’t care for this tbh, make it an optional modification like it is on the SEPv1. It’s meant to protect against RPG’s and be used in urban warfare. The only urban warfare in war thunder is vehicle vs vehicle, in which the CROWS and ARAT doesn’t really help you when facing tandem-charge BMP’s or any better.

1 Like

That’s like 30% of War Thunder’s vehicles though?

Wait, is there someone claiming that the M1’s have never used DU?

Do you perhaps have a source for that?

Not saying it’s wrong, I just wonder if that’s purely the reason, or maybe the bureaucracy, protocols and legalities attached to the transportation and exportation of DU is deemed to much of a hassle.

The F-35 is being used by both NATO and non-NATO states, and as far as I’m aware that incorporates much more sensitive information (like networking capabilities, sensors data, AMRAAM data, etc) than DU armour.

2 Likes

battles almost the same (a bit lower on 2A4M) and WR half on US

That beside the point.
The point is that turret ring are underperform. Because Gaijin modeling issue.
And it should be fix simple as that.

it’s almost like the abrams rewards a playstyle that almost no new player will keep to (using ridgelines and sniping), whereas the other tanks (especially the russian ones) are way more lenient when it comes to brawling tactics (which new players tend to default to)

1 Like

Just the Japanese tree :^|
Other trees are much more faithful to irl vehicles, even if they suffer from gaijinisms like China and France just mysteriously missing features on some of their most important vehicles.

You’re just a Us hater

Yes, clearly I am a notorious US hater. It is true that I have also in the past been labelled as “THE RUSSIAN DEFENDER” by one or two of the US main subsect. My hammer and sickle glorious red and golden flag waving on the wall behind me and my scale model T-90M above my PC. You better believe it.

Also I do have the M1 AIM, which I have enjoyed in my brief experience even stock it is better than the challenger 2s which sit above it in BR. However the atrocious US teams and my lack of a complete line-up have dissuaded me from playing much more of the US as much as I enjoy playing some of the US vehicles. Unfortunately, gaijin cannot fix a severe number of unskilled and premium players dragging a nation down so this will never change. It also does not mean the abrams should be buffed to compensate for the lack of skill of these players.

You have also signposted your exit from this conversation in two or three posts now but you seem to not want to leave. Is something keeping you, or do you just like me that much?

3 Likes