M1A2 SEPv2's TUSK 2 kit should be an optional modification. Do you agree? [POLL]

• Yes, make it optional/removable.
  • No, leave it as it is.
0 voters

Ever since it was released over 3 months ago, M1A2 SEPv2 has felt like a downgrade compared to M1A2 SEP and even M1A1 AIM because of the additional weight that slows it down for little extra protection. Besides, the choice of making of this kit a permanently installed modification is unhistorical.

34 Likes

+1 yummy

10 Likes

Username, uh… checks out XD

2 Likes

+1 it only makes the tank fat and slow

6 Likes

Speaking of these removable armor, I remember making a suggestion to allow hot swapping it in the selection screen in battle, but it got sent to the void with no trace.

Could be useful to be able to remove the era if the map doesn’t fit it

14 Likes

Everywhere I go I see you and I am tempted to post that gif from transformers 1 but I don’t want to get banned for spam

6 Likes

Common W post here from you. I’d also suggest adding the possibility to remove the mine protection off the SEPv1 from your next pool :)

11 Likes

Should have been optional from the start since both it and TUSK 1 are just dead weight at this point.

I hope this can also remove the additional TUSK crew protection and the CROWS as well since both are part of the TUSK kit and are just HE magnets.

I do hope that it does not take years for such a change to occur like the stryker MGS.

2 Likes

If Gaijin wanted to differentiate the SEPv2 from the SEPv1, they could give the commander’s M2HB some unique ammunition, like Mk 211 Raufoss and M903 SLAP. Not only would it justify the SEPv2’s existence in-game, but I for one would happily use it more often. Until then, it’s pretty much a downgrade compared to the other Abrams variants.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I 100% support this post. +1 from me!

4 Likes

Or leave the CROWS and other turret cosmetic differences.

Some people dislike CROWS because they call it a HE magnet, but I think it’s a blessing against helicopters and I’ve never really had any issues with HE, hahah. Not like there’s even people regularly using HE to snipe roof machine guns instead of reliable APFSDS.

Alternatively, Gaijin should wonder why SEPv2 is heavier than SEP and baseline A2 even without ERAs and in spite of all the weight-saving measures taken for the tank.

1 Like

As far as I know, CROWS is a SEPv2 thing, not a TUSK thing!

Some people dislike CROWS because they call it a HE magnet, but I think it’s a blessing against helicopters and I’ve never really had any issues with HE, hahah. Not like there’s even people regularly using HE to snipe roof machine guns instead of reliable APFSDS.

4 Likes

Thank you! I remember, indeed, seeing a bug report about SEP’s TUSK’s mine protection, acknowledged and forwarded as suggestion.

I don’t know why SEP and SEPv2’s kit mods are so inconsistent… it should be TUSK and mine protection as mods, simply put!

In fact, every tank with mine protection should have it as a mod. Like… what’s mine protection good for ingame anyway?

1 Like

You remember it right :)

Well, most tanks does, except well, the SEPv1 if i remember it right.

3 Likes

Oh, it was you, once again! I am not surprised, hahahah. At this point:

6 Likes

It is and can be part of the TUSK kit akin to the loader’s 240 shield shown in all the pictures here.

Both are important parts of TUSK which became semi-standard outside of TUSK due to their utility.

Imo I’d still like the ability to remove both, separately if needed.

CROWS barely triggers HE anyway and can be an unreliable shot.

It’s the TUSK shields that are the main problem.

1 Like

The SEP v1’s mine protection is part of the TUSK module in game. When you add the TUSK, it adds the mine protection plate.

EDIT: Ah, upon further reading you want them to be explicitly separate modules. I agree, I think that’s a good idea.

3 Likes

4 Likes

+1

Basic Sep 2 with a crow system looks nice!

1 Like