M103 is even worse now

Everything’s “skill tissue” til a tournament player with far better gameplay & stats starts disagreeing with them. And normally I wouldn’t care about that kinda thing, but they make it about skill not game health so a skilled tournament player practically trumps everything…

Good tips: Don’t make a conversation about skill tissue if you’re not ready to give up all fair debate to the appeal to authority fallacy. But I guarantee you, after you show that screenshot it’s gonna be “I don’t care what he says” so basically admitting to hypocrisy.

That is usually what happens. When i see a picture of a penetration map where the tiger 2 is like 0.5m tall, im going to push back.
Or claiming that not being able to point and click to one shot = struggles to kill

Yeah, it has good armor, like i said.

The pen was not as good but the fact it is APHE means that it is able to do a whole lot of damage.

I never said they were the exact same. I said they both have decent mobility, good armor, and a gun that is held back by a long reload.

1 Like

Armour ratings after nerf:

T29 has better reverse
M103 faster and better gun mobility

T29 better round

M103 needs a boost or lower BR. Looks too good to be left to die

Please do use AI as a source.

Could use a reload buff and see how it does after that.

Just being lazy xD

It does not even give correct values.

Unless we are talking about looking at the weakest part of each side and removing the angle.

Did it though? I am not being sarcastic but commenting from the perspective of someone who plays the Tiger IIs a lot and often faces both tanks. Protection wise (and here I’m mostly thinking of the older M103 model because I haven’t encountered the new one in battle yet):

  • You can shoot the cupola on both. On the M103 this typically just kills the commander. For the T32 it is pure RNG, sometimes only the commander dies, sometimes the game decides your APHE fragments will teleport to the rest of the crew. So the M103 is more protected from APHE in this area.

  • As a counterpoint though I do have to admit that it is much easier to overmatch the roof armour of the M103 if the angle is right, because it’s such a big target. Sometimes this works with T29s etc too. The T32 turret is admittedly a smaller target.

  • Rest of the turret is essentially a no go unless you take out the barrel. Both have a muzzle brake but the T32’s is probably easier to hit due to its shape.

  • UFP a no go. Admittedly sometimes you can get a shot trap on the M103 but I don’t know why you would take this risk.

  • MG port on T32 means death. M103 lacks this weakness.

  • Specific sections of LFP can be penned at most common combat distances and they also mean death. Both the T32 and the old M103 have this weakness.

  • Too much angle on the hull will allow the 88mm to overmatch the lower hull side armour (usually igniting the ammo), both tanks have this weakness.

The protection profile of rank IV American heavies is pretty consistent tbh. I never found I had to change my aiming for each of them.

Unrelated, but the screenshot Tokerstar posted… That YT commenter saying the Surbaisse is the same tank but with an autoloader left me very confused. It has much worse protection.

Gotta use the 105 for that :) nukes the crew.

Plus no HEATFS. It is more mobile though which is nice.

1 Like

Sadly don’t have it, but I do have the Jagdtiger, and yes, that overpressure is nice. That is basically the M103 remover of the German 6.7 lineup

The M103 doesn’t have “decent mobility” it’s pretty mediocre because it’s governed down to a low speed. The T32 did… That was one of its selling points.

“Good gun”. Not comparable. Like I said. Idk how losing nearly 80mm of pen with a long reload is comparable. As someone who’s played those two alot over the years.

Jagdtigers used to have to be scared. At one point they could even be UFP by the M358-T. But now Gaijin couldn’t have a tank play one if it’s real life strengths.

That is like saying the USSR 85mm is not good because the British 76mm has more pen. APHE has a huge advantage over AP in damage.

Gaijin removing the ability to flank/ambush because too many players are unable to turn their head.

1 Like

Me mentioning all this already is hilariously apparent. I even mentioned the E1 being the end all to your T32 troubles in that regard for a reason… Reading further into a point is fundamental.

Most things you can’t pen with the 85mm you ain’t doing with the British “76” either. At different ranks vs different tanks you have different penetration requirements.

Not to mention the 85mm having great angled pen. Never mind that. If it weren’t for that… Yes the 85mm would be GARBAGE. Do you use 365K instead of 365A???

There’s a reason why 3bm60 was generally not all that worse off to M829A2 in the grand scheme. You have to aim for the same weakspots… But AGAIN. Different ranks vs different tanks = different requirements on damage and pen. It’s almost like the game isn’t uniform and has things like BR and Rank to separate and create different experiences…

I dont know man. I would take APHE with less pen over AP with more pen any day. Im usually not going for frontal attacks against heavies so it doesnt hurt me as much.

I use the 365 over the K because the much higher TNT is well worth the small hit to pen.

1 Like

M103s still can and will pen you. Even the American 90mm will pen you with APCR if you sit still and wait to be shot at. Yes the Jagdtiger has a lot of armour, but any player who blindly relies on that armour is a poor player.

As always in WT, where even Tutels can be killed frontally by a mere Panther, everything is about timing and positioning.

Also the JT got a crippling mobility nerf last year, which has made it even more situational than before.

I did not say you didn’t mention it and I did read the whole post. I was simply going through the whole tanks from top to bottom to try and see if one really was better armoured (my conclusion is not really tbh, at least vs APHE).

I agree to that. Even in the maus i try to avoid sitting there soaking up fire. Only takes one dude with HEATFS to mess you up.

Honestly, im the weird guy that still goes for flanking in the maus.

1 Like

Counter flanking in heavies is an excellent tactic, you are forcing light vehicles into the frontal engagements they wanted to avoid. It’s my go to for Tiger IIs too. With that reload, you are so deadly on a flank.

For the Maus it’s really map dependent. Your mobility sucks so much that timing can be off. Having said that GRB is like the zoo, so you can try everything and eventually you will find an enemy team stupid enough to let you flank A in a Maus on Fields Of Poland. It took me an age to get there, but when I did I cleared the six enemy guys that were sitting on the cap after having won the initial engagement, it was hilarious.

That’s the sort of dumb stunt that would never work if you were playing competitively, but, again, day at the zoo etc etc

Aiming is our skill, nothing more.
I’m out of practice aiming at Tiger 2 turrets with HEATFS cause I normally just go for their hull & destroy 4 crew members.

Soviet tanks are easier to hit ammo with by shooting turrets, but again… not usually needed.

T29 is a vastly inferior tank.