Look what i came across in RB finally! More OG maps please!

I would like to see [Operation] Korea in Jet RB match again.

It is weird that Korean War era jets cant enter that map because of its BR.

4 Likes

MIG 15 v Sabre days.
Although i was in the vampire . . . . . so yeah…

or MiG-17 and CL-13 vs F-2 Sabre and Hunter F.1

Good days fr

2 Likes

Oooo Norway, I’d love to see that map again.

1 Like

You lost well deserved - and not unfortunately.

After watching the replay

Gaijin Entertainment - Single Sign On

You and the wannabe-stat padder in his P-51 D-10 get outsmarted. And the 335 played the objective by killing ai - repaired, took off and landed again to j out and rejoin in order to get rid of the bind hunt order (i would have done the same) - there was no circling of his airfield.

I mean all i saw was gaijins usual handholding for US/UK players by creating a 6 vs 6 (axis vs allies) lobby with 1 fighter, 3 strike aircraft and 2 bombers (all GER) vs 6 US/UK fighters. I got better with late spawns of 3 Italian 109s and a Do 217 - but they were outnumbered (4 fighters in total vs 9 fighters + a Wyvern) and outclimbed due to their late spawn.

So from a neutral perspective: I am always happy to see if a single guy is able to win whilst playing the objective (7 ground targets) and is able to outsmart way more experienced players (= ~ 230d vs 25d game experience) despite gaijin had done everything to avoid such matches.

2 Likes

happens on the flipside also though.

Agreed (as very often, almost always) - but in any case:

Happy for you that you get this very rare map!

Btw - not sure if you saw this post:

At least it explains a lot what i see daily at prop BRs…

Unfortunately they removed all of the asymmetrical objectives on (most) maps and replaced them with the awkwardly uniform line of ground targets in the middle of the map. Both Korea and Spain were ruined with said change.

I believe Stalingrad Winter (with the bridges and absurd attacker spawn) is the only holdout at lower tiers.

1 Like

IIRC, Korea should be almost the same as the old one, only the location of the airfield has been changed.

I really miss when I play MiGs and 180 turns on runway for wiping AFK Sabres.

In under BR9.0s, getting back these OG map would not that huge issues for gameplay and is far better than the current spam of Vietnam, Sinai etc. All of them are not “big maps” and rocket aircrafts would be playable again.

• [Operation] Korea
  • [Operation] Malta
  • [Operation] Defending Stalingrad
  • [Operation] Battle for the Rhine
  • [Operation] El Alamein
  • [Operation] Berlin
  • [Military] Preparation for landing on Hokkaido

and remove [Operation] City from map rotation in ANY BR.

I hate that uniform mid-map structure.

1 Like

#whiterockfortressmapshallreturn

Surely one of the firsts map I have played in WT and surely one of my favorites to do so.

Yeah that was a good one, my only issue with it though is that it is relatively easy to push up and get into a spawncamp position early.

Especially at high/top tier I reckon that could be problematic, but the map is good.

Wow. I didn’t know that was a thing. Thanks!

I want Norway back so that I can finally complete my He111 torpedo bomber camo.

2 Likes

Agreed - map “Operation Uranus” when spawning from the left :-)

With some fantasy you can add the summer Stalingrad map to that - there are 3 columns attacking A, B and C point. Idk why - but if you kill some of the leading armored cars of the column attacking B point (no tanks in this column) their approach is stalled so that your tanks landing at B point can take them out - seeing this is only possible (at around 22 minutes) with unharmed ground units (=extremely rare).

But even very old maps have so clear visible flaws, that it is obvious that they were never tested.

I watched in 2022 a replay of a talented Ju 87 pilot - he played a fantastic match and lost by tickets as 3 own ai columns attacked 3 defensive positions with wrong speeds (and frontally) - leading to a crossing the T (yes Naval term) situation as the columns arrived after another and each column was targeted (and killed) by at least 2 defensive positions…

The old “Krimskaya” map was good too - 2 guaranteed torp kills of cargo ships anchoring in the harbor.

I recommend Hokkaido or the Britain map for your goal - if you are patient enough you might get a chance on Operation Kuban too - 4 cargo ships in the harbor.

But even as i have now on this account more than 4.000 missions with both B7A2 torp bombers (and about 400 ai ship kills) - i would say that i scored less than 5 torp kills - u sacrifice way too much positioning with such an attack for a lousy score. A 60 kg bomb kills every cargo ship - and i have 10 of them…