Planned Battle Rating changes for April 2024

This goes for the Super Hellcat as well. It’s fine at 6.3. Moving it to 6.7 means it’ll always see IS-3s and IS-6s. It has no business fighting those. Terrible BR proposal.

1 Like

That’s a pretty bad idea.

Some tanks/planes will become very undertiered just because no one plays them, while popular tanks will go up in BR for no reason other than the fact they are played often.

A better solution would be to take a more objective approach to vehicle balance, and relying less on statistics.

Im more surprised hes not blocked by everyone at this point.

1 Like

I have the AH-1Z and YAH-64. From my experiencs with them, the Hellfires deal much more damage than the AKD-9s, so they are better suited to dealing with tanks. However, they struggle (even at 5/6km) to hit anything that moves non-linearly, unlike the AKD-9. This is especially noticeable when you are shooting a hellfire at an enemy helicopter who’s evading at 4km compared to shooting an AKD-9 at a helicopter who’s evading at the same distance or even 5km. The AKD-9 is very reliable at hitting targets (as well as the AKD-10, although they are much slower and only outpace the AKD-9 at 6km or more. This is why I prefer using the AKD-9s in the Z-10 despite having access to the AKD-10s.) The Z-19s are also much more manueverable than any of the Apaches or Viper (although they do lack the chin-mounted gun for close-proximity self-defense).

TY-90s can be dodged if you know it’s coming for you and if you know how to dodge them effectively (roll dodge), I agree. In random battles, people rarely know what to do and usually don’t know you’re even there (Z-19 has air-to-air radar that does not give pings to enemy aircraft RWR).
In more competitve modes, like SRB, Z-19s become a bit easier to deal with, but in this case, Z-19s can easily support other helicopters or jets via third-partying, and get support by other helicopters and jets. You cannot do this with any of the hellfire helicopters, and if you only care about ground-pounding, the Ka-50 is just the better option.

So US air RB win rates are at an all time high for going on what? Years now? And the AMX gets moved up.

I know the US are the loudest player base but come on now. We still have the F-104 sitting at 9.3 for gods sake!

If you think 50-55% is an ‘all time high’, I don’t think it’s very impressive xD
Source: https://wt.controlnet.space/

4 Likes

The 104 is kinda stuck in a limbo now where if you move it up it would be absolutely hopeless against things with better msl, at least with all the subsonic moving down it would not be as dominating

His takes are so insane im surprise he haven’t got ousted yet. Literally gold medalist for mental gymnastics.

Decompression is needed, since the F-104A shouldn’t be facing 10.3s like the AJ37 / Mig-21 SMT/MF or F-5C, and especially none of the all-aspects (other than maybe the SU-25K for how short-range the R-60MKs are).

I have had him blocked for over a year and a half at this point, good to know i was right for doing so back then because he hasn’t changed at all.

2 Likes

Fully agreed.

The negative effects to 7.0-8.0 planes will be WORSE than the benefit to the 8.0-9.0 planes.

2 Likes

People like to dunk on these charts since they come from a third party (if I remember correctly), but I think they’re perfectly acceptable to use for discussion until Gaijin starts publishing their own and I think they should.

2 Likes

Agreed. Dropping MiG-15/17 & Sabres creates MORE problems than it solves.

RAISE supersonics instead (most 9.3 and up)

2 Likes

Then it compresses the 9.7 - 10.7 region. I think they should increase the max BRs again to solve this.

Raising them would just compress the upper br futher, the answer is decompression and br separation from grb and arb

1 Like

With this, how would that look like? Could you give us an example of where the A-10 Late would stand in GRB compared to ARB?

I agree… I don’t think simply taking 9.3s up would help. I think that MOST planes from 9.3-12.7 should move to 9.7-13.0.

Planes like Ariete/Sagittario 2, Hunters, etc. should stay 9.3. Planes like F-104A/C should go up.

3 Likes

The raise should go along with a total BR raise to 13.0.

This shouldn’t be a problem once Air & Ground BRs get separated.

1 Like

Ariete is a difficult thing to balance. It’s really good and destroys 8.3 lobbies, but can easily get third-party’d by most missiles above ~20Gs, and especially all-aspects. Similar problem to the MiG-19s.

F-100s, hell no, the rest is good, F-100s are not at all comparable to the Venom, Scimitar or the Hunter F.1 they are fine where they are, and the F-100 for france only has missiles different, and you also seem to forget the F-100A and the F-100F but they shouls stay at 9.3 or even go up