Limit CAS in RB for each player

Do you again want to destroy planes on spawn with Pantsir?

Already made in game. Just press sim mode button

A fix I have advocated multiple times before is make it so that planes cannot permanently kill anything but other planes.

By that I mean make respawning after being killed by aircraft free.

It means that aircraft can alter the course of battle tactically by preventing caps, removing spawn campers etc, but can’t single-handedly win the battle by themselves

3 Likes

This sums the entire forum up really.As usual the point is raised and the two sides form and those with a low intellect have to aggressively attack those with a differing viewpoint.Those who are a little more intelligence might try to understand where the other person is coming from.It can be that two players who argue one point in one discussion totally back each other elsewhere.

As regards to CAS hate or love I came into War Thunder for Air Battles after being put off online gaming for years by the amount of cheats. I soon got bored of Air so went to GRB as an afterthought.It was already a game with CAS in place.

I didn’t play the CAS for a long time.I love German WW2 armour so I played that.I got to about 3BR with no CAS and of course had my tank game ruined or interrupted by CAS so I came to hate it somewhat.Just a pure game spoiler. Here I was trying to learn the game which was hard enough with it all these F***ers in planes spoiling it.

Then I got a premium plane just to try it.Anger mostly ,I would return the favour or maybe see what I was missing.I was bloody useless,could not drop a bomb or hit a ground target.Then I got my first CAS kill and it was great.Yes it was also a revenge kill ,eye for an eye ,big laughs etc .I got hooked ,it was fun.I went from one kill a game to two,wow.
I never looked back from then on ,it gave me an idea from the air of how the game looked and how it was actually being played.I think CAS is important and for a team to win CAS good use is important.Stupid use of CAS does next to nothing.

So my point is I see it from both sides and I am sure both sides can come together to get something everybody is happy about especially at top tier.Just stop bitching at each other.

I don’t see that calling for a no CAS game has to be any way offensive to those who enjoy CAS.The game of GRB in WT has planes and land based units mixed,It has CAS,that is it but to desire a game free of CAS is understandable.The number of players that want a CAS free game are undeniably many.

The fear of an anti CAS movement destroying a good game is also understandable and the anger understandable.I have been there,in fact I have been angry on both sides lol.I feel somewhat silly I’ll be honest.
I imagine I would actually play a no CAS option sometimes if it were offered and I would still play the standard version.I have no idea which one I would prefer.

I think 2 air units is certainly enough and that is all I use max.

2 Likes

Ah, this could be happened on CAS BR, not only spaa

you can see in 7.0-7.3, that China or France still need to use TU2 or ad4 as the main users.

for Helis, considering most of helis under 10.0 don’t have good missiles or aam, it is acceptable, I don’t think a helis with 3.75km shot range is hard to kill, if you want to say MI24p, such kind of helis can’t see the target very clearly far from 4km.

By the way, there is still some options like Begleitpanzer 57,HE-VT is pretty good at this BR.

For the ground battle, the best way to deal with helis is by using fighters, the fighter’s respawn point are still lower than helis with loadout.

M163 is still a radar aa, at least for those CAS that don’t have CCIP, it is one of the most dangerous one

Conversely, should I consider it unfair for a 10.3 helicopter to be hit by an 8.3 HEVT missile as well?

Use LAV-AD and lock a heli that’s 3km+ away. Tell me how it goes.

Radar AA which is extremely hard to get a lock on. Even when you get a lock, it doesn’t last long.

No, Shturm-S is like a single vehicle out of a bunch, while literally any ATGM heli will be almost unlockable by a 10.0 IR SPAAs.

1 Like

LAVAD could use aim92 locked mi24p from 3.9km, and for ah1s it is 3.5km

Just wait someone is diving in 2km, radar could still help you.

Yes, we do have 506, Strela-10, 2s38, bmp2m, m247, Lvrbv701, veak40, Begleitpanzer 57, pls don’t just wanna use aim92 to shot down the helis

You can’t lock from that far away.

There’s a high chance you won’t even get a radar lock, it’s that bad.

Let me quickly J-out of my LAV when I see a heli, right ?

1 Like

I can, The mi24‘engine is really hot, which means it could be locked by aim92 farther. The last time I even saw an Ozelot launch the Stinger was when my laser rangefinder showed the range was about 4km. For normal helis this range could be 3.5km like AH64 or a129

why don’t you just hide yourself until it is in approach? pls don’t tell me you just stay at your respawn point and looking at the helis.

1 Like

Getting a lock on a heli that’s 3km+ away is like you win on a lottery. There’s a reason loads of people complain about efficiency of IR-based SPAAs against helis.

What approach ?
They just stand at 3km+ of range and fire their ATGMs. Only thing you can do sit and watch, unless of course, you want to J-out and take something else that has even a remotely small chance of killing it.

4 Likes

So its fine that planes destroy tanks on spawn ? Heh ?

It’s pretty hard to gaurantee a kill on the spawn, it’s only also if you see SPAA or MGs firing on spawn that you know someone is there moving and being vulnerable…

You have to be joking , with planes on 11.7+ having thermor , guided bombs , helis with rockets etc , all you need is to wait after movement for 5 seconds . Please go troll somewhere else.

Spawn protection still works, and SPAA is still functional.

It’s not a troll to be opposing your want to have limits imposed on things that people are also able to use in a anti air role.

2 Likes

Oh look its the pos that ruins others people matches because he’d get clapped he if played in air mode and people would shoot back.

But I like to shoot down cas.

I find it easier to locate targets on large open maps.

Thats the true problem.

Lol no, any sort of weather blocks off planes visibility 100%.

3 Likes

Its funny to watch people claim that CAS is for people who can’t play air or tanks. How so? It takes more skill to avoid Pantsirs than it does to avoid R-73s and R-27s.

CAS destroying the game.

CAS works like a sort of Cluster bomb Balancing, it hits everyone and lowers performance

its a way to remove overskilled players from the game who for example camp in unreachable spots