Lets talk about the state of Germany

okay so we lose 120 hp but still retain the 1.5tn extra weight ?
this sounds like gaijin xD

2 Likes

Sounds kinda like Leopard 2A7V transmission change 2: Electric Boogaloo

Gaijin: “We nerfed this feature because this document states it was lowered to increase another feature”
Us: “Oh, so you’re gonna buff another feature to account for it and make it accurate to irl? Thats ok :)”
Gaijin:

9 Likes

yeah its ridiculous even in the same source it states that the 600HP was meant for the first stage prototype build on the hull of a Marder ifv but the strain was gonna be too much so they opted for a new design with a new traindrive that could withstand a 105, after the design was done the increase in weight made it use the new 720 HP engine wich had a top speed of 78 km/H this design was used for the Begleit cuz the Marder hull couldnt withstand a 57 mm autocannon, there wasnt such thing as a stage 1 TAM cuz it never existed the proto was to be build on a marder hull but due to limitations it was build in the latest stage of the TAM wich had the 720 hp engine

Gaijin “sekrit dokument”

Yeah, you got it.

4 Likes

We should get the extra 3 crew members too we should get the same treatment of the BTR-ZD
rmhsoqwvc6791

1 Like

the extra ones are the bow gunners and the comander… not infantry.

According to gaijin’s secret dokuments, I should make a suggestion for a “stage 1” TAM without a stabilizer, with a marder motor and apds that could be in 8.0/8.3.

And another suggestion for TAM “stage 4” with 830hp leopard 1 engine and 120mm cannon, with armor that resists 40mm cannons probably at 9.7.

(of course, I’m being ironic but hey… so says the snail source).

yes, put three Heer panzergrenadiers back there, sitting on top of the TOWs lol.

Surely they already got a replacement for the old Begleit in 9.3 and will lower it to 9.0 where there is no line-up. That’s how it works.

I bug reported the mass to them already.
Community Bug Reporting System

After talking to David Bowie a bit more i was also told that Janes is not considered a valid secondary source by the devs (kinda BS but ok) …but IDR is because it was published by a different company than Jane’s, Interavia SA.

Furthermore I was told that the transmission being used on the Begleitpanzer 57 the HSWL-194 planetary with 4 speeds both forwards and reverse would not be compatible with the 720hp engine used on the production TAM/VCTP, because they use the HSWL 204. I cant recall ever reading anywhere that that the HSWL-194 transmission has compatibility issues with the MB 833 Ka-500 engine used on the TAM/VCTP.

Not much I can argue there without further sources that may provide proof that the MB833 Ka-500 engine/MTU is compatible with the HSWL-194 transmission and it would explain why some of the secondary sources show varying hp output of 710 instead of 720 .

Which is funny, because they themselves use it when it suits them…

5 Likes

To be fair it being 9.3 would be fine, the problem is the devs coincidentally forgot to move the vehicles sitting at 10.0-10.3 up .3 of a BR. It absolutely retarded that we now have leopard 1s,xm1 and amx30s facing late cold war tanks like the Abrams,t-80 and 2a4s. 90% of 9.3 games from my exp are uptiers into 10.3, its terrible .
I pretty much stopped playing my favorite BR range because of their stupid unbalanced change, how convenient they also introduced 10.3 premiums that totally had nothing to do with them forgetting to raise the the 10.3 vehicles .3 of a BR . God forbid we have decompression that makes logical sense .

1 Like

Many IFVs lack their ATGM loaders which were the infantry that accompanies the vehicle.
Marder’s MILANs are loaded by the invisible hand. [Bradley’s probably a better example.]
At least Begleit has the excuse of an autoloader.

1 Like

This error is very common in the world of engines when the power of an engine is designated in CV and HP.

irl >>>> 710hp = 720cv (that is, 710hp is equal to 720cv)

Many sources usually mix HP and CV interchangeably and in this case, the MTU usually appears in 720hp and 720cv, according to different sources. Maybe they just passed CV to HP and 720 became 710…
Ufffff, I’ll try to find out something about the transmission. So much problem with the source and the engine, but they do not reduce the weight of the vehicle. Also, no one understands why they limit the maximum speed to 70km/h.

I’m not a friend of Jane’s either, but Wolfgang Schneider…? anyway.

1 Like

That checks out as the 194 was only designed for up to 670 hp, which is exactly why the Ka-500 comes with the 204 that goes up to 600 kw / 800 hp

Are we sure it used the 194?

1 Like

… make alot of sense now

Dev like this is why I rarely play this game also thanks to helldivers 2

6 Likes

Well they’ll have better vehicle game play soon too

Liberating Malevelon Creek is much more important

2 Likes

oof how did this happen

People getting ready for the new AA maybe?

Not a valid argument. The Us tree has multiaple export vehicles that were never used by the US.