Lets talk about the state of Germany

Germany in War Thunder is still bad:
it still lacks modern aircraft and attractive vehicles,
and there are many issues to be addressed
(still suggested or considered).

We thought we’d get some new vehicle or fix to solve some of the German problems,
but always disappointing.

2 Likes

For Germany Gaijin usually wants everything to be spotless. Not a single screw removed or added without proper documentation

2 Likes

The armor SHOULD still be great.
It’s just massively underperforming.
The hull front should be 50mm instead of 15 and the ERA should be close to 100mm KE on its own instead of a pathetic 5mm.

3 Likes

Do you mean the base armor thickness, the LFP, or the UFP?

Hopefully theres public documents on that because that would help against the 2s38 and hstvl. Then again why would gaijin do anything to fix the puma that has been bugged since launch. We disnt even get ‘fixed’ AHEAD until they wanted to buff a chinese spaa while keeping it the same br as the gepard.

There are, but they were denied because manufacturer sources don’t count for german vehicles

2 Likes

Does someone have more ideas for missing german cas jet aircraft or jet-bombers?

1 Like

Well your forgetting one simple oversight. NATO era is incapable of any KE protection, glorious Russia is the only country capable of developing meaningful era.

Asking for better NATO ERA is asking to be let down. Its unfortunate.

{E76D0D08-5B96-4B1D-9B6E-2DC83EDCA549}

2 Likes

Tornado IDS SLE. Which I think is an ASSTA3.1 standard. It has all sorts of guided weapons like JDAMS, Paveways, But also Glidebombs and ir can carry AGM88s (which would be useless)

2 Likes

Not realy. The glidebombs were prototypes that never left that stage.
There is no glide bombs in the official armament

The ASSTA1 can already carry AGM-88 HARMs

The marine ids can already do that xD

Well, if the F16AJ, Unarmed Yak 141 and alot of other prototype or simply non existant machines exist.

I think we should let the Tornadoes have their glide bombs

I will add it

1 Like

Tornado IDS SLE has already been suggested to the devs

Maybe it took 2-3 year to add this

And all this time the regular IDS will be at a riduclously High BR off 11.7 because?
Because it has 2 aim 9L’s?

2 Likes

Gaijin logic, not mine.

yeah basically. I remember seeing the IDS on the market, FINALLY a sick plane for Germany. Bought it, immediately spaded it, Ace’d it, and talisman’d it. Got some good grind in, then they moved it up BR and it was over.
Unplayable in Air RB, playable in Ground RB, but death inevitable.
And its “too fast” where it was, but a flying brick where it is now :(

Hopefully the EFT comes in December

1 Like