Lets talk about the state of Germany

I think his point was more’so about the fact PSO is functionally a downgrade of the 2A5 (partly because Gaijin just so happened to forget it has the same armour as Strv 122 in some places, so it’s actually easier to penetrate and kill than a 2A5), y’know, the MBT that was added in March of 2019, nearly 5 years ago.

still dont care

Gonna respond you on off topic, i’m not going good things here, sorry about that.

sorry what? you gonna dm me or report me for off topic?

No, there’s an off topic chat.

Yeah the leo 2a5 is just straight up the better option. Its smaller, lighter, and since the pso doesnt get upgraded sights its the same there.

Literally no reason to take the pso over the 2a5. Not to mention its the end of the line vehicle which means 480k rp to spade it. With a heatfs stock grind against t80bvms and all other russian era.

Should the PSO be ERA pack like it’s the case, or you have the same problem as us there ?

Same problem. Armor package is placed on a older model after a newer one.

I mean, for us it should not be ERA but NERA, wonder if it’s the same for PSO.

1 Like

The leo 2 pso as ive heard is not a 2a5 so no it shouldnt be a mod becuase it cant be. Its actually a completely unique tank. I think someone said it was a 2a5 turret on a leo 2a6e hull.

1 Like

Yes, while it is NERA, it basically falls off after being shot once due to Gaijin’s fuckery in implementation of add-on armours.

1 Like

I totally agree.

@Hyrikul
Keep in mind, the original post was made after the Son’s of Atilla devstream (2 months ago) when Gajin decided to add a brand new very modern German light tank with spikes (and hardkill APS) to a tree that already had spikes while Germany (and many other nations) still did not. I considered this to be the last straw so I made this topic. I was really pissed at the time (and so were a lot of other people) so some things may have come off in the wrong way.

May have been true years ago when there were less nations, not true anymore as I’ve stated in reasons in the OP.

I’ve not seen anyone say this, but I don’t hang around french related threads so idk.

I am not against adding French vehicles to France (and no one here is), I believe I Gaijin should be adding more to France as I know they have plenty of vehicles to add.

This is an understatement, just image if Gaijin decided to add a better mirage 2000 to China before France? or an Indian Rafale to Britain before France?

Leopards are the only ones with an artificial double spall mantlet. The German Leopard 2 hull armour is worse than Leclercs. Only advantage armour wise is turret armour which is not useable in urban maps which make up 50% of maps. Then there is the PSO which has even more armour problems.

France has a much better premium heli than Germany. Now starter helis are completely irrelevant since you can now grind with ground vehicles.

I was complaining that Germany didn’t get it’s own tech and was given to another nation instead. You are complaining about the same thing but for France. We are complaining about the same thing but just for different nations. I agree both nations should get their tech, I am not against that. Also the Rolands now are completely useless (against anyone with braincells) and the ItO 90M is miles better than the FlaRakRad.

This is not “just starting”, it’s been happening for at least 2 years now. Just like France, Gaijin is resisting to add a lot of indigenous vehicles to Germany, and instead a large number of vehicles added have been modified versions of existing vehicles or copy paste.

If that were true, Germany would be treated the same as US and USSR which is obviously not true. For example, the Mig-29G came the update after the F-16C and Mig-29SMT. Same for the Mig-29A, same for the Mig-23MLA, Mig-21bis and F-4F. Germany waited 3 years for a new rank 7 vehicle (yet alone a mbt) just for it to be a side-grade of a tank received in 2019. + a lot of other things I’ve mention above.

From New Power to Sons of Atilla, Germany got the 2A6 and PSO, France got the S2, SXXI, and AZUR. France did not wait 3 years for a side-grade, they got an upgrade a little over a year after the S2.

Only because there was a massive revolt against Gaijin because they refused to give Germany an equivalent of what Sweden has had since 3 years despite multiple options available. If you want to have a promise for a better Leclerc, you should revolt just as we did as well.

We both are fighting to better our favorite nations. Instead of having a contest of “who has it worse”, why not support each other on improving the treatment of our tech-trees?

I don’t understand this, Germany used the Mig-29. Also Germany does not have any indigenous options for an equivalent. France has many copy paste stuff as well (M4A3E2, M36B2,M26, F6F-5, P-36, AD-3, etc…) but I doubt you would want them to be removed?

Navy is a strong part yes, unfortunately that area of the game is not nearly as popular as ground or air.

8 Likes

I wasn’t around at the time of many of the disputes you cited. I started playing the game in February 2022, and chose Germany because of my pre-existing interest in the subject (when I was still in academia, one of my topics of focus was the economic history of the Third Reich and its industry, of which AFV production was obviously a subset).

I was very surprised to realise, as I learned more about the game and spent more time around other players, to discover how common it is for players to hold deeply entrenched tribalism towards a particular faction or other. I guess I should have expected it, but the reason why it surprised me is probably that my IRL friends who have been playing WT for years, dabbled into a little bit of everything, and never showed particular attachment to any one faction in game.

I guess I subconsciously expected that it was the norm: you’d have people like me, who focus on a single tree because they are obsessive by nature, and people like them, who like to explore the range of machinery the game has to offer.

I think for the most part, this tribalism holds us down, as players, for many reasons.

1. We’re here to have fun, and if we’re just annoyed at each other all the time, where’s the fun? Sure, this is a competitive game, friendly banter is to be expected, but we’re literally all playing this game together. It’s a much better experience if we’re friendly to one another.

2. Fun is not a zero sum game. Of course, you could make the argument that Gaijin has limited time and attention to devote to stuff, so what comes in new updates is zero sum to a degree, but the actual fun we have playing the game is definitely not zero sum. I’ll probably never play the French tree, but so what? If France gets more stuff, I’m happy because French players will get to enjoy it, and doubly happy because it increases the variety of vehicles I’ll end up fighting. “Playing against” is just as cool as “playing with”, as far as I’m concerned.

Your enjoyment doesn’t detract in any way from mine.

1. Because most of the time our actual gripe is with the devs, not with other players.

There will always be abrasive idiots in any group of human beings. I have seen with my own eyes just how insufferable and obnoxious some German mains can get. On the other hand, I also don’t enjoy being dismissed as “German main therefore dumb and opinion invalid”, which happens on pretty much a daily basis on this forum alone (and sometimes in the form of “fan mail” when I have a good match in game).

But we’re all better off if we don’t let that abrasiveness turn us into jaded and embittered players ourselves.

So, there is much to like about your post, and I wanted to include this additional perspective, because I think sometimes the WT community spends so much time marinating in its own little culture wars that it ends up looking at the finger, rather than the moon.

6 Likes

And in this king of battle update gaijin doesn’t even bother to give Germany anything new or useful
They give us the m-109 with a mg not a 50cal
The mig-29g at 12.3 that most people don’t play
They nerd most of our tank
This is from 2000h German main fku gaijin fku🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

1 Like

the best mig 29 currently in game

2 Likes

Take your mouth off of the crack pipe you’re smoking and look alive.

1. This is the smallest update of the year, which makes complete sense, seeing as the Sons Of Atilla update dropped just back in September. Consider it like an update shipped in 2 parts. The december update will be the biggest of the year, and will undoubtedly have truly “new” vehicles for many nations, Germany included (supposedly we’re expecting new leopards, per Smin)

2. The MiG 29G is currently the most powerful MiG in game, with the 9.12s performance and the SMTs modern missiles. It sucks that it took a whole new plane just to get here, despite the 9.12 having access to r73s, but it is what it is.
    And with the addition of a RP boost for skilled playing, you can grind it fairly quick.

3. You can’t blame Gaijin for giving the M109G a 7.62mm instead of a .50 cal. That’s just what it was fitted with.

2 Likes

Well, most powerful is an exaggeration. It is certainly the best dogfighter out of all MiG-29s currently, but it’s still at the same BVR capability level as 9.12A and 9.13A, i.e inferior to the SMT.

SMT also has more CMs and an actual ground load-out, so it’s more universal.

If you value radar capability and ground capability as well as sustainability, SMT is certainly the best. If you value dogfighting capability then 29G is the best. Both of those statements are subjective though, as people value different things more than another.

2 Likes

Somebody can tell me when was December update last years?