Let's talk about the discrimination and institutional inadequacy of the Soviet Air Force from the fox1, fox2 era to the fox3 era today

It had flares.

Btw flares were added much sooner than chaffs, like a years earlier, chaff where added in ixwa strike.

Ah I got my timeline wrong

MiG-21bis was a funny era. IIRC it had the interceptor afterburner when it first came out.

The mig-21s still have an over performing AB. They still use the emergency engine power figures and not the standard AB figures. (Confirmed by the Devs during conversation about the tornado getting it’s emergency engine power settings)

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/VJATxelvq4ln

Would be interesting if they also give the Su-33 takeoff AB setting when it comes out, could probably offset the massive increase in weight and make it more competitive compared to the Su-27.

Oh right, it’s never the vehicle of course.

p4ikQjF
Cry

The fakour-90 outperforms everything else by so much its not even funny I’d be suprised if the iranian tomcat isnt going to be 13.0

Its pretty funny throwing R.511 at people

Maybe. Aside from the F90s it’ll suffer at 13.0.

I mean toptier is mostly just throwing missiles at BVR currently and if the sea harrier is doing fine even well at its br then so will a tomcat

Its pretty fun to fly up throw 8 AMRAAMS and get 3 kills

We’ll see how it performs, it can hardly pull 10Gs at low altitude so it might be pretty easy to defeat.

OP just said they wanted more obscure and not overpowered russian missiles/jets and ppl started crying? Typical forum tbh

7 Likes

American mains are already asking for air launched SM-6 and F-22.

2 Likes

funny that you think that. in-game the R-27 is the single most overperforming missile in the game.

According to official records, it only has scored 3 kills and 5 hits in its entire lifetime, and 2 of those were russian on russian MiG-29s in Africa, and the last confirmed R-27 kill was by Ukraine on a russian plane back when the invasion started in 2014.

overperforming or underperforming is relative to the missiles capabilities itself, not its service record

5 Likes

It has the exact same AOA as the Phoenix just with worse Fin accel so you can probably jink it like an Aim-9G with its slower reaction time but given how it maintains mach 3+ out to 30km while the AMRAAM is doing mach 1.5 at 30km i really dont think anything but notching is possible

More AMRAAMS have been fired and only 16 kills have occurred you’re acting like its just the R-27 overperforming and not literally every missile in this game most of the time IRL when a missile is fired something will go wrong with its seeker or whatever else, missiles are pretty fragile equipment

Yeah… We don’t talk about that one.

Golden example: The Sparrow itself. Good thing failures aren’t in game, it’d be annoying as hell.

read the message i was replying to

… now get the R-60 out of there.

R-24T’s, they do shine but overall can’t be used at its full range most of the time. But I get your point, they are a better alternative but better than the AIM-7F? Could be up for debate, they have different pros and cons