KMDB T-84 BM Oplot-T - Royal Thai Army's Stronghold

…Yeh gaijin would defo just give it that for balance reasons…

That’s what I’m thinking too, because the tank is easily 11.7 material when you look at its overall armor and mobility. All it would need is a decent shell to help it compete

All modern Chinese rounds is back-ward compability with their domestic cannon.
I think T-84 should get TAPNA rather then Chinese domestic version since Gaijin behavior is avoiding overlap ammunition and make it more unique for each tank (like T-72M2 uses TAPNA although 3BM42 can be use).

1 Like

Problem is that Thailand probably doesn’t have Any TAPNA, but they could possibly have DCT-10 as they operate VT-4’s and we already know they buy Chinese ammo. It’s the most logical step, and to be honest gajjin has been often generous with how it gives out ammo to other tanks if it helps them stay at a certain battle rating.

Also considering that the Oplot would probably be an 11.7 vehicle atleast, TAPNA isn’t a very effective shell for the br, as it’s penetration is ok, but it’s damage is underwhelming thanks to having far less mass. For this reason, a shell like DCT-10 would be preferable

I think the Thai T-84 will be a squadron vehicle for the Japanese tree

1 Like

I hope they add it as a sub tree vehicle… Japan is a barren wasteland of content at top tier…

2 Likes

I doubt it

At least you get the fastest autoloader… on 6 vehicles!

2 Likes

Doubtful, simply because the base tank would have some very high stats when you look at it. It’s basically a slightly fatter T-90M, but with even stronger kinetic protection where the ERA is present, and an actual good reverse gear. It’s probably gonna be the end of the tree. Maybe something like a Malaysian T-84 that’s was trailed and was less advanced, so could be at a lower BR where most squad vehicles are

It’s true, Japan does get to enjoy a variety of MBT’s and a good SPAA to help, but they lack a lot of light tanks that are stabalized, any good ATGM tank destroyers, the helicopter tree is very meh, and they have some of the most limited CAS options in the entire game. For me, the lack of CAS is a big deal, as it’s an option I really like having in top tier ground, and also light tanks for scouting and support plays. In this sense, Japan is definitely lacking, and could use some options

Also would be nice to have an MBT with some actual armor from once, like the Oplot or Leopard 2SG

4 Likes

Regarding CAS (and before this goes off-topic), I’ve created seven new suggestions for Thailand, including some important CAS aircraft which could be added;

5 Likes

afaik they choose Polish PT-91 instead of T-84

1 Like

Yee, and the PT-91 could also be added if the devs wanted to give Malaysia to Japan, but the Malaysian T-84 could be added in the same way the T-80U was added to Sweden, as it was on trial in the country. I advocate for this route in particular, as I doubt we’re going to see Ukrainan vehicles added any time soon as an independent nation or sub tree, so this would oddly leave Japan as the best place to add Ukrainan tech, first from Thailand, and potentially from Malaysia.
IMG_1687-1-1
I might actually try and make a suggestion for the Malaysian T-84, as it’s represents a slightly older version the the Thia Oplot-T, and would be the only other way to get a variant of an T-84 in game besides adding Ukraine.

9 Likes

Oh don’t worry, I’ve seen a lot of your suggestions for Thailand(and am greatful for the work you’ve put in) and agree that Thai air would help give Japan many competitive CAS options.

I was simply making a comment about the current state of top tier Japan. In the future if the add Thailand and other Southeast Asian nations, thaings can change dramatically for Japan.

2 Likes

+1 considering japan ground is quite empty, this would benefit them a lot, cuz afterall they have a thai f5 now :)

7 Likes

Full send dude, you should!

3 Likes

It’s been made, is wating mod approval tho, so hopefully they accept

4 Likes

Lemme know what y’all think!

11 Likes

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

7 Likes