KMDB T-84 BM Oplot-T - Royal Thai Army's Stronghold

My bet is thailand uses the same ammo for both the vt4 and oplot… and its probs chinese tbh

1 Like

VT-4 uses ZPT-98/A, that’s just a different version of 2A46M, the same rounds can be used, different maybe came from the recoil mechanism, mount, cradle, … etc but not so different that can use standard 125mm, it can even fire modern barrel launch ATGM 125mm from any nation (mainly Ukraine, Russia and China) if the client wants.
It’s like M256 but can fire L/44 standard rounds.

If that the case.

Spoiler

2 Likes

Do we even have any definitive rounds thailand bought?

You mean this ?

Spoiler

1 Like

Yeh if thats the case they’d defo use yhe rounds for both…good to know. There any hard stats on that apfsds?

IRL should be 600mm of RHA at 2000m.
It’s just a DTW-125 generation 1 with an name for export BTA-4

Spoiler

2 Likes

+1, wanted this tank for a while, probably the best option for its representation.

4 Likes

I heard from a guy who’s in Thailand that the Ammo they use is infact Chinese, but I would want to look for proof. The fact is tho that Chinese Ammo can be loaded into older Autoloaders, so should be possible, and we know they have the ammo for the VT-4

3 Likes

It would just be a bad use of funds to not use the same ammo for both tanks if they can… right?

2 Likes

If they use this ammo then gajjin could just give it DCT-10, just like they did with the MBT-2000 and VT-4

…Yeh gaijin would defo just give it that for balance reasons…

That’s what I’m thinking too, because the tank is easily 11.7 material when you look at its overall armor and mobility. All it would need is a decent shell to help it compete

All modern Chinese rounds is back-ward compability with their domestic cannon.
I think T-84 should get TAPNA rather then Chinese domestic version since Gaijin behavior is avoiding overlap ammunition and make it more unique for each tank (like T-72M2 uses TAPNA although 3BM42 can be use).

1 Like

Problem is that Thailand probably doesn’t have Any TAPNA, but they could possibly have DCT-10 as they operate VT-4’s and we already know they buy Chinese ammo. It’s the most logical step, and to be honest gajjin has been often generous with how it gives out ammo to other tanks if it helps them stay at a certain battle rating.

Also considering that the Oplot would probably be an 11.7 vehicle atleast, TAPNA isn’t a very effective shell for the br, as it’s penetration is ok, but it’s damage is underwhelming thanks to having far less mass. For this reason, a shell like DCT-10 would be preferable

I think the Thai T-84 will be a squadron vehicle for the Japanese tree

1 Like

I hope they add it as a sub tree vehicle… Japan is a barren wasteland of content at top tier…

2 Likes

I doubt it

At least you get the fastest autoloader… on 6 vehicles!

2 Likes

Doubtful, simply because the base tank would have some very high stats when you look at it. It’s basically a slightly fatter T-90M, but with even stronger kinetic protection where the ERA is present, and an actual good reverse gear. It’s probably gonna be the end of the tree. Maybe something like a Malaysian T-84 that’s was trailed and was less advanced, so could be at a lower BR where most squad vehicles are