Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

The JAS39D is not used by the British air force, that is true, however it is not a civilian aircraft. It is used by a training facility, which is partnered with the British air force.

1 Like

US: F4-E [11] F-8E [10.3]
Germany: Mig-21 Bis [11.0]
Soviets: Mig-23M [11.0]

I cant be bothered to do the others, but I think the UK is the exception in that it doesnt have SARH below 11

None of them have PD radars. The first three have pulse, and the last has MTI.

Thats why I said PD with SARH, not just PD or SARH

Yeah, but they’d have to makeup a bogus skin for it in that case. You can’t exactly go slapping it’s current livery in game, when it’s just a billboard for a company.

Too many issue with it I think.
It would be a smooth fix to give UK CF-18:
It carries AIM-7s, the current BVR missile of NATO in game
It can carry AMRAAM, making the aircraft a good upgrade route for the future of the game
It’s multirole
It’s supersonic
It’s operated by a UK territory and a Commonwealth nation
Canada is already in the tree
It wouldn’t be OP but rather be exactly up to date with our other 4th gens
It would solve every top tier british issue

4 Likes

Ah… okay missed that bit, but still PD is really not that big of a deal in my opinion these days.

just noticed they spelled aardvark wrong on the dev, they spelled it aardwark

@Mysto The Israeli blog was released on the 19th when the Dev server was on the 15th.

I’m not saying it’s the best choice, just that it’s the one I personally would prefer.

1 Like

We still have time, then.

I noticed that as well. It gave me quite the chuckle.

That’s totally understandable, man. I just don’t think it’s very likely with the gymnastics Gaijin would have to pull to explain themselves, rather than just going “They’re getting this because it’s close enough and they need it”

Also a great number of RAF/FAA pilots did exchange programs as well and flew F-18s with the US.

1 Like

Yea I’m not sure if they said anything in the dev stream at the time though.

The only way I can see they could improve maps for submarines is to either; make the maps more open so subs can beeline to the enemy spawn and attempt to get a kill before the match ends, or put in lots of little sightline breaking channels which would only make the already suffering gun gameplay worse as its now harder to spot the enemy team. And of course due to subs slow speed where do you spawn them? We’ll probably never get much needed larger maps for a long while if they spawn with everyone else due to their abysmal speed, nobody would play them if they couldn’t make it to the battle.

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it a million times more, pre-1950s subs should stay in the likes of Silent Hunter instead of trying to force them into a game like this.

Fair enough. In the end, neither of us have any control over it, so we’ll just have to wait and see.

1 Like

Yeah, could be a messy addition… but ill be interested in trying them in the event. Might be the first one I actually participate in

It is a pretty big deal in ARB with the amount of Sparrows and R-23s/27s are being flung around per match, but yeah, it has become less of a selling point with ECCM missiles and generally better radars

and I dont think 11.0 for a sub-sonic PD carrier is all that big of a deal. Only 1 stop below a super sonic with PD. Yeah 10.3 could be game breaking, but not 11

I’m just really hoping at this point that we get something for Chinese aviation this update. Just a lil nervous since there really is no info too go off of other than the leak list

1 Like