Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

Yes thats correct

Exept almost all maps are not BVR, they are close quarters, noone wants to play spot the radar contact when they can have a dogfight

Its just bad luck that britains position means we need an interceptor for the GIUK gap rather than a dogfighter

The only other aircraft that would have ARHs is F-14A, which sits at 11.7 minimum right now.
That’s with missiles designed for bombers.

AMRAAM is anti-fighter. It’s an advanced air to air missile.
No way it’d even be 11.7

Maybe.

ARH vs SARH, it would be good. ARH vs ARH, would hcange nothing, except its now at 12.3

I think that problem could be easly solve by just adding bigger maps but that is my opinion.

I main SB. Even in that most BVR fights are barely more than 10-15km because everyone flies at 50ft. At top tier. I either:

A) win a joust
B) loose a joust
C) no one wins the joust and I J out or get instantly shot down in WVR

Yes it could easily however then top tier becomes increasingly boring, plus at long ranges Amraams are not hard to notch in anything better at flying than a brick

War thunders game design relys on furbals and arhs arent gonna change that a lot

I think Tornado with aim-120 would be highter maybe 11.7 but not 12.3

So tornadoes can’t notch is what your saying

I’ve always been in the opinions the Commonwealth Nations (or Commonwealth when talking into a WW2 setting so the Dominions)

Canada
Australia + New Zealand
South Africa

They all should have been independent trees.

I got people telling me the middle one wouldn’t work as an independent one but the first and last one definitely could have worked.

1 Like

Key things to remember:
Britian needs a Fighter not an:
Interceptor, Strike Fighter, Attacker, Bomber

Gaijin have said their stance on ARH is that they will come to the game, all at once. Eliminating the possibility that Tornado or Sea Harrier FA.2 gets it exclusively.

Commonwealth nations have been said by Gaijin, to be a viable solution to fill gaps a nation cannot domestically fill.

UK has a gap here that it can’t fill. It’s more likely we’ll see a CF-18 fill that midway point than a jump from Tornado right to Eurofighter.

There’s definitely options, like BAe Hawk 200, Sea Harrier FA.2 etc but none of these really are capable of going toe to toe with 4+ gen airframes

2 Likes

Yes i agree with you but do you have other solution?

No im saying that ARHs arent gonna be the godsend everyone talks about

We arent gonna get late Amraams first most likely, and because early ARHs are meant for long ramge sniping they arent that useful ingame

Try using a bolt action rifle in a COD team CQB deathmatch and watch smgs and shotguns beat you easily

Absolutely 0 chance of ARH being below 12, maybe 12.3. It would cause no end of complaining for people in F4s or Mig-23s which are gaijins prio at the moment

Hello lol

2 Likes

Oh lol I made that a few months ago when people were begging for Eurofighter!

2 Likes

The only solution is select additions that do stray too far from britian

The CF-18 is a strong contender as USA will already get at least 3 different F/A 18s and its not too far away right now, expecially without Amraams

2 Likes

The problem, is that when you do notch, and the fight goes WVR, the enemy you are fighting has alrready turned around, caught up to you and put a burst of cannon fire into you before you’ve eveb finished ntoching

In this update, a fighter for England is being added… There seems to be even a fighting name, Fury… Take it and leave :0

2 Likes

This arguement would work for AIM-54’s because they’re fast, low G pulling missiles for bomber kills.

AMRAAM is designed to kill nimble fighters. It’s extremely lethal against anything at 20nmi
It’s a weapon that we’ve not even come close to seeing the capability of in game.

Bruh it’s called Great Britain

1 Like