KH-38ML missile is not balanced in War Thunder's current enviroment

It isn’t. Neither is letting players first spawn aircraft.
The solution is ultimately stronger SPAA for ALL ten tech trees.
No excluding Soviets just cause they have Pantsir.
No excluding Sweden and France just cause they have ITO-90M.
No excluding China just cause they have TOR-M1.
ALL ten tech trees need stronger SPAA.

3 Likes

which SPAA have TWS? I wanna ensure a bug report smh sigh

Ths issue is what is there to add

That is the question.
There’s a memory bouncing around my mind that Gaijin is considering AI controlled radar systems.
This is a memory tied to their response to Japan’s options.
However, if my memory is correct this does not mean Patriot systems.

Wish my FlaRakRad had the radar elevation to pick those up

Religion prohibits to lock and shoot down KH-38?

and I take Gripen over F-16, but who cares

yeah you cant do that anymore, GBU drop speed is now mach 1.01

they all have bug reports from more than a year ago @David_Bowie passed it

Mach 1 is good enough for very long range GBU engagements. I do lower altitude than the images described and dont go out of my way to do safe drops high up.

12km drops to keep out of spaa range is still doable without much setup.

that is going to decrease the range by 6 km at least , time to target is also gonna get increased

As long as its within the guidance time it really doesn’t matter.

And the higher you go the longer range that limit gets. At 13 or so km height id expect you to almost be able to do a 20km horizontal distance drop within the 60 seconds guidance.

you don’t have that room in most maps, and only with GBU-24

Kh 29 are missiles not bombs… the kab 500kr are limited.

That would be with GBU-12. It gets 60 seconds guidance.

And as far as room goes, you allways have the option of going higher. Its all about trading safety for time, its why i do 12km drops as im practically safe while not having to waste time climbing.

the IOG is missing, it will fall short cause it is free fall bomb before that

You dont need IOG to reach the range.

You do it with ballistic trajectory.

Edit: to reach 20km your limitation is guidance time. At 12km the risk is not accidentally overshooting because you dropped the bomb too late

BGL-1000 has post-mach drop.

i don’t think there are ANY NATO weapons in game that att their BR outranges the SPAA it faces.

They are. F16C is far superior, even if it’s ordinance is not as good. It carries 8 ATG munitions. The D/H mavericks are not bad. They are slower than the KH38, sure, but they are on a far more capable airframe with a far more capable FLIR pod.

When talking about the SU25, you are talking about the weakest top tier airframe. An F16 will dominate the SU25. The missile is meant to fill in the gap it has in it’s flight performance. If it gets close, it dies. Even from afar, CAP easily deals with the SM3.