KH-38ML missile is not balanced in War Thunder's current enviroment

It’s worked

Ussr win rate jumped up. What’s weird is they block/ removed any comments mentioning the 38s from the forms

5 Likes

Yikes, I really do not have any meaningful comment to that. I just hope this isn’t going to be the new state of affairs, and they’ll change the missile soon. I was just playing another match before writing this, and I literally only died to just the Su-25SM3. I do not want to be that type of player that says Russia mains are handheld, but this type of addition really makes it hard to counter that notion.

2 Likes

not the SM3

Yes the SM3, it’s a chronically subsconic aircraft so it’s not getting to high altitude in any reasonable timeframe.
And it fires IR missiles which are distracted by smoke and buildings at the least.

some maps don’t have buildings (snowy/desert ones)

Not to mention a smart pilot will always target SPAAs first, where no fighting occurs (less wrecks, less smoke, less buildings)

SU25 doesn’t need to go high and fast, the missile does all the job.

you can fire the TV version without direct line of site and the missile will track in many cases if done right

Most spaa don’t have smoke, and are slow so they are a sitting duck for the sm3.

3 Likes

In fact, only the FlaRakRad, Canadian ADATS and the Otomatic have smoke when it comes to top tier SPAA.

The US ADATS gets ESS, I do not know if ESS can disrupt TV guidance, since thermals see through it.

Hasn’t CAS outranged SPAAs for like… ever?

it did

Bomb tossing is inaccurate.

“Where CAS has outranged SPAA with guided munitions”

The only BR where CAS has outranged SPAA was ~9.3-10.0, but multiple countries have the Roland 1 at 10.3 so technically no.

Helicopters for the most part also technically outrange but you have the same thing, certain SPAAs at the top of the BR range could target and deal with them.

1 Like

I do want to point out something, which is that I think there’s a lot of bad faith arguments in this threat. I have to admit, my curiosity got the best of me, and I wanted to check out the stat cards of the people arguing the Kh38s aren’t overpowered. Literally the first person I checked, had 199 spawns, 54 aircraft destroyed, and 344 ground units destroyed in the Su-25SM3. Russian mains arguing in bad faith to keep their broken toys, even when they only do okay with them is crazy to me. Others, seemed to have a much higher k/d but much less playtime.

3 Likes

those stats doesnt seem to be too impressive, hardly two frags per spawn. specially when some of those ground targets are probably from air rb bots, unless he grind up exclusively at ground rb or with ge

1 Like

Well. Fingers crossed this now means we can get equal performance AGMs for other nations.

Bring on Brimstones for Britain.

1 Like

what! it’s totally balanced, the pantsir can easily detect and take out the missile
so just spawn a pantsir
skill issue

they also love to say sht like

umm akshually i have never died to a Kh38ML in my Ito or Flarakrad
I can easily shoot it down :] skill issue

and then you check and they have neither Ito nor Flarakrad

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind KH-38MLs if we had AGM-114Ls, but for some reason THEY would be broken, and yet these KH-38MLs wouldn’t? The AGM-114 is iffy as it is, even if you gave it FnF there is still a decent chance it would either non-pen or lose lock (making the assumption gaijin treats it either as an IR missile OR gives smoke the “Chaff” capability).

Really I guess the complaint is a lack of parity. While yes, the AGM-65s get similar range (slightly shorter), the AGM-65s have to face Pantsirs with 18+km range. KH-38MLs only have to face 12km range at best. So.

2 Likes

Does the SM3 have some unknown laser designator tech that no other aircraft has?

Neither have any similarities at all, and perform in entirely different ways from entirely different platforms.

A 114L won’t be losing lock, as it tracks via MMWR.