• No
0 voters
Wich nation should get it
  • Italy
  • Germany
  • Both
  • I voted no to the first question
0 voters

Description: The KF41 Lynx is a modern German IFV manufactured by the German company Rheinmetall. It’s development started back in 2015, when Rheinmetall started developing a new IFV family as a private venture in order to satisfy all possible requirements of a mordern army. It was designed to provide all the possible comforts on the modern battlefield, including good survivability (some variants also feature an active protective system), advanced systems, and modern weapons. The first version, the lighter one (denominated KF31), was presented at Eurosatory 2016, while the first heavy version (the KF41) was presented two years later at the same event. The Lynx was offered in various configurations to fulfill different roles such as Light tank, IFV, recovery veichle and others. The first version showcased was equipped with a Lance 2.0 turret, a very modern turret equipped with a 35 mm cannon (capable of shooting progammable and normal ammunition) and a retractable double spike missile launcher. Later, it was also showcased with a 120-mm turret (light tank role). Since 2020, Rheinmetall has offered the vehicle, and for now, it has only been bought by Hungary, with a total of 218 vehicles to be built under license in Hungary. Other countries, such as Romania, Greece, and the USA, have expressed interest in the platform, but orders have not been placed yet. Now, regarding the subject of this suggestion, we have a new version of the Lynx equipped with the Italian Hitfact MK2 turret (the same turret as the B2 Centauro). This version was presented for the first time at Eurosatory 2024 as a collaboration between Rheinmetall and Leonardo. The Hitfact MK2 features a modern cannon (the 120/45 mm) capable of shooting all NATO 120 mm standard shells, including the DM53 (and maybe even the DM73), advanced optics, and a remote 12.7 mm Hitrole turret on the top. This version was probably realized by the Italian army, which is considering the platform to replace the Dardo IFV and the remaining M113 that are still in service.

Why it should be in the game: Since this version was not yet ordered by the Italian army it could be added to the Italian and German tree as a new light tank after the TAM (German tree) and After the Centauro 120 in the Italian tree (it would be cool to have it foldered with the B2 in future)

Specifications

Riepilogo

(For the basic Lynx)

(for the Hitfact MKII)

Sources

Riepilogo

Lynx – The new-gen combat vehicle | Rheinmetall
Lynx (Rheinmetall armoured fighting vehicle) - Wikipedia
RID - Rivista Italiana Difesa - shownews - Eurosatory 2024, l’IFV LYNX con torretta Leonardo HITFACT Mk II
Rheinmetall zeigt Minenräumpanzer Keiler Next Generation
x.com

Pictures

Riepilogo

10 Likes

+1 Hell yes!

2 Likes

C13 T90 but good, +1!

3 Likes

both

18 Likes

+1 but only for both nations.

4 Likes

+1 for both nations, as it was a collaborative design between the two nations

5 Likes

+1 for both OR just Italy, if it had to go to only one.

3 Likes

+1 , why not !

3 Likes

the alternative/continuation to the canceled Lynx 120 programm that was canceleled in favour of the KF51.

If you mind could you copy paste your suggestion for the german tree as well. Always is easier then someone else needing to reformulate it.

Like with the EMBT i am for an implementation into both trees at the same time. It would show the cooperation between italy and germany nicely

3 Likes

+1 for BOTH YESSSS

3 Likes

+1 C13 on steroids

2 Likes

Turret pics:

2 Likes

Would be nice to place it in the Hungarian line imo, once Hungary gets it in the army, especially if Hungarian production variant gets some differences, not sure about demonstrator though. In general the vehicle would be a welcomed addition for the game, but I think we should wait until we get more information.

Well this One doesn’t have a place in the HU line, as It doesn’t have anything to do with them (because as You probably alredy saw the HU One Is a modified version) but in future we could maiby see more Hungarian Lynx variants in the Hungarian line. Btw I have to correct that part as Italy ordered 1100 units recently (Also I don’t think Hungary ordered the light tank version, for now they ordered the IFV and AA variants, plus others recovery models).

2 Likes

Nice! That’s a deal)
Then, yeah, somewhere near Centauro 2 would be a good placement for sure.
So many btw, I wonder what will happen to the new Italian mbt idea.

1 Like

Sorry, I can’t read( thought you meant this exact configuration, but not Lynx platform in general.

Yeah I was referring to this

In the MBT department, Italy Will have an new tank called IMBT, based on the panther. A total of 280 units (130 for combat and the others for other roles) were ordered.

3 Likes

On top of the 125 Leopard 2A8s that they announced at the beginning of the year, or instead of them?

Instead the 2a8s were canceled because kmw didnt want to share technology/allow critical compomemts to be build in italy or be replaced by italian technology

3 Likes