KF41 Lynx (Hitfact MK2)

Yes, amazing! Hoping that this project can be a ticket for the replacement of the Ariete

1 Like

considering that Italy signed a contract for 350 Lynx about 2 weeks ago which would be 60% built in Italy, I would not be surprised if it get this turret for the Italian services.

this tank is very likely to be the result of the negotiation between Italy and Germany for this deal. beside the KF41, there is also a 200 KF51 included in this contract worth 21.6 billion $

this is a light tank, it would replace the centauro 2 but noway does it have the chance to replace the ariete

the lynx they ordered is supposed to be an IFV for troop support, so gonna be an autocannon.
This tank would replace the centauro 2 which the italian army isnt looking to do

that is not yet confirmed. Italy has set their need for 1000 tanks of many types. this includes MBT and IFV. With this contract they have 550 tanks confirmed. they might also modify the current tank to answer the Italian need and capacity or integrate more parts of Leonardo. this might include the Hitfact turret.

we will only know for sure once the tanks come out of the production in a few years.

@Il_Signor_Regio you got any info if italy is looking to replace the centauro or put tracked lights into a heavy battalion?

The second option Is more likely, as the Centauro I will be replaced only by the Centauro 2 (wich saw a new order few weeks ago). I think the Lynx with the 120 will arm the various heavy brigades alongside the IMBT and the C2 as a scouting light tank

1 Like

Italy Is going to order around 1100 units in a lot of different version.
I’ll leave a picture of all the versions, if You Need any clarification with the names tell me (all the renders are Just placeolder)

1 Like

This appears to be wrong. Italy placed two different orders:
Around 1100 IFV (in various different versions)
283 IMBT (130 in the combat version and 143 in recovery versions)
I saw that some foreign journalist newspaper made some mistaken regarding these numbers for some reasons

1 Like

For the Lynx we Will probably see Italian Turrets with the new Italian guns (like X-GUN) as well as Italian parts like the engines (altought that Is not confirmed)

For the MBT, Rheinmetall has decided to developer with Leonardo the IMBT (Italian main Battle tank), a KF51 Panther version with Italian parts (not Specified yet)

1 Like

that one i am highly concerned about, most likely its gonna be a licensed version of the L/55a1 i guess.
Because if italy will force their own gun development trough it might end up way worse then it should be.
I have no knowledge about a specific gun being in development with a lot promise by italy like the french ascalon

Dam its ugly.

yeah original one is better, mini leopard

1 Like

The X-GUN Is a 30 mm for the super av, freccia and maiby the Lynx. For now we don’t know if the IMBT Will have the L55A1 or the 130 mm. Well see in future, but You are right regardless, there won’t be a new Italian gun for the panther, but as You said, rather an Italian under license or little modified version

1 Like

ahhh, italy cannon for the IFV ok yeah that i can see more likely

would be suprised if italy would be the first to get the 130mm

1 Like

Btw I asked if I can resubmitt this One in the German section as well, as even If the Italian army buy this version It will probably have a modified hull wile this one has a normal German hull so that make this specific unit a separate version. I will do the same with the Marder 2 with the centauro turret.

1 Like

Sounds great! Definitly shouldnt be a problem, @WreckingAres283 is a suggestion mod and copy pasted his suggestion for the EMBT for france and germany as well^^ just changed the title a bit.

1 Like

IMO, Germany doesn’t really need this one since there are more interesting variants it could get, such as the Lynx 120.

I’d rather see unique vehicles/variants added to trees individually, and have a vehicle added to two or more nations as a last resort.

3 Likes

Agreed, but just because a veichle was suggested It doesn’t mean that Gaijin will or have to implement It. In this case, this veichle Is an international cooperation so It Is fair for both nations to have a suggestion about It

1 Like

True, we often forget that suggestions have nothing to do with how Gaijin will implement it LOL

1 Like