K2NO Black Panther

He was made suggestion mod in January the 26th this year
Both posts were added added July 23rd 2023
Unless i’m missing something, i don’t think he approved of them himself

fair enough about that then, still doesnt change that the suggestion are faulty to the core and havent been checked right

Two K2NOs, one with trophy and one without.

KAPS had issues with interference with the soft kill system, and Hyundai Rotem offered a ready-to-use option - the Trophy system - rather than telling the Norwegians to wait for the Koreans to improve KAPS, promising to deliver as quickly as possible.

How can they sell a system that isn’t even complete? K2NO with KAPS didn’t exist and couldn’t exist.

As with other countries’ export cases, quick delivery was a key strength of Hyundai Rotem’s offering.

1 Like

K2NO did not have KAPS K2NO had TROPHY :)
Norway had two variants of the k2 during the trials, the modified K2NO and the unmodified K2, and the k2 has kaps aps

K2 with kaps aps

Hey, off side a little bit, from this image, what is the name of this APS that K2 will or may used or it just a prototype.

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1707507524314
FB_IMG_1707507518567
FB_IMG_1707507522264

It didn’t have APS.

As I said before, this is how K2 with KAPS ‘should’ look like. Additional radar on front side of the turret and countermeasure launcher on rear side of turret replacing storage cabin.

1 Like

It just called ‘KAPS’(Korean Active Protection System) at the development, and development halted 10 years ago. APS itself finished testing, but ROKA didn’t want to test it mounted with vehicle because they believe APS will hurt infantry near armored vehicle.

2 Likes

The ones i have seen read about is equipped KAPS aps system ;) and also the k2nk wkth trophy.

Then what you’ve read is VERY wrong. Try find another source. Especially koreans.

1 Like

The sources i rind information from are the trustworthy ones, so it’s valid, not using wikipedia or fandom :)

You seem valid, indeed not

1 Like

this is the KAPS very easy to notice from other aps

Spoiler

I have, the “Danish” trial Leopard 2A7 w/APS was in fact a KMW owned Leopard 2 PSO-VT modified to look like a Leopard 2A7A1 in its production configuration. In fact the book by Frank Lobitz (current Chief Manager of the Leopard 2 project for the Bundeswehr) even states that the vehicle only bears resemblence to the Danish 2A7DNK.

Here’s the same vehicle but without Trophy:

Here it is again, but now looking more like a 2A7V a few years earlier:

So, what were you talking about? If anything, that modified Leopard 2 would be in Germany’s TT, lol.

As a sidenote; those armour values you’ve presented are quite funny, I still recall how Jarosław Wolski leaked that K2s armour cannot even stop 3BM-60 & Kornet unless it’s uparmoured, and you’re putting it at the level of a 2A7V lmfao.

As i said, i havent read much about the danish leopard, and i got information from someone wich might be misunderstood. And no, i havent posted any armor stats on the leopard

If that Modified trial vehicle should be in germany, so should every other trial vehicle, and that is not few :p

Yea, that’s kind of the point. It’s a vehicle modified for Germany by KMW, so if it’s ever added like any other trial vehicle, it oughts to be in the TT that created it & trialed it.

and if its trialed, but not accepted. It should go to the creator if that nation is in war thunder and not to the nation that trialed it

And there goes the validity of this whole suggestion, the korean aps doesnt exist and the eurothropy was only mock ups

There is no new turret, according to the employee of the Hyundai Rotem in ADEX 2023, K2NO model on display is based on the prototype No. 1 vehicle in Hyundai Rotem’s own storage.

All equipment shown is for demonstration purposes only and is not intended to be operational.

These are all mockups.

Already exists in K2, unclear what you mean, but if you mean this mockup, it makes no sense.

Spoiler

As you can see the hull, it has six wheels. The six-wheeled hull wasn’t even developed, and it wasn’t going to be developed until Poland/Norway bought it.

Already exists in K2

This is the only thing that has changed in K2NO

1 Like

thank u very much

The N-WAV, revealed in 2023, has a slightly modified version of the KAPS. And I believe it is still planned for the K2 PIP.