Just How Bad is the US SPAA Line?

Never had an issue with American spaa line. I don’t understand the hate to be honest.

3 Likes

Skill issue. Perhaps a new gaming chair will help?

US 40mm was pretty bad a while ago, but its gotten at least as good as other Bofors guns.

1 Like

Okay seriously.

The US historically did not place an emphasis on short range anti-air. It relied upon its airpower (CAS) to maintain air dominance and keep enemy aircraft at bay.
What you have in the game is pretty much all of the actual service systems it had. The SPAA it had was, just in case the airheads screwed up and let anything thru.
So if you are playing 'Merica (FY!) having a fighter(with maybe some bombiness) in your lineups to stomp on CAS is not only prudent, its historically accurate.

Are we seriously going to pull the “x nation didn’t develop x” card when that standard has been dead for years?

Let’s get a list going:

• F-16AJ & R2Y2s
  • Kronshtadt
  • South African sub tree for Britain
  • Finnish sub tree for Sweden
  • Hungarian sub tree for Italy
  • BeNeLux sub tree for France
  • All the other premium vehicles from other nations that the nation they’re placed in never developed or used…

Fortunately, we need not even go into the realm of fiction when actual solutions exist. Just give the XM800T and other similar experimental vehicles spots in the US SPAA line.

Alternatively, why don’t we just give the US a sub tree? Gaijin is handing them out like candy these days. Everyone gets F-16s it seems.

3 Likes

I’ve mentioned something like this before. Like a lead indicator that gets more accurate the more you fire at the target, to simulate the crew using their equipment to track and calculate lead. Higher crew skill = faster and more accurate tracking.

2 Likes

At this point, I don’t think anyone should bother responding to you since every response you have given is nothing more than aggressive and rude behavior. Just because you think those vehicles are “bad” doesn’t mean we agree at all neither do air pilots agree either.
The M19, M42, M13, and M16 may be easy to kill however they’re a massive pain in the ass to dodge so you don’t become a flying husk. The only reason people think their not good vehicles is because most who are using them, don’t understand the concept of leading your shots, nor using HE/Incendiary rounds.

1 Like

My responses have been my opinion of vehicles and/or the situation. Nothing has been intended to be “rude” or “aggressive” to other commenters. Just because you don’t agree with my opinion doesn’t mean I’m being combative. Can we have an honest and open discussion with taking everything personally?

4 Likes

would be even better if the guns fired assymetrically as they’re supposed to

2 Likes

So buff US fighter CAS with lower SP costs to make up for less spaa and allow American tanks and CAS to operate the way they were designed to?

2 Likes

Except… no. That would be stupid because it was never intended as an antiaircraft system. Pleas read my post again and actually think before replying.

2S38 was intended as a SPAAG, yet is an LT in game
ADATS was intended as a SPAAG, yet is a TD in game
M18 was a TD IRL, yet is a LT in game

And so on and so forth.

Intentended or not, it could very easily be classified as such. The US needs it, so why not?

4 Likes

Because we are pretending that this is a historically accurate game.

I’m fine with that. I’m all for historical accuracy! However, in this case, that would also mean that Gaijin needs to Redesignate incorrectly designated vehicles to the right designation, as having this one be an LT because “that’s what it was” while others are LTs because “oh that’s what’s needed and works” is ridiculous.

3 Likes

I agree. But the first step is to stop making the same mistake.

1 Like

The first step is to correct the old ones, which clearly there is no intention of doing.

Correcting the old ones involves messing with “game balance” etc.

I’m sorry, but that’s ridiculous. As if designating this an SPAAG isn’t for game balance. It would finally give the US a somewhat ok SPAAG in the mid tiers.

Either they get changed, or this gets changed. But to call one “for balance” and the other “for historical accuracy” is a double standard that is applied for no good reason.

1 Like

I’ve lost track of what we are talking about here. The XM800T? It was a scout vehicle with no AA facility. Again, it is a BS round peg into a ahistorical square hole. It doesn’t matter if it just happens to be pegged arbitrarily at a BR that doesn’t have a convienet AAA vehicle, that isn’t what it was for. Just because Gaijin has made bad decisions in the past to put unrelated vehicles in that role, like the Pbv 301, doesn’t mean its right. Its dumb and screws up the game.

The M247 happens to be one of the best one at getting rid of those pesky helicopters

I recommend learning what passive aggressiveness is. Some people were saying the M13, and M16 do fine. Others had no issue with the M19 or the M42 Duster. However, your responses and I quote.

This applies to all SPAAs. If you know what you are doing they become very annoying to kill.

While that’s true, you really shouldn’t be firing it for a long duration. Short increments.

The M247 and Chaparral should function together but given these are WT players not entirely surprised they perform poorly when not working in unison.

For the LAV-AD and XM975, just because you consider them Mediocre at best does not explain anything that’s an opinion rather than how they perform in the game.

Once again we stopped worrying about the need for SPAAs because we do not use one platform for both. They always separate now however that doesn’t mean you won’t see at best a bushmaster on it.

Overall what you expect either exists on paper or a mockup and that’s about it. Now there are most certainly some protos Gaijin could add however those said protos have not been suggested. So you want them, go make a suggestion.