Jumbos going to 5.7

A Tiger II H can atleast kill the 7.7 opponents it faces easily. (with a couple exceptions)
The jumbo 75 can’t kill the Tiger II H unless it’s a very specific situation.

The jumbo 75 does not deserve 5.7

3 Likes

The 75mm Jumbo was already poorly armed at 5.3…at 5.7 (6.7) it’s a joke.

2 Likes

Though we have not finished with BR/zone changes.

We are finished though. Gaijin has never to my knowledge ever did a 3rd pass. ever.

Edit: The BR changes are literally implemented in game rn, wym???

1 Like

And how is that going to work then? They already changed the BRs based on bad data and will now get more data from this supposed temporary change? Based on what are the next changes going to be?

If it’s going to get uptiered a lot it’s going to get dunked on, it’s performance is going to drop so is it going to get downtiered again? And a Tiger ll at 6.7 going to get some easy kills on the Jumbo so the stats are inflated and it’s going to go to 7.0 so it can get dunked on as well?

Yeah no, the jumbo is just gonna face 6.7 now. 5.7 doesn’t exist anymore so its a useless tank to have now. It only has 104mm of pen at 5.7 which is close to useless, you will just tickle your opponents now. Meanwhile it faces tanks that can just lol pen it that it cant pen at all. this game is just a joke now.

In your opinion.

Jumbo wasn’t on the original BR changes file…but TBH i dont see enough reasoning in the discussion for it to be dragged in…unless i missed something else…OR it was a nation thing…

EDIT:
To be clear…i think 5.7 is too high for 75mm jumbo…as i thought that 5.0 was too low. So 5.3 seemed ok…IMHO. I am hoping it will come back down…

2 Likes

Tigers and Panthers moved up and down in the past. Jagdpanther also. And these are only the ones i was playing at the time.
Several vehicles go DOWN on every adjustment, some had went up on previous iterations…but usually NOT the one immediately before (guess they take time to collect and accept data).

1 Like

I have less problem with the 3 6.7’s and more problems with the increased frequency 6.3’s will be encountered when at 5.7. There’s so many heat chuckers and 105/122mm guns the jumbo’s not in a position to earn a spot in the 5.7 lineup, where USA’s lights, mediums, and CAS can do so much more work.

It’s not about how well you can do with the jumbo anymore, at 5.7 the problem is that people who can do well could do better in almost any other 5.7.

Arguably it the Jumbo was a feared tank, First in Bastogne, they saw combat with just about everything and a german kitchen sink. i’m personally loving my new 5.7 lineup.

In all honesty I already used the Jumbo 75 at 5.7 due to the M4A3 (76) and M18.

It doesn’t affect me too much but I guess it does suck that you can’t use it with the 5.3 lineup anymore.

2 Likes

Jeez, I specificaly asked for opinion of people who play against it and instead bunch of wild US mains appeared:)

1 Like

Nothing to do with my opinion, that’s a factual observation, you cannot make changes based on unrepresentative circumstances, and then make those changes temporary on which you base more changes which are going to affected by the temporary changes, that’s just bad.

You found the singular comment on the Jumbo asking it to go up, but all the comments asking for the M26 not to go up are ignored, no idea why anyone leaves feedback.

Do you want me to list all the vehicles that were uptiered or downtiered that we found out after the fact did not need this change, yet gaijin has never bothered to fix? It’s a long list. It will be much longer than three vehicles in the form of the Tiger/Panther/JPanther being fixed a few times. (Over the course of YEARS too. The TigerH BR change that they are now reverting was YEARS ago.

Rarely ones that need it, usually heavy power compression. See: The current state of rank 6 air.

I guess it is a “glass half full or half empty” discussion…i dont agree with all BR changes, for instance i dont think jumbo needed another BR increase…but i usually think they hit more than they miss.

For instance…Tiger was too low in BR IMHO, and to me it looks as players liking it that way (a well used tiger was deadly) were making up arguments. Like the IS3 argument on the other topic.
The consequence was IS3 also climbing in BR…which i guess is fair?

I do admit i dont really get why 75 jumbos were added to the BR increases…

1 Like

Well…i played against it a lot when it was 5.0…was FAR too strong. Then it moved to 5.3 and it became less common…as there were MORE tanks that could kill it.
I do think they changed something else close to when they moved it to 5.3 that made it easier to kill it…the “weak” spot seems larger now.

I dont see enough jumbos being decisive in 5.3 games to think it needed an increase in BR. Well used it can be a pain as it can protect a spot, be very hard to kill and do some damage…even with the 75 gun. But no longer a “permanent” menace.
As all heavy tanks, if you see it on a 6.3 match it is usually much less effective. (Will be even less in 6.7 matches)

1 Like

The entire rank 6 jet bracket and most of rank 7 as well are misses.

Dont play that…planes are trickier to discuss…

Curiously…one of the misses i recall was the jumbo at 5.0 (as mentioned above) but was corrected, Panther was moved lower than it should and corrected.
I just recalled that Zis5 also changed BR several times…not sure how it is now…they break and correct :)