JGSDF Type10 Tank/10式戦車

Spoiler

With this willingness from Gaijin to improve mantlet armor protection I hope Gaijin reconsiders their choices for the Type 10 tank.

The turret face is said to resist Type 10 APFSDS from 250m (>600mm KE in game). This value in game is only present in the absolute strongpoints of the turret cheeks.

EDIT: Regarding this ^ specific part of this post, I am no longer sure about the legitimacy. While I still believe Type 10 armor protection is incorrect I can not confidently say thatit would offer 600mm of KE equivalent. I have a forum post discussing this planned, but so far it is hard to find reliable of helpful information.

I don’t believe it can be called a resistance if that was the case. Rather, I believe this would be the protection near the mantlet, where the least armor protection of the turret face is present, while the more armored sections provide better protection.
This would be the only case where the statement of such a resistance would be true.

7 Likes

where is that from

most likley this: 千葉銀鳩の備忘録 : 【軍事】10式戦車の装甲の防護力について

Type 10 apfsds = IV apfsds

Its a shady source with missing info imo. Would be cool if its true but other than this i dont belive any concrecte numbers where ever really mentioned.

1 Like

it should be true there is numerous sources stating about the breach armor being the same thickness as the modules on the turret armor

2 Likes

Oh yea i agree, the turret armour has no right being as bad as it is (cries in hollow 20mm trunion). But i doubt gaijian will actually accept that source :(

2 Likes

A bug report I did on the vidar to probe gaijin’s willingness to make armor changes got a copy paste response after 4 months wanting source material. Community Bug Reporting System

It would be interesting to see a bug report for the fancy nanocrystalline steel, using previous material such as the puma armor having the steel in its armor. Speaking of which, @WaretaGarasu , you said you’d work on some type 10 issues after the holidays. Any status updates or should someone else work on it?

1 Like

I’ve posted before about some of the things I think are weird, and I’ve reported some of them. But I haven’t gotten a response yet, and they haven’t fixed it…

Do You mind sending a link of them?

It’s at about #63 on this topic.

1 Like

one of the only times imma say this since i can get banned but it deserves it, fucking amazing job dude you managed to find every single little detail and compare it and find the differences absolutely amazing

I’ve seen your posts before, but it is very very hard to search for, and I haven’t seen them again. Can you post the links to them?

Oh i meant the warthunder issues bug reports

Is “activity” in “issues” ok?

1 Like

My digital zoom suggestion finally got approved Implementation of digital zoom
It was made because of this Community Bug Reporting System

2 Likes

Looks like the bug report for armor that @Drag0oon made got passed as a suggestion a couple weeks ago.

Honestly, no clue why. Gunjob looked at it and said if it was written and submitted separately for each issue it would be looked at. Generally im not too happy with it as ive learned a lot since then but eh, a wins a win. I doubt there are gonna be any drastic changes, if any in the first place :(

1 Like

Who knows, maybe it’s at least a revisit to update the Type 10 in general.

1 Like

I don’t care about the armour too much as those changes are so rare. I care way more about the turret traverse and mobility. Specifically, how stabilizer speeds are just ignored.

(not ignored but if you are in “sniper view” the rotation is limited to 30°/s even when the gunner isn’t moving and the stabilizer is doing the work)

All they need to do is just change the model and performance putting the one that’s to represent the Type-10 as one of the many prototypes cause the one in the game is indeed one of the prototypes.