JGSDF Type10 Tank/10式戦車

and another problem is that the type 10 its more zoomed in cuz the cannon its shorter and meanwhile the 125 its longer so its zoomed out

Yeah, the problem I’m running into is that I can’t find written and visual sources that agree on how long the T-80 actually is lol.

Written sources say 9.9-9.6 M depending on whether it’s a B or U variant, but the best image I’ve found gives a length of 9.2 M (ignoring the barrel/log holders on the back).

In the Image, Everything else goes with the written sources, so I’m a bit confused.

Edit: And 40cm still seems a bit long for the discrepancy in where the measuring stick ends.

yeah this is even weirder dude

i got some measurements done by thailand and japan

Yeah, that image has been what I’ve been trying to use as a base, but I think I need to swap to different software in order to work with images better lol.

The other thing is that some images may not be to scale, which Might be what is making this so difficult. My current software gives me pixel measurements, but it sucks (or I suck) at actually using images.

I made a suggestion for CVTs (and HMT) in case people want to go look it at. I made it because the other ways of fixing mobility didn’t work.

13 Likes

k found something tanks are normally measured from the tip of the barrel to the back of the tank so yes technically the type 10 its smaller than the T80’s but just because of the barrel in total hull lenght the type 10 its bigger

Ah, ok. That makes sense

I think you guy forget a thing, tank is controlled by human so the comfort of the tank also need to consider during the tank design, I didn’t have a chance to climb in both tank but from my experiences with PT91m (poland made t-72), soviet tank lack of the comfortable all their spaces are used for armor so the crew comparment is very cram that I almost can’t get out LOL

1 Like

It looks like this update, all blast door panels in mbts have been changed. Now, they are highlighted as red, and can be destroyed.

The TK-X driver…
w

3 Likes

He’s become one with the tank

3 Likes

Aint no way

11 Likes

Here’s hoping we see it sooner rather than later or not at all

2 Likes

Package Selling Driver

im more concerned that the driver of the type 10 is staring at the scopes like a virtual boy from nintendo when it shouldnt be like that

giant crew, long neck crew or JOJO style posture crew is one of the game that you must taste

Spoiler

1 Like

bruh

No the exceptionally expensive hyper modern MBT designed with western practices in mind as a replacement for the Type 90 of course some how has worse mobility than the Type 90, worse armor than the Type 90, and worse gun handling than the Type 90.

Despite documents from the JSDF explaining where the weight was taken out (They added weight in the form of armor, most of the weight removed was from engine, electronics, gun, and other components) thus indicating that the Type 10 had more armor with a lighter and stronger material it some how has less armor than its predecessor, with gaps in the armor that do not even make physical sense.

Despite the introduction of a very impressive and expensive CVT transmission, which it doesn’t have in-game, it some how is magically slower than its predecessor despite literal videos of it performing significantly better. Because videos aren’t evidence, comrade. Could be doctored.

The Type 10 remains a mediocre light tank with the worst protection of any MBT in the entire game. Because apparently the Japanese, according to Gaijin, are too incompetent and incapable of armoring a vehicle that is also fast.

Why? Because Russia can’t do it. Therefore Japan can’t.

I reiterate what Nnhack, (at the time) a technical moderator for Gaijin, had said about the Type 10 MBT on the old Russian side of the forums. Just so no one forgets…

"There's a hole here! So this part is spatial armor, and the Japanese engineers are incompetent!"
"The reason the Type 10 gun is lighter than the Rh120 is because they made the trunnions hollow!"
"The Japanese made a Swiss cheese tank with no prospect of any adequate upgrades. That's what I mean.
And the tank by all parameters is obviously a parade tank, and was made with the condition that no one will ever shoot at it. The same above discussed K2 - now this is a more adequate machine, though not without problems."

"I can't imagine any tank in the mountains, as it's not clear what it's supposed to do there, what to attack or defend, and most importantly how it will get there."

"They saved 5T from Type-90 by making a bunch of holes in the already leaky tank. Apparently the problem was solved drastically, right? Bridges must have been designed for exactly 45 tons, so that Type-90 could not drive, but Type-10 could. This tank smells of something."

"Yep. like almost all countries except FRG/US/russian Federation. And even that trio is not without crutches in tanks."```
2 Likes