Japanese Weapons Master Thread

Purchase of AIM-9X Blk.II and AIM120C-8 can be confirmed by DSCA

JAPAN – AIM-9X BLOCK II SIDEWINDER MISSILES
JAPAN – AIM-120C-8 ADVANCED MEDIUM-RANGE AIR-TO-AIR MISSILES (AMRAAM)

2 Likes

i guess it’ll be used for the F-35?
i don’t think AAM-5 can fit inside.
anyone know size comparison between them?

Ahh thanks!

AAM-5
Mass
95 kg (209 lb)
Length
3.105 m (10.19 ft)
Diameter
130 mm (5.1 in)
Wingspan
440 mm (17 in)

But cant find much on AIM-9X

I dont think its in issue with internal problems since F-35s carry their AIM-9X on 2 wing pylons

Im not sure if it is a software issue, or if the pylons the F-35 uses is not compatible with AAM-5

1 Like

Could also be an issue with the missle itself, I read somewhere that they had to specifically modify the Aim9s for the F35 since they normal start their motor to propel themselves off the rail which of course doesn’t work with an internal missle bay so they had to build in a delay that actually allowed the missle to drop down before starting its engine

Found where I got it from

2 Likes

What do you guys think of ohka for the game https://forum.warthunder.com/t/yokosuka-mxy-7-ohka-the-rocket-kamikaze/65155 ?

1 Like

Very unlikely it will get added and to be honest I’d rather see more of the Japanese “wonder weapons” like the Ki-147 which is a version of the Ki-148 we have in-game but with an 800kg warhead, Ke-Go IR homing bomb and even the Funryu AAM if the could be mounted on aircraft.

5 Likes

Radio controled via AWSD are so terrible to control and you have to get very close that it is more suicical than actual kamikaze. Ohka is just way better and out fo those wonder weapons was only one really used and proven effective when realeased. All those radio controled missiles had very short range and would not be effective irl as even Ohkas has problems of getting to the range even so they had it like 4 times greater.

The Funryu-1 was tested on the G4M aircraft, but it was an anti-ship missile similar to Ki-148, that had little in common with the subsequent SAM project. AAMs Funryu-2/4 were considered only as weapons for ships, but as far as I know, the matter did not go beyond the “proposal to use”; no specific projects for ship modernization were created.

1 Like

@Fireraid233 Did you find some usefull information from the website i’ve sended?

Apologies for the late reply…to answer no sadly ive been very busy with real life lately.

On other news Japan has officially signed a contract for purchase of Block IV and V (though which varient specifically for the block V still unknown) Tomahawk missiles to be equipped on the
Kongo, Atago, Maya, and eventually the new ASEV ships.

If Japan gets the block Va they are capable of hitting moving targets at sea AKA can hit ships…

4 Likes

Does somebody has information about AAM-3’s type of scan? The type of scan modulates in game
For example AIM-9M or R-27E (If i don’t mistake) uses Conical scan so it can be avoided with ECM.
Meanwhile Stinger or Igla missile uses Rosette scan and because of it, missile ignore ECM like Disco ball or Lipa.
Currently AAM-3 seeker is conical, the same as AIM-9M. But maybe there is information that it should be another?

Would be hard to find…so far we know it has IRCCM of IR+UV, BTT, and self search capabilities.

Yeah, this lack of information about almost any Japanese weapon is annoyning…
The IR+UV is known but I am afraid that it will ne not so effective in IRCCM than Stinger because Stinger uses more advanced scan type

Nice!!

The information i’ve sended is about WWII related vehicles.
Mostly about vehicles who could be added, but aren’t right now.

Isnt this a Japanese Type-75 MLRS?
If yes, it shows the vehicle with a bulldozer and smoke grenades.

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONY23BfFqj4

1 Like

Nice camouflage!

Spoiler

This text will be hidden

2 Likes

That is a Type 92 mine clearance vehicle. It launches a mine-clearing rocket that trails a wire with explosives. When the wire lands across a minefield, the detonation is designed to clear a path through a minefield.

2 Likes

oh, i didn’t know. Thanks for the info!
Looks can be deceiving.
I have deleted the one on the game discussion, just to make sure i won’t spread misinformation.

1 Like

Such a beautiful tank isn’t it.

4 Likes