J35xs is trash

No its not, please elaborate how it would shit on 9.7 and 10.7…
take into consideration multiple nerfes of J35XS and nerfes of all other planes in 9.7-10.7
then take equipment each plane has, flares, RWS, missles, ammo in guns

So please elaborate we are waiting.

3 Likes

Subsonic, flareless, absolute bus, only 4 SRAAMs hunter against a plane that is supersonic, has flares, good dogfighter, powerful IRST and 6 AIM-9Js draken.

Also being pretentious doesn’t help your argument

We are talking about J35XS, try again

They are literally AIM-9Bs with a radar seeker head

Uptiers are supposed to be hard, plus at 11.0 it can only see 4 F-4S maximum. The MiG-23 family benifits from compression and could go up to 12.0 and be fine. The real solution would be 11.0 for the Draken and ±0.7 MM

I am talking about the J35XS what are you on about

My man all you do is troll, like arent you bored? Your take about J35XS is just pure troll and its like you dont even know whta plane that is…but anyway, as always thanks for your input appriciate it, LOL

Tell me this is not the J35XS @Saitama_420

I am not trolling. I am describing exactly what you asked me to.

Its a good plane, just bad br

1 Like

Aim-9P, not J. and even though that strengthens your point if you compare it to the tech tree J35C the differences are in my opinion so minor that it wouldn’t warrant three steps of BR increase. perhaps two step, but not three.

The AIM-9P and J are the same thing in game so it doesn’t really matter, thanks for correcting me though

I am comparing the 9.7 Hunter to the J35XS. The J35C doesn’t have a lot of the things I mentioned and the biggest one is flares, even if they’re only 12 they are large caliber and it makes a huge difference

the P version can radar slave the seeker J version cannot IIRC.

sure, but not three BR steps of a difference. perhaps two.

I don’t really remember but I’ll test it out when I get back on the game

Could you elaborate? This is the first civil discussion I’ve had with someone about the J35XS lol

Naaah 10.3 maybe maybe 10.7 in worst case scenario, J35XS is perfect at that BR.

You say this and accuse me of trolling lmao

The J35XS is equal to this?

J35XS would be playable on the current BR, somehow. But if you are getting 100% uptier battles, which is what is happening after the last BR changes, there’s no chance to do something. Ridiculously small number of countermeasures, no bombs, sub-par missiles, fuel for 20 minutes and if you want more on those giant maps (a full 30 minutes, wow!!!) you’re minus 2 missiles.

I don’t need the plane to be superior, but if there’s no chance to do anything with it in battle, it serves no purpose and gets me nowhere in the research tree.

2 Likes

When the BR decompression happened the J35D was 10.3 and it still is, it wasn’t moved at all.
The J35XS was moved from 10.7 to 11.3 (two steps).

compare to other airframes of the same airframe with upgrades and their BR difference increase.

The F-14A to F-14B for example, the B gets better engines, better missiles (both IR and radar), targeting pod and laser bombs it goes up one step in BR.

The A-7D to A-7E. upgraded radar och better missiles. one BR step.

The AJ37 to AJS37 from a maximum of two RB24J (rear aspect only) to 2 RB24J + 4 RB74 (suddenly 4 all aspect missiles), one BR step.

or even better, the Su-17M2 to Su-17M4, going from 4 rear aspect IR to 6 all aspect IR, from zero countermeasures to 12 large and 256 small countermeasures. two BR steps.

so for the J35XS to gain IRST, 12 flares (which does a lot yes) and 6 instead of 4 of the exact same missile, to go up three steps in BR doesn’t seem reasonable. had it been only missiles and IRST i would say one step, but since it also gains 12 large flares i would agree with two steps. but not three.

There are more examples and i’m sure i’ve missed details as i’m quite tired (feel free to correct me if i missed something), but most planes of the same airframe with upgrade differences have gained about the same or even better upgrades for less BR steps than the J35D to XS.

After that discussion the argument whether the pair should both go up or down in BR is a thing i’m not ready to take a stance on.
but they absolutely should not be three BR steps apart when compared to similar situations of upgrades.

7 Likes

This is absolutely correct, I have pushed since decompression for the J35XS to be 11.0, many others along with me. These arguments are valid and credible, we need more people like you. Others undermine the value of these opinions by claiming outrageous things like 10.3 for the draken. Good job and keep it up!

3 Likes

J35XS is barely 11.0 material let alone 10.3 and anyone saying it should be lower than 11.0 has a severe skill issue.

The F-1 and the F-104J sit at 10.3 without flares, abysmal flight performance compared to the agile and just as fast J35 and carry the exact same armament (F-1 has 2 less missiles even).
The premium Draken could really do with a bump down to 11.0, where it would be extremely good, but asking for anything lower is ridiculous.

1 Like

10.3 is just ridiculous for it and totally defeats the point of the decompress. 10.7 is possible but better move to 11.0, try it and adjust it again if it needs it than to move it to 10.7 and it to be a total menace. But 11.0 should be fine. It will no longer encounter F14s which is has no meaningful defence against and the F4s and ADVs will be fewer in number. The biggest threats are aircraft like the Mig23 (which are probably under BRed) but then you.need to just employ the Draken to it’s strengths and not expect to overpower anything and everything you encounter with ease just because you paid for it

2 Likes

i mean its quite dumb that its at the same br as the F-5E that has a radar that helps with aiming when locking on a target and aim9p’s