It's time for Gaijin to finally fix the Challenger 2 instead of carrying all it's issues over into each new tank

The Challenger 2 has a long list of issues affecting it since it’s introduction over four and a half years ago. With the Challenger 2 OES being added as the UK’s top premium, and the Challenger 3 prototype being added as the UK’s new top tank I was hopeful that Gaijin would finally address these issues, instead they have just carried them over to the new tanks.

If nothing else it makes sense for Gaijin to fix these issues now in order to make the Challenger 2 OES a better premium, and make the Challenger 2 more appealing to unlock (which in turn would make people more likely to Buy the OES). Therefore I have made this thread to encourage Gaijin to finally address the issues with the Challenger 2.

Please also vote on the poll below if you are interested in buying the Challenger 2 OES.

What is your view on the Challenger 2 OES?
  • I would buy it in it’s current state
  • I would buy it if the issues affecting it (and the other CR2s) were fixed

0 voters

Here is a list of all the bug reports that have been submitted for the Challenger 2 & Challenger 3, courtesy of @Morvran. His original post contains additional issues, but I for the sake of this post I have trimmed it down to those with working report links

Mobility related

Armour/survivability

Main gun

Other armament

Miscellaneous

Challenger 3 Bugs (shall live here for now):

52 Likes

Excellent work gathering up all these reports. Its always helpful when community members who contribute as much as yourself air these concerns.

49 Likes

100%
It’s absolutely insane to me that they wish to charge $70 on a product with THIS many issues, despite the very clearly supported evidence sourced up by their community and presented to them.

Absolutely baffling that CR2 TES and 2F have 30MM KE and 400MM CE…

Good work rounding up the reports, man. God I hope they fix this mess.

16 Likes

Appreciate you going out and airing your concerns internally, hopefully they listen to their staff more than the reports :C

10 Likes

Ultimately these vehicles need a model rework like the Challenger 1 recently had. I think there are a few key issues that must be corrected:

• Hull Side Armour
  • Mantlet
  • Spall lining
  • UFP Add-ons
  • Side armour Add-ons.

Ultimately this could be corrected in a full model rework for all the challenger’s to correct their issues.

8 Likes

@Morvran put all the work in

8 Likes

Just to add to this list:

• Hull Side Armour
  • Mantlet
  • Spall lining
  • UFP Add-ons
  • Side armour Add-ons.
  • Ammunition stowage placement (it should be mostly identical to CR1, only no ammo in the driver compartment or directly behind his chair)
5 Likes

Any chance we can get @gromvoiny to look into this? If nothing else, we’re looking at Challenger 2 OES being a complete waste of the developers time, if noone will purchase this.

2 Likes

and I think more have been submitted in the past day as well. I need to do an updating session :D

6 Likes

Appreciate your hard work, big time, man <3

2 Likes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/aIZAZitXNYnx
;)

3 Likes

Thank you

4 Likes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/ZtsHpZbAeyow
And if you want to start doing Challenger 1

2 Likes

That looks like all the recent reports from the past 24 hours ish

4 Likes

I think it’s VERY telling there’s a lot of topics regarding Challenger 2 than any other i’ve seen. There’s an abundance of information that’s been submitted to Gaijin (see the monsterous list above) and nothing is being done, while new content builds off an error filled foundation.

It’s gotten to the point now where your own tech mods are voicing concerns about this, while still planning to charge $70USD for an unfinished and erronious product.

@Smin1080p (sorry you’re the only CM i’m aware of to tag), surely you’ve got a direct line of communication internally that you can pass on this disastifaction, like we’ve seen with the recent JAS39A to Sweden, but C for UK? In the same way as the outcry got forwarded on and a statement was made letting us know C is also going to Sweden, can you pass on this massive issue to the devs for comment?

11 Likes

Shall leave that for someone else ;D

2 Likes

But as for the actual topic: Yeah its insane that their solution to the last 5 CR2s is a prototype CR3 so they can just give it a bigger engine and different ammo. Even though the CR2s could be a really good tank if they fixed even 20% of the bug reports. Not too mention them all

2 Likes

We are trying to figure the tes/oes backplate on the
Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion if any of you want to come

2 Likes

Fixing just those issues would certainly be a big help

2 Likes

All dev server threads are automatically passed on anyway. Luckily devs will spend nearly the entire month of January fixing things so there’s some hope.

4 Likes