It's time for AIM-9X

Considering that this thread is about top tier air. It makes sense for my to mention air, yes.

I personally do not experience this NATO suffering in ground so it is not something that i constantly think about. At least US suffering, i suffer in british high rank tanks though

1 Like

Hell nah AIM-9X is crazy

1 Like

Numbers please.

7e is carrot on a stick without pulse doppler radar. None of 7e in-game carriers have it.

2 Likes

Why delete 3 missiles insted of add 1?

1 Like

That thread is your best bet

1 Like

Classified :p
But at least 50g overload, 20 mile range, focal plane array (completely unflareable). Plus it’s from goddam 2004 so not exactly used on aircraft we have in game.

They could just remove the artificial limiter they baked into the 9M when they implemented. I forgot that it is a 40-45G capable missile. Still doesn’t address the four Aim-7Ms vs six R-27 ERs/ETs though.

1 Like

yeah, not a lot will. From what I understand, R-27E was developed as a counter to the Aim-120A. The idea being that it could be fired at the same time as the Aim-120A and hit the target before the AMRAAM went active. That is why it has such insane speed. So until we get AMRAAM, we wont get its IRL counter and I don’t know if there is an SARH missile with comparible speed used by the west. That is its only truly OP quality, its speed. In all other respect, even SkyTrash has it beat .

Another solution is to fix multi-pathing. Everyone hugging the deck for safety gives R-27ER its advantage. If engagement occured at higher alts (this could be encouraged through other means, not just fixing the game, like much bigger maps). Then superior western missiles would shine as they were better at longer ranges

So four “unrestricted” Aim-9Ms (or I guess a much later variant of it) and four Aim-7Ps? I would say that’s definitely a step in the right direction in terms of some sort of balancing.

1 Like

So?
In-game 73’s have same range, speed and a bit less g-load.

Yeah hard, where’s my ASRAAM at 8.7 to counter the R-3S, damn Russian bias

2 Likes

Wasnt saying yay or nay, just that is a good place to find info.

But the big big thing about Gen 5 IR. Is their seeker head. They operate on an entirely different basis to current IR seekers. Its the same kind of leap going from Aim-9B to Aim-9M withwise to flare resistance. They are incredibly hard to defeat. But the 180° engagement window is also very potent.

• Imaging Infrared Seeker (IIR) which does an image of the target so flaring become mutch more difficult.

ahh yes the US is the ONLY nation that doesn’t get a 40g missile, meanwhile Sweden and UK crying in the corner. US suffers… from success

2 Likes

R27ER to OP give meteor

2 Likes

Yeah. SU-27 has SIX of them. Lets add the BAe Systems Tempest. 8x Meteor, 10x ASRAAM/ISIR-T. Then we MAY have a chance

1 Like

I dont think its enough either, will need her drone swarm as well

2 Likes

Gaijin gib death star

4 Likes

also what aircraft in the game can even use aim9x? no american plane in game right now has the systems irl to operate it