Is MCM gone?

I launched a missile into another from the enemy, it exploded, but the enemy missile wasn’t affected at all. If MCM is gone, that is amazing. Altrough unrealistic perhaps

1 Like

🙏

15 Likes

I tried to MCM a single time during nuclear escalation half by accident half on purpose, my missile blew up on the enemy’s missile but it similarly didn’t blow up their missile.

Nature is healing? 👁️👁️

I wonder if by chance both missiles get close enough in a joust, if its a RNG to decide who gets punished

Why is this community under the impression MCM is realistic at all? There is not a single piece of historical evidence of ARH missiles shooting down other ARH missiles in combat or live fire testing.

Even if it is theoretically possible, it definitely would not have a near 100% interception rate like it was in game.

11 Likes

MCM is unrealistic, even dedicated interceptor missiles only have ~60% chance of a successful head on intercept and fighter aircraft have to get close and directly behind a missile to have any chance at all, even on the big surface to surface missiles, that’s why there have been so many friendly fire incidents recently, the intercepting fighters have to get so close to the missile that the ground based interceptors are going after the friendly planes instead as they are better targets.

2 Likes

Yeah I get your point, but the type of fights that happen in AirRB are not very realistic either, they happen at very short ranges with both players pushing very aggressively against each other.

In theory the radars can see the missile just fine under, especially at those short disntances distances, and the ARH have proximity fuse, so that’s why people assume it would work. I think it’s a fair assumption.

Now the chances of the blast fragmentation cloud to actually hit the targeted missile would need to be taken into consideration. Like a grenade, the hit probability will decrease very fast with distance, and the missile presents a very small target at head on profile.

It results in annoying gameplay for sure.

Nah that just happens due to dsync sometimes. Were you using an amraam? They are worse at mcm

I was using an R-77 actually, on the mig-29KR

Close enough

I saw the missile explode into the incoming aim-120 from a hornet, but the aim120 passed through and hit me after

HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE SNAIL. so glad they fixed this

Had the same happen someone tried mcm my Fakour his pl12 exploded on mine but mine carried on.

Sorry to be bearer of the bad news but it still exists. I have a training mission and I’m able to shot down incoming missiles consistently unless they are launched within 5 kilometres or so, it becomes a bit of a rng at those ranges. sometimes they kill the missile sometimes it isn’t enough.

also it sometimes desyncs and not work as well.

Could someone test this with a friend perhaps? See if this is a genuine change?

It’s not nearly as good as it was but it is still definitely a thing. Usually if the incoming missile is 15 or less km away it won’t intercept.

you can test it yourself.

ps. it is still possible. nothing has changed since last patch.

Its semi-realistic, but niche

For example IRIS-T is stated to be able to be cued onto a RWR/MAWS contact by an EFT and fired towards it to intercept an incoming missile.

this update I’ve noticed most people who shoot my missile aren’t successful, my missile just goes through their missile and still kills them most of the time.
(If they launch at sub 5km)

However its definitely still possible at range, had a f-15 who shot out all my r77s and r27ers from the sky from ~6km

Gaijin try not to fumble challenge

God I hate this game sometimes

2 Likes