Is It Time For More Top Tier Modern MBTs?

Then Abrams X

I believe a step back for making sure TTs dont just from 9.7 - 11.7 immeadiatly but actually have a lineup at the very least in 0.7 BR range.

Why would we take a step back? its irrelevent to the topic really, more additions are very welcome to the game, but yeah we can take a step back only if Gaijin decide to fix the tanks that already has issues in their armor or reload anything doesn’t help.

Mostly disagree. The Ariete sure but the VT4 and Merkava are fine they just need their armor models fixed. If you moved the Leos and T-80BVM other nations would have massive lineup gaps.

We could see more upgraded variants of vehicles already in game such as M1A2 SEPv2 (Trophy), T-72B3 (Arena-M) etc.

Any new T-72B would be useless in top tier even with Arena-M its just too slow and its composites suck.

I personally disagree, other options would be T-80BVM 2023 some other irrelevant sub variant or a whole new vehicle.

The T-72B3 is among the worst 11.3 - 11.7 tanks currently, some band-aid APS isn’t going to suddenly make it peak META.

Still not revolutionary. What may be a huge upgrade IRL (e.g. Merkava 4 → Barak), may be irrelevant in WarThunder, while not so major upgrades like Challenger 2 LEP may be huge in WT.

1 Like

Again, I disagree, I tend to still find it very useful.

I can see many people appear to believe there are little or no more MBTs to add.

To prove you wrong, here’s a list of SOME of the MBTs that could be implemented in Rank VII-VIII:

Germany:

-Leopard 2A6EX
-Leopard 2A7
-Leopard 2A7+
-Leopard 2A7A1
-Leopard 2A8
-EMBT (2017)
-EMBT (2022)
-KF-51

United States:

-M1A1 FEP
-M1A2 SEPv3
-M1A2 SEPv3 (with Trophy)
-M1A2 SEPv4
-M1 Abrams X (2023)
-M1E3 (soon)

Russia:

-T-72B3M (2022)
-T-80BVM (2023)
-T-90M (2024)
-T-14 (2015)
-T-14 (2023)

France:

-Leclerc UAE
-Leclerc XLR
-EMBT (2017)
-EMBT (2022)

United Kingdom:

-Rheinmetall Defence 130mm Gun Testbed Challenger 2
-Challenger 3 (TD) (add-on UFP plate and Trophy)
-Challenger 3 (P) (2024)
-Challenger 3

China:

-VT4
-ZTZ99A2
-M1A2T (Taiwan)

Japan:

-Type 10 (chassis number 99-0240)
-Type 10 (48t package)
-Type 10 (Mitsubishi Hardkill APS)

Italy:

-Ariete C2 (AMV PT3)
-Leopard 2A8IT
-KF-51 (L55A1) (Hungary)

Sweden:

-Strv 123A (soon)
-Leopard 2A8NOR (Norway)

Israel:

-Merkava Mk.IV Barak

And this is just for the tech trees currently ingame. From what Gaijin has stated, they have no intention to stop adding new trees in the future!

2 Likes

I like they fix armor for already exist tanks first Russia is the only one with overperform armor while everyone else stuck with underperforming armor
After that then they can move on

I don’t think the game needs new top tier MBTs or vehicles, what the game needs is new mechanics, game modes and new maps.

3 Likes

C2 Ariete gamewise wouldn’t be much different from AMV PT1, so significantly below average unless it gets armor fix (including WAR kit) and maybe Shard.
2A8IT is still just plans, imo you shouldn’t include it so far or you should also include Hungarian KF51.
Btw more help can come from Romania, which seems to be placed in the Italian TT as well. They are currently seeking for a new MBT, there were plans to aquire M1A2, though then K2, should see what it eventually buys.
Apart from that there can be few other Italian vehicles (with poor armor though), like Centauro 2 and Ariete Hitfact Mk.2.

1 Like

I didn’t know about the Hungarian KF-51, thanks for the intel! I will update the list.

While C2 wouldn’t be much different than AMV PT1, at least it would be a better backup than the other Arietes. Besides, as you said; if Ariete’s armor, including WAR kit, is fixed, and it gets added with WAR, at least the cheeks would be able to withstand 3BM60, which is something!

But yeah, in the best case scenario, Italy’s future MBT lineup could be: KF-51 (L55A1), Leopard 2A8IT, Leopard 2A7HU, Ariete C2 (AMV PT3); and possibly a potential Romanian K2 as you said. Not bad at all!

1 Like

I also just learned that Hungary’s KF-51 will use a 120mm gun instead of 130mm. Interesting! Gameplay wise, that means the Hungarian variant would be different from the German one; so even though they are mostly the same tank, they will also be somewhat unique!

Exactly those of the map are no fun for MBT but they gonna need better engine to do that kind of stuff this game still using old engine

I made the list into an image for more clarity!

3 Likes

Definitely dont split the V3/trophy
We already have the SEP V1 and V2 that have practically 0 difference for ingame

Make it a modification you can remove on the normal SEPV3
And if i recall correctly V4 has no differences that would matter in game

not to mention the 140mm experimental mbts