What's the point of playing germany with hungary in italy?

Well said

And? Are you going to complain when the Italian 2A8 comes?

Yeah. You’ve got more than one viable MBT, an actually viable SPAA, some good light tanks (even though I agree a Spike carrying PUMA should be added). The only thing that’s really desperately needed in comparison to other nations is some better CAS.

Same as above, although I would like to add that literally only one 2A7HU is not going to be the same as a 2A5+2A6+2PL+2PSO+2A7V.

If Germany isn’t buying their own stuff, that’s Germany’s problem! Sure, as long as the buyer’s tech tree (Hungary, Italy, whoever) get the KF51 as well, then Germany should get it too just to be balanced.

So if italy garbage at making tanks don’t bring others into it

Which negates what I said how, regardless of how accurate the statement is? Hungary bought the 2A7HU. Italy is buying/has bought the 2A8. Why shouldn’t they get vehicles they are putting into service?

1 Like

Because what would be the point of playing germany then?

Did you read what I posted? Or what others have posted?

1 Like

Yea cus i rather read sense other then none
So not worth attention

Cool, if you’re not going to listen to reason I won’t bother trying to show you reason.

I get what you’re trying to say
But why not adding leopard 2a7+ to germany?
About 2a8 no i will not complain too much really if germany would be the first to have it

Im going to be blunt, womp womp.
Italy, as it is in game currently, is the single least playable ground tree at top tier in the entire game. They have the single worst MBT, a garbage overtired AAA, and no propper top tier support vehicles. 1 meta ish tank will make them playable. But god forbid you cant play your 2A7 and curbstomp half of the nations without any counter.

4 Likes

Initially I was going to say that it’s probably because the order hasn’t actually happened yet, but apparently it’s still not really certain (from a very basic google search just now, I could be wrong) if the Bundeswehr is purchasing the 2A7+ or the 2A8. Also, it’s probably too soon for Germany to get a new MBT I would think. They really just need to fix the 2A7V’s armor and whatever else that is inaccurate.

Germany and Italy should get it at the same time, if Germany is actually purchasing the 2A8 and not the 2A7+ (especially since the Italian version is built/designed cooperatively).

If you see the entire point of the German Tree as the Leopard 2A7, that’s just sad.

The 2A7HU is an excellent addition to the Hungarian Tree and makes Italy a competitively viable nation at 11.7. Italy has been suffering for years without any capable vehicles past 10.3. It’s about damn time they got something good.

3 Likes

I understand that the Ariete sucks irl due to some “questnable” decisions but it aint good way to make the italian Tree stronger by addin better tanks out of a different tt.

Atm the hungarian 2A7 is a betterversion of the Tank that we have in the german TT (the 2A7 is the 2A7V+ i belive)

We are at a point where 3 nations have LEO2`s and soon there will be 4.
I started playing germany for the Unique modern (and very good looking) tanks.
If id really wanted to fight Leopards with Leopards id play arcade.

What is the point of reaching German Toptier if there are better versions of the same tank in other Tech trees (the snail has claimed that the Strv 122B+ is currently better then the 2A7V)

We are at a point where evry nation that doesnt have a tank that is “combateffective” gets a leopard.
MIGHT ASWELL give russia a Leo2A6 with bad elevation (doe to the forced gunlowering) and an Abrams due to them capturing the in ukraine.

I dont mind having other nations leopards BUT PLEASE dont give them stuffs thats better than the country who has the same tank in service/produces it and dont make me fight against it (maybe “historic” matchmaking like in sim?

At the moment the German ones is actually better… the Hungarian one has like 100mm less of protection.

It is the devserver…
The 2A4M cheeks are not modled at all
The CV9035Dk´s optics are bugged
The T-80 (idk the exact name) only had HEAT

just to name a few buggs
Im pretty sure that the amor will be added rather quickly

1 Like

man you’re the one claiming that the german one is currently (on the dev server) worse when it’s not true…

I am saying that the hungarians are going to have the 2A7V+ HU and the germans currently have the 2A7V (and that the 2A7V+ is better then the 2A7V)

So it is not at the moment… btw how it is exactly better? irl the difference between the plus and the regular was the rws and the roof protection, and the armor package that he v uses, so your left out with nearly the same tank but heavier and with a .50cal, the v is arguably better game play wise as the extra roof protection does not compensate the weight increase.

First of all i was mistaken the 2A7Hu aint a 2A7V+ its “just” a 2A7+

Leopard 2A7 / Leopard 2A7V

The first Leopard 2A7 was handed over to the Bundeswehr on December 10, 2014[56].

Leopard 2A7V (the “V” in the name stands for “improved”[57]) have, among other things, air conditioning, additional passive armor (against armor-piercing ammunition) on the front of the hull, improved acceleration (through modifications to the transmission and side transmission), a driver assistance system called SPECTUS (thermal imaging and daytime vision cameras with twilight function at the front and rear and an additional thermal imaging device for the gunner, which should enable the tank to be driven safely at night and in poor visibility), an improved running gear (longer durability of the vehicle suspension), a further developed on-board cannon (which can engage targets up to 5 kilometers away with high explosive tank ammunition), a 360-degree all-round view periscope (CCD camera and laser rangefinder) for the commander, battle management system-capable digitalized on-board electronics and an engine-independent power generator (2-cylinder basic engine of the type “Steyr M12 TCA UI”[58], 20 kW DC[59][60]) for operating the on-board systems. [57] The upgrade also includes the Barracuda camouflage system with heat transfer system (SAAB BARRACUDA MCS with HTR CoolCam),[61] on-board network optimization with UltraCaps in the chassis and turret area, a digital on-board communication system of the SOTAS-IP type and a renewal of the fire suppression system in the fighting compartment.[62][63] Another change compared to its predecessors is that the NBC protection system was relocated to the turret rear[64] and snow grabs for replacing track pads (for more grip) were moved to the outside of the turret rear. A Leopard 2A7 weighs 63.9 tons and has a driving range of 450 kilometers[57] and can reach speeds of up to 63 km/h with an engine output of around 1500 hp (1100 kW)[65][66].

By 2026, the number of Leopard 2A7Vs (or comparable) in use in the Bundeswehr is expected to be 205 out of a total of 328 planned Leopard 2s. The unit price of a Leopard 2A7V is around 15 million euros.[67] When retrofitting the A7V and adapting the A7s already built, the Federal Audit Office criticized the fact that the terms of the contract were flawed and would ultimately be at the expense of the taxpayer.[68]

As of May 22, 2022, the Bundeswehr had 53 Leopard 2A7Vs.[29] For 2025, the Bundeswehr has set a target of 320 Leopard 2A7Vs[69].

On October 12, 2023, the Bundeswehr received the last of 104 Leopard 2A7Vs ordered.[70]

(Leopard 2 – Wikipedia) translated using Deepl

Leopard 2A7+

The Leopard 2A7+ was first shown to the public during the Eurosatory 2010, featuring the label “Developed by KMW – tested and qualified by the German Ministry of Defence”. The Leopard 2A7+ has been tested by the Bundeswehr under the name UrbOp (urban operations).[citation needed]

The Leopard 2A7+ is designed to operate both in low-intensity and high-intensity conflicts.[277] The tank’s protection has been increased by modular armour. The frontal protection has been improved with a dual kit on the turret and hull front, while 360° protection against RPGs and mine protection increase the survivability of the tank in urban operations.[277] The modular armour’s system components were first used by Canada in Afghanistan.[278] It can fire programmable High Explosive munitions. The turret-mounted MG3 has been replaced with a stabilised FLW 200 remotely controlled weapon station. Mobility, sustainability, and situational awareness have also been improved.[277]

In December 2018, Hungary ordered forty-four 2A7+s (subvariant 2A7HU), making them the second operator of the improved version, after Qatar.

(Leopard 2 - Wikipedia)

*I belive the unmanned turret can be fitted withan 7.62, 12.7machineguns or a 30mm Granade launcher