Increase spawn cost for planes and helicopters

Doesn’t take a lot of effort to use wasd in order to move slightly, while your aim stays perfect for the whole time.

You don’t need to move much, just enough to throw off any LRF attempts.

1 Like

Yep, especially if You are at proper distance from battlefield. Not to mention that You should never fly in big open space.

1 Like

Omg, really never heard of professional players that can stay 3km away from they own spawn and sniper enemy tanks that getting to close. Your answer seems that you only play br 8.0.

1 Like

he meant to say that he can take on 3-4 planes, of mediocre/bad plane users with his SPAA, because if 2 of them attacked him at once, coordinated (or just properly timed) he would just insta die to a strafe/bomb/missile

1 Like

Yet it’s still effort that most people have no interest in putting in. Keep in mind an ATGM loadout heli can just spawn at the first helipad, gain some altitude and have immediate access to much of the map.

Firstly, sniping a heli hovering at treetop level 3km in your sightline away isn’t that hard.

Secondly, there’s almost no vehicles with LRF at 8.0

Third, and last I checked; my Type 90s, Type 93, Type 16, Abrams, Stryker, Lav-AD, XM975, AGS, LOSAT are all well above 8.0BR. I could go on but I think it’s quite clear I’ve cleared 8.0BR for some nations quite awhile ago. I could mention aircraft too but that’d be overkill.

1 Like

You’re wasting your time citing facts, logic and reality on the people who won’t accept being outplayed and defeated. Countermeasures certainly exist and are used successfully in battles every day…but they’d rather whimper than win.

Complaining about dying to tankers who fly who skillfully got their weapons on target is easier than admitting their legitimate defeat by the same. It’s too much for them to admit that they were defeated or that they didn’t do enough to survive (or even win).

If aircraft weren’t around, the same people would be complaining about ____ tanks because defeat is what they’re really complaining about.

What WT really needs is to add in despawn points, SP rebates for vehicles taken to despawn points and enhance access to defensive measures like clean fighters (per the well-received ‘Fighters First’ concept).

If SPAA and fighters were available from the start, teams would have every option for defense they could have…so they should have that now–especially as players want that.

2 Likes

Shooting down a daim heli hovering above spotting range is easy when you get noobs in KA-50 doing heli rush. Skilled players are not hovering around like flying target to get shot down.

1 Like

Don’t know about you but in all my experience over 75% of Helicopter pilots using ATGM loadouts hover at an altitude that is perfectly engageable by tanks on level ground. The other 15% are at an altitude that requires the tank to use an incline to engage, and the last 10% are at altitudes and/or performing movements that strictly require SPAA or CAP intervention.

In regards to helis with dumbfire rocket loadouts, they are nearly always able to be engaged upon since they like to approach low and close. I say nearly because very few heli users are capable of sucessful long range rocket engagements.

You’re far overplaying the card of the skill ceiling of the average WT player.

1 Like

That is extremely common among those who hype CAS.

Anyone who actually pays attention in-game sees that aircraft are much more accessible to defending SPAAs/fighters (and even MGs) than most hypers admit.

As an experienced tanker who also flies, I can testify many people don’t even try to shoot down/oppose enemy aircraft.

They choose to lose…so they do: it’s their own defeatism, not a game issue.

1 Like

Precisely. It’s been the same song and dance going on 6 years from those types.

Everything said is true to point, and even from my own experience I share the sentiment.

1 Like

Totally useless keep talking do you that helicopter can shot down by tanks. Keep dreaming pls I see heli go shot down by verhicles with autocannon like Puma, BMP2, 2S38 more in my battles. Tank shooting down helis is rare and only by using they 12,7mm machinegun and not using the tank shell.

1 Like

Buddy, I’ve lost WN8 the last few weeks prioritizing Heli play with rockets to complete the Thundercloud BP challenge and I died far more to MBTs between their main guns and LMG/HMG mounts than I did to SPAA, CAP and other Helis.

Like I’ve said before, awareness is key. Reaction is secondary to awareness.

Your claim is both subjectively and objectively false.

1 Like

You are not able to discuss anything with this kind of people. They are blinded by what they want game to be and they fear that it might change.

No matter how much logic You are going to use, no matter the facts and evidence that will be brought up, it won’t win against their personal experience that they see as ‘the only truth’. They will move goalpost and try to blame either You or Your team as they are not able to admit being wrong or that there is a flaw in their perfect gameplay.

I posted many screanshoots, videos, heck I even had to explain to them some things as they weren’t even able to use things that they were talking about. Can’t forget when one person said that I’m using some kind of exploit because he belived that You can’t do a C&F so he stopped responding to me.

On the new forum instead of gaslighting You, they will just abuse the flagging option as they don’t want people to see that the problem is not as small as they are trying to portray it to be.

I even remember that some tried to say that overpressure didn’t change anything, like that You are now not even required to hit open-top in order to kill it. But ye, if You point out that they are wrong You will see the same pattern happening all the time.

2 Likes

Lmao…you’ve got it confused and reversed:

The people trying to change the game are the ones who refuse to accept that War Thunder is a combined arms game and complain that it is.

This fact is a major reason TO has flopped and interest in it has died out to where it’s not really even talked about anymore.

If you need anything else clarified, I’m around.

2 Likes

Like I said, gaslighting and lying about how things are to just protect what they want the game to be.

Many topics poping out all the time about the same issue and polls which showed interest proved that people see the issue and would like a change, but some can’t accept that.

1 Like

Yes, gaslighting and lying are common tactics pushed by those who hype CAS. The hype crows resorts to those phony tales because CAS is actually nowhere close to what they claim…so they have to lie about it.

Aircraft account for around 10% of tank deaths in the mode…a paltry share. Once you consider aircraft SP costs (double/more than double tanks’) and their lack of interaction with caps, the CAS hype falls apart.

Belief in CAS hype is indicative of a poor understanding of WT…and other things too.

Lmao–all the whine threads when their ‘invulnerable, best tank of the war!’ Tigers get killed prove something too. 😂

Be serious man, c’mon.

2 Likes

As I said,

2 Likes

Given that CAS complainers are the people who insist they don’t have to play SPAA/be aware/use cover/etc, that quip fits those who hype CAS far more than anyone else.

Most of those people talk as though they’d be unstoppable…

2 Likes

The best part about people who try to defend air as something that there is no problem with are ok that:

1. Person who wants to use fully loaded with bombs/rockets plane can just cap a zone with reserve tank and he will have enough SP for it
  2. If first air vechicle was a fighter, then he will still need the same amount of SP to spawn in fully loaded Strike aircraft or Bomber
  3. If someone leaves the game and uses C&F tactic, he won’t get crew lock which gives him advantage over any person who wants to use tanks as player doing C&F can choose the map and mode he wants to play
  4. Person flying doesn’t have to care about uptiers/downtiers when it comes to tanks as a bomb will still destroy the target, no matter if +1 or -1 B.R.

But ye, there is no problem with it. Hide behind the cover which won’t work because of overpressure if You are using a light tank or open top one, use SPAA which can be killed outside of its effective range and be happy.

1 Like